Match Thread Hamilton v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Rossiter I can forgive, he has a had a terrible few years, and its a bit much asking him to step in and be brilliant

however it has been noticeable this season that in most away games, our midfield seems to disappear, it doesn't help that Coulabaly seems to have completely lost form..

still its 3 points, and thats what we needed today

Coulibaly was playing the Arfield role, trying to get close to Morelos and make runs off of him. Didn't work, I dont think getting ahead of the ball is his game at all. Therefore, we had no penetration at all. Might have been better trying Kent in that role and starting Gresda wide, but then you lose a bit of dig in the middle and Grezda may not be ready to start. Our team selection away from home still needs some work.

Think if we have the chance to sign Davis in the next window we must take it.too many young inexperienced players in midfield who are content to play safe passes when things are not going well.we need someone who can pick out forward passes in the middle imo.

He would have made the difference today in Arfield's position.

In the past two or three seasons we would have been back on the bus with one point. That's the difference this season.
Bring on the Russkies. :p

3 points. That's all that matters.

How we get them I don't know, how we get them I don't care.....all I know is we're on our way. ;)

Good season ahead.

My arse was making buttons. I could see it. Park the bus for 80 odd minutes then throw the kitchen sink at us, punt after punt.

Horrible, horrible pitch.

I hope we don't have too many injuries.

My arse was making buttons. I could see it. Park the bus for 80 odd minutes then throw the kitchen sink at us, punt after punt.

Horrible, horrible pitch.

I hope we don't have too many injuries.

Me too mate. 3 points in the bag.

Great goals tbh, Kents is sublime, Tav's two pens are top drawer and Alfie finishes off with a peach.

I'm taking that.

Not the prettiest 90 minutes and the most biased Bears would not have put any money on a 4 1 win with 15 minutes to go but that is the monkey off our back regarding our away form so we have got to be happy with that,

Before the match= 3 points is all that matters no matter how we win!

AFTER WINNING 4-1 away and getting 3 points...people moaning.

Only on FF :D:p

Does anyone actually think that ANY team plays well every game? Anyone?

Barca, Psg, Real, Bayern etc etc, they all have shitty games where the ball just doesn't go for them and they all have a 'mare on the same day. But they grind out wins.

To expect our team to play well every game is ridiculous regardless of the opponent.

To get wins and get points is the aim and they did that. They didn't give up. They didn't get their heads down.

A win is a win. If we'd been offered a 4-1 victory post match we would have taken it.

Fifth in the table, 2 points off second with the highest goal difference , cup semi final next week and Europa League game this week. Excuse me if I'm fucking happy with that after the shit show that has been the last few years.
That's a good post, mate. Clearly you and I are life-members of the glass half-full happy-clappy loyal. Not a bad club to belong to :cool:

Sure, 1-1 would have been a fair result - but only if you think football is played over 80 minutes. In the last 8 minutes we scored 3 goals and showed some terrific movement, vision and passing.

Even it out over the course of the game and we were decent and deserved the win.

As an aside...averages have their downside. Based on the law of averages a bloke who shags three moustachioed, whale-like munters on the trot and then manages to pull an extraordinary 'Ten' could be said to only pump 'average' burds...and that's what we did today.

44495344_1131349317046861_4424466671712862208_n.jpg

Wonder if they stayed until the end ?

Canning thinks the 1-4 score line isn't a true reflection of the game.

I wonder if he thinks four yellow cards for Hamilton, five for Rangers is a true reflection of the game.

I wonder if he thinks four yellow cards for Hamilton, five for Rangers is a true reflection of the game.
I'm not getting into arguments about fouls and bookings, but pretty much everyone agrees 4-1 wasn't a fair reflection. Steven Gerrard, for one.

The final score line wasn’t a true reflection of the game to be fair .

Think if we have the chance to sign Davis in the next window we must take it.too many young inexperienced players in midfield who are content to play safe passes when things are not going well.we need someone who can pick out forward passes in the middle imo.

i don't want any more 30+ year olds here for their last pay day

we HAVE to sign quality now

Yeah we need a guy willing to take a game by the scruff of the neck in the middle of the park. I don’t know if that would be Davis or not but we need a leader in there!

The quality of the penalties was exceptional? Really? Is that where we are now that we claim a penalty was exceptional? I despair.

Despair away Roland.
The quality of the penalties was exceptional? Really? Is that where we are now that we claim a penalty was exceptional? I despair.

You're perfectly entitled to despair, despair away. With about 8 mins to go and at 1-1 if Tav had missed that penalty I would've despaired. So, under pressure, the quality of that penalty was exceptional, as was his pen v Rapid under pressure.

Not a great performance but 3 points is what counts.

Hopefully we have Jack and Arfield back for Thursday. I also expect Worrall and Flanagan to come into the starting 11.

way past his prime

we've got a few veterans for experience we have quite a few young players

we now need out and out quality

preferably a beast of a CM who leads
I don't think so. we have youth and we need experience. Davis would be tore them to shreds today. He would cost nothing and be very valuable.

Signing Steven Davis would be a tremendous signing and just what we badly require

I think its a measure of how far we have come, a couple of years ago we would have settled for a draw and the fans, while being upset would have sort of accepted a 1-1 draw away..

now we are raging if we don't win and/or play well..

Been indisposed all day so haven’t watched it yet

But this was a game that a month ago we’d have seen end in a draw

Progress
By all accounts ugly but winning ugly is still winning - we’ve seen enough sexy football to tide us over a couple of scraped wins

progress - Something the yahoo fraternity stopped at making fire

First half performance was genuinely awful but Rossiter got 80 mins, I thought Halliday and Morelos were both decent and of course we got the win. The international break and playing on that pitch probably factor into how we played but clearly we will still have to massively improve our performances away from home if we are going to win the league.

Back