Hamilton Accies Statement.

The people of this country are led by corrupt wonkers
They’ve set the precedent and created an absolute failure of a league
I know that. What I'm asking is why the hell are people talking about having the league stopped. There's absolutely no reason for it.

Have a look at the revised figures for scotland on the covid thread. Whole things a shambles.

The biggest lesson from this and St Mirren are that all Rangers players should be under strict instructions. No going to restaurants. Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the training centre.

And more than that arrangements should be made to ensure the players close family members (those who they share a house with) are able to operate in the same bubble.

I know it might seem draconian. But it's the way it needs to be.

This will continue to happen at the smaller clubs. There players are not on great money and will not make the same sacrifices to their lives that players at us and them will. They will be going out for dinner and bars etc. Which isn’t breaking any rules right now but even being their increases your risk . Players at thee clubs will not accept the training -game -home repeat schedule that us and them are doing
It’s as likely to be people’s kids coming back from nursery or school hoaching of viruses.

I think the claim that the players at lower down clubs in the league aren’t as dedicated is condescending and inaccurate. Looks at Doc when he came from Hamilton to Rangers and compare to some of the shambles we’ve seen in the Rangers first team over the years.

Goodness me. This thing seems to have got a hold of everyone big time in this country.

Games are being played all over Europe and crowds are getting back, meanwhile we in the uk are still running scared.

Players have tested positive in other countries, are they discussing their leagues getting stopped? Poland even allowed some away fans at the weekend.

What's happened to the people in this country?
hunks mate, hunks. It's now the number one excuse for individuals, companies and every other organisation to not do something they no longer fancy doing.

Sorry mate just mean if it happens to us or them then I think the games will be cancelled. Whole thing is just a mess and only going to get worse

It is a cluster %^*&.

To be fair to them, the government in Scotland have given the Scottish football authorities (a) clear enough guidance on what is required, and (b) note latitude than they perhaps deserved to recover and learn from mistakes. The response from the governing bodies has, so far, been as predictable as it is lamentable.

Even if they say “too bad Hamilton, games must go ahead!”, if we then got into situation where we were days away from playing the scum and they had 5 players test positive, there’s not a doubt in my mind they’d simply move the goalposts and change the approach so that it could be postponed and they could get off the hook.

There’s not a chance Liewell and co would simply agree to crack on like Hamilton etc, and not a chance his lapdogs at the SPFL would even risk upsetting him or his club.
That have this and the move the game for sky/ later crowds shit to fall back on also.

We are in the final stages of our second wave in Melbourne of covid ,six weeks of total lockdown and curfew after eight pm I fear the worse for the uk and Scottish football I hope I’m wrong.

How can this league season be taken seriously ?

We have had a team with no keepers forced to play and other teams players having to self isolate for 14 days while matches go on etc.

Its giving teams unfair advantages and it based on pure luck if you catch covid or not.

I'm probably in a minority here I wouldnt feel the same about beating Hibs if they have 6 players out isolating or if we draw with a team because our regular back four is out because of self isolation or false positives etc
Understand how you feel, but did any SPL opposition say the same for
4 league games in 8 days in 2008?

hunks mate, hunks. It's now the number one excuse for individuals, companies and every other organisation to not do something they no longer fancy doing.

Hey mate do yourself a favour take this conversation to PM, good to see your brave about your sexuality all the same.

big difference just imagine they had three players with it just before a game with us, do you think that game would go ahead as others have?
I think there has been a mix up on my intentions here.
I'm with you on this one.
I was questioning the poster who wanted it sorted now before the scum became involved.

It is a cluster %^*&.

To be fair to them, the government in Scotland have given the Scottish football authorities (a) clear enough guidance on what is required, and (b) note latitude than they perhaps deserved to recover and learn from mistakes. The response from the governing bodies has, so far, been as predictable as it is lamentable.
Shit will be hitting the fan pretty soon now.Hancock on the ropes this afternoon trying to justfy the testing chaos. Cases doubling every week, Back to square one but this time with an exhausted NHS. Football can only go on so long in these conditions.

When is testing done? Do Hamilton get tested again before the weekends game?

We are in the final stages of our second wave in Melbourne of covid ,six weeks of total lockdown and curfew after eight pm I fear the worse for the uk and Scottish football I hope I’m wrong.
Interesting what you you say about lockdown because as also a follower of rugby league, I see large crowds there, and nowhere near social distancing. Is it the same for other sports ?

Sporting integrity is totally out the window already.

It’s time they cancelled both cup competitions this year and try to get the league finished as fairly and as early as possible. Just rearrange the league fixtures and get the games played. If there’s time for a cup so be it, maybe the fans can attend by then and the clubs will make money.
Would be too sensible to play out the league then the Scottish Cup from start to finish at end of season.

Shit will be hitting the fan pretty soon now.Hancock on the ropes this afternoon trying to justfy the testing chaos. Cases doubling every week, Back to square one but this time with an exhausted NHS. Football can only go on so long in these conditions.
I might be missing something but going by today’s figures there’s only 6 people in intensive care in Scotland that have tested positive for Covid. I think there’s less than 100 in hospital with Covid that have tested positive. That doesn’t really paint the picture of an exhausted NHS. More people are being tested hence the increase in numbers but the majority of people aren’t showing symptoms. Every other country is managing to continue playing professional sports it shouldn’t be any different here.

It’s going to be here for a while, people need to learn to live with it.

From the club that championed how safe it would be to play there, with their covid gadget thingummy. So how the hell does their players catch it, if their supposed to stay in the hoose.

The whole world is moving on sportswise, if we postpone games we will be a total laughing stock. Folk need to get a grip

In my opinion this season will be awarded* at some point as I don't think the SPFL will be able to complete a full season of games in the time. Hopefully I'm being too pessimistic

I might be missing something but going by today’s figures there’s only 6 people in intensive care in Scotland that have tested positive for Covid. I think there’s less than 100 in hospital with Covid that have tested positive. That doesn’t really paint the picture of an exhausted NHS. More people are being tested hence the increase in numbers but the majority of people aren’t showing symptoms. Every other country is managing to continue playing professional sports it shouldn’t be any different here.

Maybe I should've added exhasuted from Round 1, not the current intake. I have a friend at Director level in a Scottish hospital who tells me NHS staff are knackered. No amount of wishful thinking is going to change that. As always, some will manage to kick and go again, others wont, especially if colleagues are sitting at home in self isolation waiting to be tested. If cases are doubling across UK every week, you dont need to be Einstein to know that means problems very soon.

I'll simplify it.
If you draw your 2nd game of the season after winning the first. Your win rate is 50%. If you win your next 98 games it's 99% win rate.
2.98 points per game v 2 points per game.
99/100 v 1/2.
More points.

However you wish to view it. We are ahead. :)
Yes, been agreed its not about win ratio's though rsther average points per game which we are ahead due to playing more games. Could change should they win their 2 games in hand but it's a silly debate.

Hope this is right.Return of schools and some workers has inevitably led to a spike, but there’s no doubt been a relaxation of standards.

So means despite testing that these players played a game while they had the virus. Absolutely fine on Saturday and two days later they are positive, which means they already had the virus.

You can test positive,have another test and test negative, obviously now you can test negative and be positive three days later.

For those talking about calling leagues and awarding us the title, that's never going to happen with so few games played, In the worst case scenario if they cancelled the league it would be null and void, During WW2 Rangers were top of the league after 5 games and it was declared void with Falkirk in second place.

Hamilton's youth coach has a full time job elsewhere.
Given that he must have had contact with Covid positives, can he still attend his full time job?

This is a point that seems to be ignored. I know of an SPL level player who has already played against us this season that has a sideline in working with the public and continues to do so. How does this meet the requirements of a bio secure bubble?

How does it work with the lower leagues where the majority will work second jobs? How do lower league players play against full time professionals in the League Cup next month without breaching the bio secure bubble?

Whole thing is a nonsense.

Back