Hamilton Accies' kitman resigns amid pro-IRA social media post probe

jweebear

this should be on his record within the football community, he should be made to declare his support for terrorist organisations, like a Paedophile would have to declare his fondness for children. Should he apply for a job anywhere.

ScottXC

"I've had death threats" article has probably already been written and are just waiting a few hours before submitting it.
Great irony when the supporters of a Terrorist group, who provides death threats in the form of letter bombs amongst other things, go on to say they can't cope with death threats themselves.

Tarriers.

nemessis

He's got plenty of time now to have a long holidays with his heroes from across the water and it gets him out of Scotland as well.:))

The Record previously revealed the club had launched a probe into a post that read "Well done the RA" on Kevin McGroarty's Instagram

A Hamilton Accies kitman who shared an image supporting the IRA has stepped down from his role at the club.

The premiership side confirmed that Kevin McGroarty, who had only been the first-team kitman for a month, resigned.

It comes amid a club probe into a post on the 26-year-old's Instagram page, apparently in a pub, with the words "Venoms at the Dubliner, well done the RA."

“RA” is a shortened term for the IRA.

We previously revealed concerns from horrified fans who contacted the Daily Record after seeing the post on McGroarty’s account on Monday.

The issue was discussed by the Accies' board of directors on Tuesday morning who unanimously agreed to launch an investigation.

On Friday a spokesperson for Hamilton Accies said: "The club can confirm that Kevin McGroarty, a kit man at Hope Stadium, has resigned from his position".

Fans previously expressed their outrage at what they called "bigoted, hate-filled behaviour".

One said: “This has gone on social media and Hamilton Accies fan forums.

“We are disgusted that the club have employed someone like this, supporting the IRA and we have contacted the club to take action.”

Another lifelong supporter of the club said: “It doesn’t matter if he’s on holiday and got a bit drunk. The fans of the club and the management of this club will not tolerate this type of bigoted, hate-filled behaviour.

It has no place here. As a club, we’re the opposite of that.

“He can take his baggage elsewhere because this will not stand at this club.”

When contacted on Tuesday, McGroarty, told the Record: “I’ve not got time just now. Can I get back to you?”
Another Tim on dole.what a surprise enjoy your summer holidays lol

Barryhopez

Had he been sacked he would be getting what he deserved, stupid prick! But he resigned likely in a fake effort to show remorse........

ao2

Hopefully he will find future employment very difficult to come by, though I know a certain club that I wouldn't put it past to offer him a post once the dust has settled.

GodStruth

I'm guessing Hamilton gave him the choice, which is sad in itself

This type of ned and mindset have been almost normalised in Scotland these days

eyalluvitt

If someone at Glasgow University was killed or maimed by the recent parcel bomb, these people would glorify it and nothing would be done. They have normalised republican terrorism and the vast majority just accept it and are happy for them to win every hate filled trophy available. The fact so many Scots equate the OO as being as bad if not worse than the IRA shows the constant drip drip drip of our Espanyolisation has us all heading to hell in a handcart.

Alger

What ever happened to the School Teacher at Vale of Leven Academy Alexandria who had the Bobby Sands Mug and the Free Derry Christmas Card in staff room
Did the Education Authorities dismiss him
Tried to google the incident but can't find final outcome

imvaison

How many of these reptiles are there in the country? They all eventually “come out” at some point of course, they just can’t help it but there’s always another one to take it’s place.

aclark

This is actually a breath of fresh air. Obviously he was pushed before shoved which is good to see. Often this kind of thing is swept aside

Kaiser

The Record reports supporters were horrified to see this blatant support of a proscribed terrorist organisation.

Presumably the Records journalists are not so horrified when they report at the Chamber of Secrets?

bkkbear

Good.

What comes next though?

1. articles demanding pubs that play music for the ra be shut down.
2. He will be offered job at celtc

Oooh difficult :(

bpfurian

This scumbag should already have been lifted and charged for supporting IRA terrorism. Police Scotland failing in their duty, again.
No surprise really mate,in fact I'd be more surprised if they did their job to be honest.

BSPECIAL

He resigned?Why was this scummy tramp not sacked.He should not have been given the option to resign.Wonder where his next job will be?
Humza useless need a kitman? Two of a kind.

Stephen

Quite rightly employers can't just sack people - to do so would leave them open to claims for wrongful dismissal or procedures not being followed. Even for gross misconduct you are still allowed a hearing. I'd imagine Hamilton told him what their plans were and invited him to a meeting. Rather than have a termination on his employment record he's resigned. In his mind he'll still have the element of doubt that nothing has been proven. Pity Google searches last forever!

Blue Phoenix

Official Ticketer
Quite rightly employers can't just sack people - to do so would leave them open to claims for wrongful dismissal or procedures not being followed. Even for gross misconduct you are still allowed a hearing. I'd imagine Hamilton told him what their plans were and invited him to a meeting. Rather than have a termination on his employment record he's resigned. In his mind he'll still have the element of doubt that nothing has been proven. Pity Google searches last forever!
Could have booted him summarily. Less than two years so no claim for unfair dismissal.

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
What ever happened to the School Teacher at Vale of Leven Academy Alexandria who had the Bobby Sands Mug and the Free Derry Christmas Card in staff room
Did the Education Authorities dismiss him
Tried to google the incident but can't find final outcome
He was acquitted and is teaching in an non denominational school.

Yes. Unbelievable.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/60-000-were-singing-in-praise-of-the-ira-at-the-piggery-it-even-played-through-club-sound-system.45882/