Match Thread Hamilton v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Good solid win for us today. All the work was done in the first half and although I thought we took the foot off the gas a little in the 2nd half, no sense going hell for leather and risking injury on the artificial pitch.

All in all a good days work. Could easily have been 7, if Defoe had lobbed the keeper rather than go for power with the early chance, and Candeias had been a wee bit sharper and toe poked the chance in the 2nd half. Hell, it could even have been 9 if the ref was up for the two handballs in the box, but i wont be greedy, i'm pleased with 5-0

MOTM? Take your pick from Tav, Jack or Kent (although he was subbed a bit early he had a great 1st half)

First of all condolences on your loss mate.I cannot imagine what you and your family are going through just now.
I must admit I was a bit surprised to read your post as the commentator said the tribute was for a young Accies supporter.
I’d try not to get too upset as the most important thing is the tribute to your son was impeccably observed by both sets of fans.
Ben would have been proud...keep your chin up mate.Your family need you more than ever.

Thank you mate. The commentator to be fair has probably just assumed that, given Accies were at home and given the content of the match programme. I’ll try not to let it get me too upset.

Last edited:
Just in from work- delighted with that result. Think the boys had a point to prove with all the talk of us being a one man team. I do still think we are over reliant on Morelos generally and Hamilton must be on the worst run of form in the league right now but delighted that we took full advantage. This had the potential to be a Dundee away type performance but we seem to have blown them away

The silence was in tribute to my Son Ben mate. I didn’t ask for it, I was asked my thoughts on the matter just after my Son’s funeral and I gave it my blessing (the proposed minute’s silence) at the time. Unfortunately though Hamilton Accies and several others changed their mind at the beginning of last week and they tried to bully me into accepting a minute’s applause instead. They had gone as far as to state that in today’s matchday programme. I stuck to my guns and told them it was a silence or nothing and they eventually caved on that matter yesterday. I also told them I was unhappy that the matchday programme stated Ben loved ‘Hamilton and Glasgow Rangers’. Ben was a Rangers supporter and a supporter of the Scotland national team. Literally the only connection he had with Hamilton Accies is that he stayed in the local area. It might seem a trivial point to some but the true facts of my Son’s life are important to me. Despite me having documented evidence that I told them before today to eipther change the article or withdraw the distribution of the programme they went ahead and sold it unaltered anyway. A hospitality ticket that I had been offered weeks ago was withdrawn but offered again ‘so long as I drop my objections to the programme being distributed unaltered’. I told the person who made that attempt to blackmail me to shove their hospitality ticket up their arse, got another ticket for the away stand and attended the match with my mates from my Supporter’s Bus instead. I am distraught about being treated in such a callous way by them over this. They have caused a tremendous amount of distress to me over the matter. I want to take it further but I have no clue where to begin. I need the stress of dealing with this like I need a hole in the head right now. All I want is peace t o grieve for my Son but I’m not letting this go.
Sorry for your loss my friend.
Hamilton have let them selves down badly by disreguarding your wishes when your grieving for your son.
Shame on them.

The silence was in tribute to my Son Ben mate.
Regarding the minute’s silent reflection before today’s match between Hamilton Accies and Rangers for my late Son Ben, I would like to clarify a few things. First of all I didn’t ask for it to take place, I was asked my thoughts on the matter by a third party who had been approached by another third party just after my Son’s funeral and after some thought I gave it my blessing (the proposed minute’s silence) at the time. Unfortunately though it was conveyed to me at the beginning of last week that Hamilton Accies and others had changed their mind and there were attempts to try to in effect bully me into accepting a minute’s applause instead. This had actually gone as far as to state that a minute’s applause would take place in today’s matchday programme. I stuck to my guns and told them it was a silence or nothing as I felt it was in bad taste to ask me to stand and applaud the passing of my 10 year Son. In my opinion it’s not about ‘celebrating someone’s life’, it is about appeasing people who can’t act in a decent and dignified manner for a minute of their lives. That’s been my view on this subject for years. Anyway, they eventually caved on that matter yesterday for reasons that will become clear below and the silence was immaculately observed today which I was very grateful for. I also told them I was unhappy that the matchday programme stated Ben loved ‘Hamilton and Glasgow Rangers’. Ben was a Rangers supporter and a supporter of the Scotland national team. Literally the only connection he had with Hamilton Accies is that he stayed in the local area. It might seem a trivial point to some but the true facts of my Son’s life are important to me. Despite me having documented evidence that I told them before today to either change the article (including the reference to the applause) or withdraw the distribution of the programme they went ahead and sold it unaltered anyway! A hospitality ticket that I had been offered weeks ago was withdrawn yesterday morning but offered immediately back to me again ‘so long as I drop my objections to the programme being distributed unaltered’. I told the people who made that blatant attempt to blackmail me to shove their hospitality ticket where the sun doesn’t shine, took the ticket for the away stand I purchased weeks ago back and attended the match with my mates from my Blantyre Supporter’s Bus instead. I am distraught about being treated in such a callous way by the individuals involved over this. They have caused a tremendous amount of personal distress to me over the matter. I will be taking it further as I consider this a libellous matter now. I need the stress of dealing with this like I need a hole in the head right now. All I want is peace to grieve for my Son but I’m not going to let this go.

sorry for your loss and shame on Hamilton for the way they have treated you but credit to fans of both clubs yesterday for the impeccable silence and hope it brought some comfort to you at what must be a completely horrendous time.

sorry for your loss and shame on Hamilton for the way they have treated you but credit to fans of both clubs yesterday for the impeccable silence and hope it brought some comfort to you at what must be a completely horrendous time.

It did bring some comfort to me mate.

Back