Match Thread Hamilton v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
KXYSNeG.png

Looking forward to this today. Was up at 7.30am, and in the pub by 8am for a few pre match bevvies. Probably fall asleep on the couch before it starts at 1.15pm local. On local Croat tv live here today!

Who goes to the boozer at 8am ?‍♂️

Hopefully not just long balls played forward today. Two wingers going at them, better service and one twos around the box will see Defoe bag a hat trick today.

Thinking we should be starting with same outfield line up as cup game with Lafferty in for Morelos.

I never realised we have only won 24 out of 46 games this season.
Obviously Europe affects it significantly, but it is a pretty terrible win ratio.

Whatever team is picked today, it can't be Defoe as a lone striker.

Start Lafferty and play our usual formation.

we need to find an alternative to our usual formation - if we should have learned anything this season its that against teams who sit in and try to frustrate us the 4-3-3 often doesn't work.

We need to be able to adapt.

we need to find an alternative to our usual formation - if we should have learned anything this season its that against teams who sit in and try to frustrate us the 4-3-3 often doesn't work.

We need to be able to adapt.

If need be we can bring Defoe off the bench and play 2 up top.

We're at our best in a 4-3-3 imo.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Another awful plastic pitch to overcome, I'm sick of them.

Hope to see the team turn on the style and get a comfortable victory.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

After Wednesdays result we've got to kick on. If we play as we can play we'll batter them. Going 3-1 the Sons of William. C'MON THE RANGERS! ! !

Lafferty and Defoe up top, please.

Shagger
Tav Goldson Worrall Barisic
Candeias Jack Kamara Kent
Lafferty Defoe

Can't see Gerrard going with only 2 midfielders and 2 attacking full backs mate, as he likes to control the game.

Wednesday night's midfield 3 worked really well and if fit, I'd expect them all to start.

Lafferty or Defoe starting is the biggest question for me.

If need be we can bring Defoe off the bench and play 2 up top.

We're at our best in a 4-3-3 imo.

agreed we have played our best in a 4-3-3. however, we have also played our worst.

It's one of those weird things that we would probably be in a better position if we played against the "better" teams all the time.

Its the shitey wee teams that are causing us issues.

Can't see Gerrard going with only 2 midfielders and 2 attacking full backs mate, as he likes to control the game.

Wednesday night's midfield 3 worked really well and if fit, I'd expect them all to start.

Lafferty or Defoe starting is the biggest question for me.

I agree.

Same team as Wednesday with McGregor in for Wes and I think Lafferty deserves a chance, so him in for Morelos.

I agree.

Same team as Wednesday with McGregor in for Wes and I think Lafferty deserves a chance, so him in for Morelos.

Looking for a better outcome than Newlandsfield yesterday mate lol.

Defoe will start, it’s all about our attacking players creating chances. He got absolutely no service last week, yet we were far more creative in midweek. If we keep those levels up Defoe will score today, no problem

Defoe will start, it’s all about our attacking players creating chances. He got absolutely no service last week, yet we were far more creative in midweek. If we keep those levels up Defoe will score today, no problem

I Candeias had put in the quality of balls against St.J like he did against Killie we would have won easily.

like others above if we stick to 433 then we have to go with Lafferty. Defoe can only start if we decideon a 442 formation of some sort. Another clean sheet today I think with us netting at least a couple. Most importantly we need to keep a high tempo and score early

Only an hour to KO and no team news yet . Seems that wee spate of leaked teams has stopped .

Any win today will do and no injuries on that plastic carpet.I'd like to see J.D and K.L start together in a 442 formation.

I don't think it's as simple as that - Defoe can't really hold the ball up, whereas Morelos is far more aggressive and suited to playing up front on his own.
I think if Defoe starts and we draw, Gerrard can't just blame the midfield.
He has to look at his tactics and formation as well.

3 points please Rangers. And a barrow load of goals would be nice as well. Let’s do it !!

Back