Match Thread Hamilton v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Main thing is 3 points. Would like to see a good performance also to keep confidence sky high and the feelgood factor going.

It was effectively a must-win before today. Given the results today, and the way the season is shaping up with the challenging teams not dropping many points against the bottom 6, it is absolutely must-win now.

Really hope Gerrard sets us up the way we play at Ibrox and doesn't overthink it. Need a big win here and to get this away win monkey off our backs.

Last edited:
3 points is a must and we should get them. Thought there were signs in the Hearts game of us really starting to click, with some nice quick one touch play and excellent movement. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off before the break. 3-0 to the famous.

Didn't get a ticket so watching from home unfortunately, now just absolutely buzzing to watch the rangers again even if on TV. 7-1

I was extremely optimistic that we would flatten Livingston and the opposite occurred. Then we have great results against Rapid and Hearts, but our away form is of concern and there is no getting away from it. It's a wait and see situation and all because it is a plastic pitch. We lost Waghorn at Killie on a plastic pitch. We lost Murphy at Killie on the same pitch. Playing on a plastic surface obviously affects the players. So, I haven't a clue what will happen today. Either it is a close call or we run up six against them.

Maybe, but the stats suggest otherwise. Long time since Rangers won away. Also very long time since we drew a league game, and that run has to end.

Martin Canning will expect a reaction from his players after the Hibs debacle, and I think he'll get it. I think MacKinnon (our captain) and Miller (our top scorer) are available again. Barasic, Arfield and Lafferty missing won't help you, plus you've got a midweek European game to think about.

Is it true Flanagan can't/won't play on an artificial surface? Ours is the best in the league, but I anticipate the usual complaints - especially if we get a result.

I admire your optimism and will hold my hands up if wrong but I don’t think our away form comes into it today.

I think regardless of who we have available this will be a comfortable victory, much worse Rangers sides have went to Hamilton and won comprehensively.

Rangers 4 Hamilton 1 is my prediction.

Maybe, but the stats suggest otherwise. Long time since Rangers won away. Also very long time since we drew a league game, and that run has to end.

Martin Canning will expect a reaction from his players after the Hibs debacle, and I think he'll get it. I think MacKinnon (our captain) and Miller (our top scorer) are available again. Barasic, Arfield and Lafferty missing won't help you, plus you've got a midweek European game to think about.

Is it true Flanagan can't/won't play on an artificial surface? Ours is the best in the league, but I anticipate the usual complaints - especially if we get a result.
Wasn't aware of any issue about Flanagan but he didn’t play at Rugby Park or at Livi so maybe there’s something in that. Would seem strange to have two of our defenders with that same issue.
Find out at 1230 if he’s in the line up or if Andy Halliday starts at lb instead.
You’re still getting beat :p

6-1 Rangers. Got this score in my head for some bazaar reason.

giphy.gif

I'm generally a pessimist.

When people were taking the Livingston game for granted I had a nagging doubt it was a potential banana skin.

However, I really can't see anything other than a comprehensive Rangers victory today. The players will be refreshed and reloaded after the International break and straining at the leash to get let loose today. We'll also have a point to prove because of all this away game chat.

I honestly think we'll make a statement and win by at least 4 goals today.

Pressure is on today to get this Away Day Hoodoo off our back and get 3 points on the board. We need to get up that table so there's no more room for slip ups, especially when the mentally challengeds win.

Kent, Morelos & Candeais should be well rested and ready to go so that gives me confidence. Need a big performance from whoever comes in for Arfield.

Start of important run of games for us where we should pick up a few points.
Its a must win for us today so one more than them would suffice for me although I think we will knock in 3 for no teoly

Would like to see Katic back, just feel he offers more of a goal threat at corners and think there’ll be a fair few today if Accies park the bus

Intersted to see if Grezda or Sadiq make an appearance today. Could do with having both as options.

If we don’t win this we can forget the title.

It would highlight some very severe mental boundaries away from home in domestic competition.

At Ibrox we'd be looking at 4 or 5 nil, but given our away form I'd be happy with a 1-0. Get the monkey off our back and kick on.

Back