Hamilton game is massive. What's your team?

Cooperfan

Based on last night McCrorie and Jack earned a place. Coulibaly should be out but probably won't be.

I'll be honest, no one seems to want to play. IMO we are a bad result against Hamilton away from a full blown crisis for the season.

I believe it's time for a rethink. Our wingers have offered nothing recently. I think we should go for a 3-5-2. Pointless crosses can still be achieved by our wing backs if we need them. At least this time one of the two strikers might get on the end of it. Sick of high balls to (within 20 yards of) the relatively diminutive Morelos.

McGregor
Goldson Worrall Katic
McCrorie
Tav Jack Arfield Barisic
Morelos Lafferty

Assuming Arfield and Morelos are back from suspension. I would play a more attacking midfielder but we don't have any.

No point having Morelos completely isolated yet again.

Bench: Fod, MacAuley, Halliday, Rossiter, Candeias, Middleton/Grezda, Dallas.

3 central defenders against a team who will play an isolated 1 up top would be madness. Gives up our wide overload to have an extra man at the back. Arfield is critical in playing close to Morelos on Sunday. I’d also like to see Tav coming inside more often and driving into the midfield, we need more of a threat through the central areas even if it is just to create more space wide.

My team would be:

Mcgregor
Tav McCrorie Goldson Barisic
Jack
Arfield Rossiter
Candeias Lafferty Grezda

I know most wont agree but o think it’s time we see big Ross back in the position he grew up playing. All the attributes to be a top centre half and he would massively improve our distribution from the back.

Edit - forgot Morelos suspension

Last edited:
Based on last night McCrorie and Jack earned a place. Coulibaly should be out but probably won't be.

I'll be honest, no one seems to want to play. IMO we are a bad result against Hamilton away from a full blown crisis for the season.

I believe it's time for a rethink. Our wingers have offered nothing recently. I think we should go for a 3-5-2. Pointless crosses can still be achieved by our wing backs if we need them. At least this time one of the two strikers might get on the end of it. Sick of high balls to (within 20 yards of) the relatively diminutive Morelos.

McGregor
Goldson Worrall Katic
McCrorie
Tav Jack Arfield Barisic
Morelos Lafferty

Assuming Arfield and Morelos are back from suspension. I would play a more attacking midfielder but we don't have any.

Morelos is still suspended

We need to win

The crowd will be down, the team deflated and we’re struggling for personal, I’d give all loan players a rest and get our own lads in.

McGregor
Tav
barasic
Goldson
Katic

Jack
Halliday
Arfield

Grezda
Lafferty
Candeias

Subs

McCrorie
McCrorie
Macaulay
Dallas
Kelly
Flannagan

We need to win

The crowd will be down, the team deflated and we’re struggling for personal, I’d give all loan players a rest and get our own lads in.

McGregor
Tav
barasic
Goldson
Katic

Jack
Halliday
Arfield

Grezda
Lafferty
Candeias

Subs

McCrorie
McCrorie
Macaulay
Dallas
Kelly
Flannagan

Think I’d have same back 5 as you.

Ross mc for halliday.

Middleton, couli & rossiter on bench

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Arfield Jack Halliday
Candeias Lafferty Grezda
Unsure if Morelos is suspended for Hamilton or Hibs midweek?

McGregor
Arfield Jack Halliday
Candeias Lafferty Grezda
Unsure if Morelos is suspended for Hamilton or Hibs midweek?

Morelos is suspended for Hamilton.

This would be my team, or even throw Dallas in for Haliday and go 4-4-2. Just try something different and not our usual - side pass, side pass, out to wing, cross , repeat

It’s time for us to look at next year while remaining competitive. The back 5 for me picks itself. Katic is a very similar head it and clear it defender like McAuley. He isn’t great in the ball like McAuley. He is however years his junior and for me I would be telling that back 5 to get used to each other as that’s it for the season baring injuries.

McGregor
Tav-Goldson-Katic-Barisic

The midfield obviously brings Arfield in but the other places less clear. I’d probably go;

McCrorie
Jack-Arfield

And up top its time to get grezda wide left alongside barisic. That’s where he played and impressed fro Osijek and as much as Kent has impressed grezda is our player and we need to develop him.

Kent-Lafferty-Grezda

I would play a 4-3-3 but give Kent license to roam. And play as a floating 10 in from the right side.

It’s not perfect but I think it’s the most square pegs in square holes we have.

It’s time for us to look at next year while remaining competitive. The back 5 for me picks itself. Katic is a very similar head it and clear it defender like McAuley. He isn’t great in the ball like McAuley. He is however years his junior and for me I would be telling that back 5 to get used to each other as that’s it for the season baring injuries.

McGregor
Tav-Goldson-Katic-Barisic

The midfield obviously brings Arfield in but the other places less clear. I’d probably go;

McCrorie
Jack-Arfield

And up top its time to get grezda wide left alongside barisic. That’s where he played and impressed fro Osijek and as much as Kent has impressed grezda is our player and we need to develop him.

Kent-Lafferty-Grezda

I would play a 4-3-3 but give Kent license to roam. And play as a floating 10 in from the right side.

It’s not perfect but I think it’s the most square pegs in square holes we have.

Kent is out for a few weeks anyway mate

Edit: misread

McGregor
McCrorie Jack
Candeias Arfield Grezda
Lafferty
Would agree with this. We could really be doing with giving Grezda a run of games to get him up to speed. With Kent out, we really need this guy to be firing. Middleton could also do with a rest from the first team as well i think.

Would like to see Rossiter getting more game time, toss up between him and McCrorie for me.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

McCrorie
Jack

Candeias
Arfield
Grezda

Lafferty

dont think it matters to be honest, the lack of any creative or combative midfield outlet combined with shipping stupid goals will result in a poor performance, crowd on their backs and the inevitable result, only until we bring in some quality in January do i see us turning the form around

I'd go

McGregor
Tav Goldson katic Barasic
Arfield Jack Halliday
Candieas Lafferty Grezda

Might be harsh on Mcrorie but halliday gives us more balance.

We need to win

McGregor
Tav
barasic
Goldson
Katic

Jack
Halliday
Arfield

Grezda
Lafferty
Candeias

Subs

McCrorie
McCrorie
Macaulay
Dallas
Kelly
Flannagan
Exactly this but Fvck me that bench looks poor o_O

McGregor
Goldson Worrall Katic
McCrorie
Tav Jack Arfield Barisic
Morelos Lafferty

So far this has been "Disastrous December" - beaten by ten sheep - held to a draw by ten men at the bottom of the league - out of Europe. This is a must win game at the weekend, if we can't beat Hamilton how can we expect to compete against the scum on the 29th. I'm still positive for the rest of the season but we must get a grip and soon, starting Saturday.

Mcgregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barasic
McCrorie Arfield Jack
Candeias *Morelos Grezda

From Sunday through to the winter break please.

*Lafferty Sunday with the suspension but back and settled. After.

Folk naming two and three dms in a team for a game v Hamilton.

%^*& sake
We have a lopsided squad, where the majority of our midfielders are defensive. Unfortunately it doesn't leave a lot of options when it comes to naming a more attacking team.

Formations and players shouldnt matter as much as we make out on here, we need to start pressing higher up the park, we need to start upping our tempo, get the ball moving quicker, we also need better movement off the ball and most 8mportantly, us in the stands need to be more vocal in SUPPORT of the team!

McGregor
Goldson Worrall Katic
McCrorie
Tav Jack Arfield Barisic
Morelos Lafferty

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Rossiter Arfield
Candieas Morelos Grezda

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack
Rossiter Arfield
Candeias Lafferty Grezda
A team of players that belong to Rangers.

Has there ever been a game that’s not been labelled “massive” on here?

If we are challengers for the league then Hamilton at home should be a routine win. If we’re making this game out to be do or die then we’re clearly not winning the league this season.

Think we need to go out with more attacking team, no 2 sitting midfielders.

McGregor
Goldson McCrorie McAuley
Tav Barasic
Jack
Arfield Candeias (Grezda)
Middleton
Lafferty

3-5-2

Tav and Barasic bombing and creating width.
McCrorie to step out and create extra midfielder and have Goldson and McAuley picking up their lone striker. McCrorie then can take any runners coming from midfield.

No wide men as I feel Tav and Barasic get up enough and if someone out there along with them it takes up space they can get into.

Jack controlling play and getting ball wide.

Candeias and Arfield as well as Middleton creating space when on ball - Middleton especially effectively roaming and ghosting into spaces.

Lafferty up front.

Key here is when ball is wide getting runners into box to create overload. If not, ball must get up to Lafferty to hold in and draw tackles/turn their defenders.

Before anyone says it - NOT straight out of Football Manager LOL

McGregor
Goldson Worrall Katic
McCrorie
Tav Jack Arfield Barisic
Morelos Lafferty

Deffo agree with 2 up top.

Time for a settled team for me.

McGregor

Jack Arfield McCrorie

Candeias Morelos Grezda

When fit, Kent can come in to that side for Grezda wide or even Mccrorie to give us more through the middle in home games v packed defences.

The rotation needs to settle down. Reliance on loan players needs to be at a minimum. If Davis was to join in Jan, then him alongside Jack and Arfield.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
McAuley
Barisic

Arfield
McCrorie
Grezda

Candeias
Lafferty
Middleton

Has there ever been a game that’s not been labelled “massive” on here?

If we are challengers for the league then Hamilton at home should be a routine win. If we’re making this game out to be do or die then we’re clearly not winning the league this season.
Every game now appears to be massive.

PS would this not be an ideal game for Katic to be recalled.

McGregor
McCrorie Rossiter Jack
Candeias Lafferty Grezda

Arfield is still suspended I think, if he's not I'd put him in midfield in a more attacking sense.

Our midfield is the problem, we have too man players of a similar defensive mould and very little attacking sense from them, Arfield is probably the most attacking.

McGregor
McCrorie Rossiter Jack
Candeias Lafferty Grezda

Arfield is still suspended I think, if he's not I'd put him in midfield in a more attacking sense.

Our midfield is the problem, we have too man players of a similar defensive mould and very little attacking sense from them, Arfield is probably the most attacking.
No place for Andy then ? Disapointing :(

Back