Hamilton Finally Relegated

I don't have any ill feelings towards the Club itself apart from a couple of issues. Their Chairman Les Gray I believe was got at and acted in Celtic's interest in their quest to punish and demote us. Their plastic pitch is one less to worry about with our players getting injured.

Oh and for the arsehole Accies fan who spouted venom against us with "Scottish Football doesn't need them", "Tax cheats", blah, blah, blah coming off the Renfrew Ferry one day back then in his 1 minute moment of fame, Get it right fùcking up you! :shh:B-)

I said the same on another thread.

Amazed so many in here seem to have already forgotten the backstabbing from Dundee last year and how they lied to help the SPFL and Celtic.
I'd much rather put up with a plastic pitch for another year than those liars end up in the top league.
Not for me.
I detest the surface at Killie.

I do wish it was Killie that had went straight down instead of Hamilton. Brian Rice always complimentary towards us as well so do feel for them a bit. Kilmarnock I think will escape and Ross County will go into the playoff.

Hey, they might beat Killie 9-0. Nobody's down yet.
I seem to remember Hamilton years ago in the championship had a situation where a 9 goal swing would see them promoted and they ended up winning 9-1. I could be wrong about that but I think even Jeff Stelling was bringing it up on soccer Saturday at the time.

We don’t have a great recent history with killie either.

Cutting the away allocation by half for starters. Bastards.

Really don't want Dundee up, but if that means no more plastic pitches, I can stomach it

It's been a minor miracle for Hamilton to stay up this long considering the teams that went down before them so credit to the clubs hierarchy and coaching staff over the seasons.

But having one less plastic pitch nonsense next season is a bonus for us. I hope Killie go down next.

I said the same on another thread.

Amazed so many in here seem to have already forgotten the backstabbing from Dundee last year and how they lied to help the SPFL and Celtic.
I'd much rather put up with a plastic pitch for another year than those liars end up in the top league.

People on here hold the pettiest of grudges at times so I’m shocked at folk actually wanting Dundee to come up after their scumbag behaviour and giving Celtic a reach around last season.

Dont mind Hamilton would rather have seen Killie go down in all honestly although 1 less plastic pitch is a bonus.

Hope we are keeping tabs on the young lad Jamie Hamilton. Looks a good prospect.

What do you make of him academical?

As a club, I have more respect for Hamilton than any other club in Scotland.

They have a decent management and try to play football to the best of their ability, I would have them in the league before anyone else.

Like everyone else, the chain hops off at that pitch, plastic pitches have caused us too many injuries and they should be banned from the top league, no two ways about it.

I was there. It was the last game of our last season in the Championship, 2014

Goal difference was irrelevant, we needed Dundee to drop points. They didn’t.

... but then we beat Hibs in the play off.
Commiserations on the relegation Academical

Whats the opinion on it being a well run club as some have said mate ? The old giving the Nigerian Prince a reputed £1million over the phone gives me some reservations and i recall something about a spat with SLC over office space costing them a few quid.

A tough gig for sure running the club , certainly at Premier league level

I have no ill will towards Hamilton, but I'm glad to see the back of a platsic pitch out of what is supposed to be the elite level of the sport in this country.

On that note, at the end of the season, if Kilmarnock also go down, I feel that there might be an opportunity for the SPL to implement rules that make proper grass pitches mandatory at the top level of the game in Scotland. That would force clubs to invest in this area, and if it meant that they had to spend slightly less on player's wages, then so be it. This rasied standard would benefit everyone -- players (of all clubs that would visit that ground) and fans.

Last edited:
Back