Match Thread ** Hamilton v Rangers - 14:15 Sunday 18th - Sky Sports **

With Celtic dropping points again today it's gutting we are not closer as I think put under pressure they would drop even more.

Actually sort of hope they make it to say the last 8 of the Europa if that means them dropping even more.

Happy we're now second, let's cement it and go on for the rest of the season starting with Hearts next week. Sheep will lie down against the mhanks and get their belly rubbed next weekend so lets keep the momentum going.

We need to make sure we don't slip up again and keep that second spot (at least).
The filth seem to be really toiling for any consistency right now, and the sheep should throw everything at them. Personally, I would want the sheep to beat them. We need to believe would beat Hertz and take us to within 6 points of the filth....put a wee bit of psychological pressure on them and who knows how it all might go ?

9 behind the tims now after they dropped points today. Still can't get my head round the silly defeats we've had and how close we would be if we'd won them.

Would be great if we can win most (preferably all !) of the remaining games in the league to put pressure on them.

That's immaterial mate. They don't chop and change channels for the English matches. Not much use either of you're recording it.

They did the same after the Norwich vs Ipswich match earlier so it isn’t true about them not doing it for English matches.

I understand what you are saying though. What they should do is have the after match reaction say on Sky Sports Football and the other match coverage can start on main event. It’s really pointless having all these channels if you don’t use them properly.

He booked Martin for that as well.

The free kick we got in the first half at the edge of the box, deliberate hand ball, no booking.

I don’t disagree with you in terms of quality of decision made, I just believe it’s due to incompetence as oppose to conscious cheating

We need to make sure we don't slip up again and keep that second spot (at least).
The filth seem to be really toiling for any consistency right now, and the sheep should throw everything at them. Personally, I would want the sheep to beat them. We need to believe would beat Hertz and take us to within 6 points of the filth....put a wee bit of psychological pressure on them and who knows how it all might go ?

Totally agree with this mate, given the mhanks dropped points today a sheep win would suit us big style.

Lets get Hearts out the road next week and see how the sheep game pans out. We're playing well and this season can still turn out very good for us.

I don’t disagree with you in terms of quality of decision made, I just believe it’s due to incompetence as oppose to conscious cheating
So do I. I didn't say it’s cheating but given the frequency of these decisions , a statistician might be a bit perplexed. I don’t watch other Scottish games so these same decisions might well be and likely are happening in other games. The consistency of decisions is the big issue I have watching our games.

Delighted with the win today.

Some of the movement up front was excellent and Murphy is beginning to really impress me, giving us what Candeias gives us on the right.

Windass and Morelos were excellent as well and have done their growing reputations no harm at all.

Would say we could have scored more and I feel there is a gap between midfield and defence that needs sorted.

Good result obviously, looking shaky defensively wich is a worry.

Im just wondering if the guy nexy to me at the game has realized it was 5-3 and not 6-3 :D

He had me thinking that i missed another goal :p

Last edited:
Exactly. As big Marv once said...

Great 3 points today. Hopefully follow it up with 3 points against Hearts next Saturday and see how Celtic handle some real pressure. Our defending today wasn't the best but going forward we are very exciting with plenty of pace. Winning will breed confidence and this young team will get better and better.

Wallace and alves back ross not to far away hopefully.
The signs are good our manager knows what needs work.
Im one happy Bear

Entertainment today, but entertainment won't win #55.
It was the first game in the league against Motherwell when Josh showed glimpses of how good he is capable of being. I'd say at this point of the season he's established himself. Well done to him, he's shown character.
Graeme Murty is angry in his post match reaction. Understandably. It's our defensive frailty that is the root cause of our inconsistency. He said he will sort it out. If he can then we might make the beasts work to win a title for a change. Maybe Alves and Martin is the answer.

Joshua Windass‏Verified account @WindassJnr 6m6 minutes ago
On a serious note , that AstroTurf has to go
1f648.png

Again , the good and bad of Rangers on show today

The good - Going forward, Midfield ,Strikers - lots to please the fans
Morelos , Candeias , Windass (Gers most improved player) and Murphy all superb

With Cummings , Miller , Dorrans , Jack , Holt O'Halloran , Herrara , Dodoo to choose from (when all fit) , i feel there is lots to be optimistic about

The bad - The defence dodgy as f@ck
Bates not good enough , Martin decent but i still have doubts, a decent team would have punished us more

Really missing McCrorie and Alves but hopefully we iron out the mistakes and take advantage of the Bheasts/Sheep slipping up

Good result obviously, looking shaky defensively wich is a worry.

Im just wondering if the guy nexy to me at the game has realized it was 5-3 and not 6-3 :D

He had me thinking that i missed another goal :p

Thank fuuk somebody could count.

With Cummings , Miller , Dorrans , Jack , Holt O'Halloran , Herrara , Dodoo to choose from (when all fit) , i feel there is lots to be optimistic about

Bates not good enough , Martin decent but i still have doubts, a decent team would have punished us more

Really missing McCrorie and Alves but hopefully we iron out the mistakes and take advantage of the Bheasts/Sheep slipping up

The pitch was fuukin pish and if the spl or the sweet fuuk all or whoever's running the show will allow even more teams to use this type of surface which is nae good tae naebody.

Good result today nice to score 5 away from home.I think once everyone is fit we are going to have a pretty decent team.

What did Bates do wrong today?? I don’t think he’s let us down once since being thrown in the deep end??

Martin was to blame for two goals, one of which was harsh and never in a million years a booking and Docherty for the other goal lost!

Bates is only a young lad and I think he’s been great for us when he’s been called upon, distribution isn’t the best but I think he’s a good defender with lots of potential.

What did Bates do wrong today?? I don’t think he’s let us down once since being thrown in the deep end??

Martin was to blame for two goals, one of which was harsh and never in a million years a booking and Docherty for the other goal lost!

Bates is only a young lad and I think he’s been great for us when he’s been called upon, distribution isn’t the best but I think he’s a good defender with lots of potential.

I thought his distribution was good today. The big sexy ginge will be a cross between Baresi & Bougherra before he's 25.

This for me. Off the ball very good and as you say broke up play well and showed good energy.

However when in possession his decision making was poor and his passing was shocking. Still early days for the lad with us though and I'm not too concerned about it.

Caught in possession but not only him + no communication to tell one another about a "man on".

9 behind the tims now after they dropped points today. Still can't get my head round the silly defeats we've had and how close we would be if we'd won them.

Would be great if we can win most (preferably all !) of the remaining games in the league to put pressure on them.

Well, like everyone else ye jeest need to get yer head around it and start lookin for the team at present tae take up the baton and press forward.

Nae use cryin over spilt milk, get the heid in gear.

Back