Hamilton Accies Statement.

ibroxbound

big difference just imagine they had three players with it just before a game with us, do you think that game would go ahead as others have?
I think there has been a mix up on my intentions here.
I'm with you on this one.
I was questioning the poster who wanted it sorted now before the scum became involved.

Krissie

It is a cluster %^*&.

To be fair to them, the government in Scotland have given the Scottish football authorities (a) clear enough guidance on what is required, and (b) note latitude than they perhaps deserved to recover and learn from mistakes. The response from the governing bodies has, so far, been as predictable as it is lamentable.
Shit will be hitting the fan pretty soon now.Hancock on the ropes this afternoon trying to justfy the testing chaos. Cases doubling every week, Back to square one but this time with an exhausted NHS. Football can only go on so long in these conditions.

wontoofree

We are in the final stages of our second wave in Melbourne of covid ,six weeks of total lockdown and curfew after eight pm I fear the worse for the uk and Scottish football I hope I’m wrong.
Interesting what you you say about lockdown because as also a follower of rugby league, I see large crowds there, and nowhere near social distancing. Is it the same for other sports ?

MightyGersLand!

Sporting integrity is totally out the window already.

It’s time they cancelled both cup competitions this year and try to get the league finished as fairly and as early as possible. Just rearrange the league fixtures and get the games played. If there’s time for a cup so be it, maybe the fans can attend by then and the clubs will make money.
Would be too sensible to play out the league then the Scottish Cup from start to finish at end of season.

nb89

Shit will be hitting the fan pretty soon now.Hancock on the ropes this afternoon trying to justfy the testing chaos. Cases doubling every week, Back to square one but this time with an exhausted NHS. Football can only go on so long in these conditions.
I might be missing something but going by today’s figures there’s only 6 people in intensive care in Scotland that have tested positive for Covid. I think there’s less than 100 in hospital with Covid that have tested positive. That doesn’t really paint the picture of an exhausted NHS. More people are being tested hence the increase in numbers but the majority of people aren’t showing symptoms. Every other country is managing to continue playing professional sports it shouldn’t be any different here.

It’s going to be here for a while, people need to learn to live with it.

theateam

From the club that championed how safe it would be to play there, with their covid gadget thingummy. So how the hell does their players catch it, if their supposed to stay in the hoose.

crookie_bear

The whole world is moving on sportswise, if we postpone games we will be a total laughing stock. Folk need to get a grip

Gordonek

In my opinion this season will be awarded* at some point as I don't think the SPFL will be able to complete a full season of games in the time. Hopefully I'm being too pessimistic

Krissie

I might be missing something but going by today’s figures there’s only 6 people in intensive care in Scotland that have tested positive for Covid. I think there’s less than 100 in hospital with Covid that have tested positive. That doesn’t really paint the picture of an exhausted NHS. More people are being tested hence the increase in numbers but the majority of people aren’t showing symptoms. Every other country is managing to continue playing professional sports it shouldn’t be any different here.

Maybe I should've added exhasuted from Round 1, not the current intake. I have a friend at Director level in a Scottish hospital who tells me NHS staff are knackered. No amount of wishful thinking is going to change that. As always, some will manage to kick and go again, others wont, especially if colleagues are sitting at home in self isolation waiting to be tested. If cases are doubling across UK every week, you dont need to be Einstein to know that means problems very soon.

Now and forever

I'll simplify it.
If you draw your 2nd game of the season after winning the first. Your win rate is 50%. If you win your next 98 games it's 99% win rate.
2.98 points per game v 2 points per game.
99/100 v 1/2.
More points.

However you wish to view it. We are ahead. :)
Yes, been agreed its not about win ratio's though rsther average points per game which we are ahead due to playing more games. Could change should they win their 2 games in hand but it's a silly debate.

JamesMcNaught

Hope this is right.Return of schools and some workers has inevitably led to a spike, but there’s no doubt been a relaxation of standards.

Cutty/Young

So means despite testing that these players played a game while they had the virus. Absolutely fine on Saturday and two days later they are positive, which means they already had the virus.

You can test positive,have another test and test negative, obviously now you can test negative and be positive three days later.

For those talking about calling leagues and awarding us the title, that's never going to happen with so few games played, In the worst case scenario if they cancelled the league it would be null and void, During WW2 Rangers were top of the league after 5 games and it was declared void with Falkirk in second place.

last minute signing

Hamilton's youth coach has a full time job elsewhere.
Given that he must have had contact with Covid positives, can he still attend his full time job?
This is a point that seems to be ignored. I know of an SPL level player who has already played against us this season that has a sideline in working with the public and continues to do so. How does this meet the requirements of a bio secure bubble?

How does it work with the lower leagues where the majority will work second jobs? How do lower league players play against full time professionals in the League Cup next month without breaching the bio secure bubble?

Whole thing is a nonsense.

Killie Bear

Serious question here, is there a certain amount of games that need to be played before calling the league is deemed ok?
The number of games played is not of any consequence. The only consideration is that the method used to determine the "winners" must result in the scum being awarded another tainted title

LOL 133

Ive been watching the numbers in hospital UK wide as I believe this is the most accurate and up to date way to judge the impact of the virus. Its now crept up above 800 from around 760 but at one point it was over 15,000. Considering this is for the whole of the UK its not that significant.

We built 10 emergency hospitals and they're all lying empty.

TNT

Official Ticketer
I think games are going to go ahead regardless of positives now. The league originally planned to make Aberdeen play with 8 cases. It was government intervention that stopped it.

St Mirren was a very unique situation with it being the full goalkeeping squad, so dispensation should have made here to cancel. More so as they should have played this match 5 weeks ago.

Why was 1 Aberdeen game postponed - but not the others (initially)? (We know the answer to that).

Why were 3(?) Celtic games postponed after the misbehaviour of 1 fringe player?

Why were St Mirren forced to play when 3 goalkeepers unavailable?

It is a horrible situation - but, yet again, the powers that be show themselves to be totally, utterly incompetent.

Even now, there is no criteria.

I always felt that prioritising the league to be finished last season should have been the main aim. It wasn't.

With the split, I felt that there was a bit of flexibility for this season. Could have had split after 2 rounds - depending on how clubs had been impacted. And either had 1 round post split (as just now) or home and away.

Both would mean less than 38 games - but, a bit of flexibility.

Last edited:

marmaladebear

Hey mate do yourself a favour take this conversation to PM, good to see your brave about your sexuality all the same.
Honestly don't know what your problem is. For some reason S n o w a
Hey mate do yourself a favour take this conversation to PM, good to see your brave about your sexuality all the same.
Don't know what your problem is. For some reason the snow flake term was defaulting to "hunks" when I posted, hence the second post when it still did it. Must be an FF thing, not allowed to use the sf term.

cambridgeblue

Question - do Hamilton and St Mirren perform their own tests or go external ?

And do Rangers do their tests internally ?

change consent