Match Thread ** Hamilton v Rangers - 14:15 Sunday 18th - Sky Sports **

Good to get the points. While docherty broke up play a little better second half I thought he had a poor game overall.

No interviews after game on sky bit of a fucking joke considering it's on 2 channels then the next thing is on 2 channels as well.

All in all glad to come away with 3 points and no injuries from what is a shocking pitch.

Some flashes of brilliance but some areas of concern too. Defence were shaking today but I don't think they had a lot of cover from the midfield. Need to be tighter in midfield against Hearts next weekend.

On that pitch - you take any win you can tbh. They had 2 shots at goal in the 1st half and scored with both so the score greatly flatters Hamilton - we played pretty well at times.

I am not sure if it was a coincidence or simply we took our foot off the gas but subbing 3 of our better players made us look pretty average again and gave Hamilton heart in that last 10 minutes ...

All the drama queens can get down to hamilton with their irons and straighten out that elephants arse of a park...glad we got away without serious injury today.

Good to get the points. While docherty broke up play a little better second half I thought he had a poor game overall.

This for me. Off the ball very good and as you say broke up play well and showed good energy.

However when in possession his decision making was poor and his passing was shocking. Still early days for the lad with us though and I'm not too concerned about it.

Happy we're now second, let's cement it and go on for the rest of the season starting with Hearts next week. Sheep will lie down against the mhanks and get their belly rubbed next weekend so lets keep the momentum going.

Murphy, Morelos and Windass all really good. Defence was shocking. Alves and Cardoso should be our first choice pairing.

Great result.

A few hiccups, all in all I am pleased with today.

The surface took the shine off our play, had it been grass I think we would have put 8 past them.

All the drama queens can get down to hamilton with their irons and straighten out that elephants arse of a park...glad we got away without serious injury today.
Correct, switched over to the spurs game and it’s obvious the ball is running true, bouncing normally, players running freely without fear of serious injury. That Hamilton pitch is a disgrace,

This for me. Off the ball very good and as you say broke up play well and showed good energy.

However when in possession his decision making was poor and his passing was shocking. Still early days for the lad with us though and I'm not too concerned about it.

Yes!

Shouldn't have gone sliding in in the first place. Stay on your feet and you don't give the dreadful officials a decision to make

If he had stood on his feet and the ball went past him some would have been saying he had to slide in and block it or make himself big ffs.

It was never a penalty and it wasn't Martin's fault it was given - he did what any decent defender would do in that situation.

No interviews after game on sky bit of a fucking joke considering it's on 2 channels then the next thing is on 2 channels as well.
Same here, i'm flicking through the channels trying to find rest of the show. This is not on Sky, poor poor show.

Back to 9 points the difference between us and the crash barriers who,incidentally are still 0-0 with Saints at breezeblock boulevard.A penalty is surely only moments away?

Sky's scheduling today makes the programme shorter any interviews will be on Sky Sports News

was the same with Norwich v Ipswich earlier

Brilliant to score 5 on that pitch. The pitch may also have been a factor but we had 4 major errors in that game, two of which directly cost goals. Docherty's fresh air kick, Martin's awful clearance, Fod's kick out straight to a Hamilton player and a horrible back pass from Murphy when in the Hamilton half. And remember McCrorie's back pass in the last Hamilton game at Ibrox which put them one up. Must stamp these out !

The Officials have a clear agenda against us, never a Penalty, Martin practically had his back to the ball when the shot came in. Another minor thing I noticed near the end of the first half, we had a free kick outside their box, Madden marked the line, it was never 10 yards, Windass actually stepped it out at 8 yards, he pointed this out to the ref , but as expected there was no response, while it ultimately never mattered, it’s a continual chip, chip against us.

Northampton loyalist will soon be on to argue that it was an absolute stonewaller.

Were we watching the same match, yes we won, yes we scored 5 goals, but the amount of slack and misplaced passes is ridiculous, the passing at the back scares the absolute shit out of me.
The ridiculous surface contributed to most of it. Skill is negated. Our main fault was an incredibly slow start similar to Ayr. We did what we had to do.

Still learning,he’ll know there’s lots to improve on.

5 goals from 3 attacking players, a hat trick and 3 points. Its hard not to be happy...

Now that that mob have dropped even more points also.

Its been said and said.....But we were cheated out of Points V hivs and poor poor results against Hamilton, Dundee and Kilmarnock. We would have been right on their manky backs...

Back