Hamburg

Everything's relative, and maybe I've blocked out the darkest parts of the last 8 years, but I just don't think we were ever as consistently soul destroying as they must be. Even going back to when they were still in the top, annual annihilations off of Bayern, and then further back the two Europa League semi finals they had. Lost the first one to Bremen, and then when the final was in their home stadium Fulham stop them getting there. Imagine losing a European semi final to the scum, and then next year hosting the final and fall short to Huddersfield or similar.
Still back them and wish them well, but Jesus Christ.

So you mean that you'd rather buy a club that you truly have no real affinity for to all intents a purposes if you were a billionaire but would bypass buying into Rangers, the club that you support.. Very good.

You’re genuinely getting prickly about that ? :))

Everything's relative, and maybe I've blocked out the darkest parts of the last 8 years, but I just don't think we were ever as consistently soul destroying as they must be. Even going back to when they were still in the top, annual annihilations off of Bayern, and then further back the two Europa League semi finals they had. Lost the first one to Bremen, and then when the final was in their home stadium Fulham stop them getting there. Imagine losing a European semi final to the scum, and then next year hosting the final and fall short to Huddersfield or similar.

This is a new low and it's been gradually getting worse every season since about 2015. Winning multiple play-offs to avoid relegation not great, getting relegated very much not great but failing to even limp to 3rd place when it was very much in their hands on the last day is somehow even worse than the abortion that was last season.

Worst of all is catastrophic failure is no longer a surprise, it's expected.

Sandhausen is a village the size of Broxburn FFS.

This is a new low and it's been gradually getting worse every season since about 2015. Winning multiple play-offs to avoid relegation not great, getting relegated very much not great but failing to even limp to 3rd place when it was very much in their hands on the last day is somehow even worse than the abortion that was last season.

Worst of all is catastrophic failure is no longer a surprise, it's expected.

Sandhausen is a village the size of Broxburn FFS.

All they really had to do against heidenheim was not lose in the second last game, last minute goal. A few weeks ago they were 2 up at half time and lose 3-2. Something severely wrong, and when you look at the players who have come and gone, it really should be know where near as bad as it is.

All they really had to do against heidenheim was not lose in the second last game, last minute goal. A few weeks ago they were 2 up at half time and lose 3-2. Something severely wrong, and when you look at the players who have come and gone, it really should be know where near as bad as it is.
Sure they came back from 0-2 and lost with a last minute goal recently too.

They've been an absolute shambles, at least their fans won't have to suffer a doing from Bremen in the playoff.

Depends how you measure that big Club one. Hamburg huge, Stuttgart are - find it amazing that Schalke have 50,000 odd more members than HSV myself though. Stuttgart and Hamburg still have much much more than many Clubs in Bundesliga - Mainz, Augsburg, Wolfsburg etc... so both giants in Bundesliga 2 especially when they are playing the likes of Sandhausen, Heidenheim etc...

From Jan 2019 this but worth looking at:

Interesting read.

What is the significance of the Membership Numbers? What does Membership entitle you to?

I couldnt help but wonder why Leipzig have only 900 odd but 38000 fans. You would think maybe they would have around 20-25000 members

Sure they came back from 0-2 and lost with a last minute goal recently too.

They've been an absolute shambles, at least their fans won't have to suffer a doing from Bremen in the playoff.

That might have been the same one and I've slightly misremembered, but it's just as likely to have been a separate calamity.

Bremen would definitely have slaughtered them over two legs, but just shows they couldn't even use that as motivation; to gain promotion by taking down their biggest traditional rivals.

That might have been the same one and I've slightly misremembered, but it's just as likely to have been a separate calamity.

Bremen would definitely have slaughtered them over two legs, but just shows they couldn't even use that as motivation; to gain promotion by taking down their biggest traditional rivals.
It was the Holstein Kiel game I was thinking about right after losing to Stuttgart.

It was 3-3, Holstein equalised in the 95th minute.

Interesting read.

What is the significance of the Membership Numbers? What does Membership entitle you to?

I couldnt help but wonder why Leipzig have only 900 odd but 38000 fans. You would think maybe they would have around 20-25000 members

Well it gets you a vote for starters for President and at some Clubs you can't buy a season ticket without being a Member - Union Berlin are one (the BBC and British Journos never mention this when singing their praises non stop) and I think Eintracht Frankfurt are but think the latter give you a big discount for being a member. I always think being a member holds more power than being a season ticket at some Clubs, I go and watch Rostock and for certain away matches the key is being a member to get first go (although the fanscene/Ultras get a good chop of the allocation first). It varies in price at Club to Club - Wolfsburg is 30 euros I think whereas some are over 100 euros (every 12 months). Red Bull obviously are not liked and that is enhanced because of how they do their membership - sure it is about a 1000 euros to be a member and still doesn't get you a vote (article is from 2016 but pretty sure nothing much has changed):

Well it gets you a vote for starters for President and at some Clubs you can't buy a season ticket without being a Member - Union Berlin are one (the BBC and British Journos never mention this when singing their praises non stop) and I think Eintracht Frankfurt are but think the latter give you a big discount for being a member. I always think being a member holds more power than being a season ticket at some Clubs, I go and watch Rostock and for certain away matches the key is being a member to get first go (although the fanscene/Ultras get a good chop of the allocation first). It varies in price at Club to Club - Wolfsburg is 30 euros I think whereas some are over 100 euros (every 12 months). Red Bull obviously are not liked and that is enhanced because of how they do their membership - sure it is about a 1000 euros to be a member and still doesn't get you a vote (article is from 2016 but pretty sure nothing much has changed):

Thanks for the info bud.

I knew Leipzig were hated right enough - 1000 quid for membership? no wonder the numbers are low, thats mental

Even the Fulham one was a shambles. IIRC it was 0-0 in Hamburg in the first leg then Hamburg were winning 1 nil at half time at Craven Cottage. Ended up losing 2-1.

Back