Hamilton Accies launch probe after kitman's pro-IRA social media post

Bonnyloyal

2l8jkbc.jpg

SPL club Hamilton Accies have launched a probe after an image supporting the IRA appeared on their kitman’s social media account.

Kevin McGroarty has only been the first-team kitman for a month. Now he faces being sacked if the club concludes he was behind the Instagram post.

The photo showed drinks apparently in a pub with the words: “Venoms at the Dubliner, well done the RA.”

“RA” is a shortened term for the IRA.

The image appeared on McGroarty’s account on Monday. It was seen by horrified fans of the club, who contacted the Daily Record.

One said: “This has gone on social media and Hamilton Accies fan forums

“We are disgusted that the club have employed someone like this, supporting the IRA and we have contacted the club to take action.”

McGroarty, 26, is on holiday.

The issue was discussed by the Accies’ board of directors yesterday morning

They unanimously agreed to launch an investigation.

One lifelong fan of the club said: “It doesn’t matter if he’s on holiday and got a bit drunk. The fans of the club and the management of this club will not tolerate this type of bigoted, hate-filled behaviour.

“It has no place here. As a club, we’re the opposite of that.

“He can take his baggage elsewhere because this will not stand at this club.”

Accies chief executive Colin McDowall said: “The club’s policy is that any kind of hate crime or bigotry will not be tolerated.

“Every employee here has an obligation to conduct themselves in a proper fashion.”

We contacted McGroarty, who said: “I’ve not got time just now. Can I get back to you?”

What happened to their other Tim Kitman Danny Cunning?

Seems a trend.........

It consumes their everyday life, they try and progress in the world, get a decent wee job with a professional club yet their hatred shines through.

It’s indoctrinated into them from birth and fuelled by years of passing through bigot factories.

They just can’t help themselves

Surprised he didn't use the old "my phone was hacked" excuse.

Time for him to rub his two brain cells together and come up with that.

Scum

Was there not a post match interview there recently with some vile music on in the background.
I remember once we played them and some journo asked their kitman their team. He rhymed off the Lisbon Liars................Danny Cunning.

What a jolly craicster.

I remember once we played them and some journo asked their kitman their team. He rhymed off the Lisbon Liars................Danny Cunning.

What a jolly craicster.

Why would a journalist ask the kit man for the line up?!

A kit man at a top flight professional club giving that response tells you all you need to know.

Well, that and the kit man’s name of course.

Left his phone sitting, pal at the wind up, deny and deflect
He should be held liable. If he leaves his phone open like that (and we all know that wouldn’t be what’s really happened), with his social media accounts there to provide a platform for terrorism and is unwilling to name and shame the culprit or get to the bottom of who did it, then fuuck him. Bars and clubs also have cctv largely nowadays.

What does a kit man do?

Are they just washing and ironing the kit for the players and laying the strips out on match day?

You have got to love how that lot can’t help themselves. Whether it’s a SMP, media personality, journalist or a 26 year old (showbiz age) no mark kit man they always cut their own throats due to their inability to stop themselves posting sectarian/bigoted crap in social media.
It’s like Tim Kryptonite. Morons!

You have got to love how that lot can’t help themselves. Whether it’s a SMP, media personality, journalist or a 26 year old (showbiz age) no mark kit man they always cut their own throats due to their inability to stop themselves posting sectarian/bigoted crap in social media.
It’s like Tim Kryptonite. Morons!

See this filth kryptonite you speak of, how many have actually been jailed?

What a jolly craicster.
I know Danny Cunning bitter yes played a few games against him. Also know McGroarty's dad bit of a deviant ex pro player he was done with sexual misconduct whilst wait for it coach of i think mill united was a boys team in Hamilton.

They just cannot help themselves can they.

Seems like it, and for all their protestations, Accies seem to have a vein of rabid mentally challengeds within their club, going on observations on past incidents mentioned within this thread.

Their mentally challenged contingent obviously think their position is secure enough for them to do the occasional public GIRFUY from the filth's perspective.

Time for accies to prove they do not condone this pish and sack the arsehole.

What says valued regular poster Academical on this?

As soon as I seen the pic what a fucking mong.I never did understand how anybody born and bred in this country comes out with this crap.How can you support an organization that killed thousands of innocent people? Hate plastic paddies,if they love Ireland so much go fucking stay there.

I’m not sure I believe it.

A mentally challenged with laundry responsibilities!

Unless it’s a deliberate ploy so that opposition players stand-off Accies players.

Back