Match Thread ** Hamilton v Rangers - Match Thread - BT Sports **

He hides it well.

I can see there's something of a good player there with certain things he does. However his touch is terrible most of the time but when it's good it's good overall. ( I can put that down to game time).

But the way he acts has me thinking, he's just not intereseted and he's capable of a lot more.

I stand by that. He made a couple of saves in a game that we were winning 4-1. That’s not exactly earth shattering is it?
What's earth shattering is how completely unreasonable your criticism is. Wes was excellent tonight. How you can reduce his performance to "making a couple of saves" and call him the worst keeper we ever had beggars belief.

Affer going behind on 56 SECONDS! that team showed a great response and brilliant character tonight.

Even though I backed us to win 1-3 I was delighted when our 4th went in. The players played for themselves, their manager and the support.

Sadly, Pena is not good enough for us. Give me Holt over him any day.

I too hope Pedro stays. NO player is bigger than the club.

Well done Rangers! Some so called Rangers fans should hang there heads in shame tonight (re their treatment of our manager today) : Loyal - they would have difficulty spelling the word.

Thought the team played well tonight

Pena is dreadful though and holt should play

I really hope pedro stays

Pena will get a 3 game ban for that elbow.

Him and Jack will be out for St Johnstone.

With Rossiter and Kranjcar out aswell we will have moved on from a defensive crisis to a midfield one.

As for the game, Good result that we would all have taken before the game. We where poor defensively though and would have been punished against a better team.

What's earth shattering is how completely unreasonable your criticism is. Wes was excellent tonight. How you can reduce his performance to "making a couple of saves" and call him the worst keeper we ever had beggars belief.

A bit harsh, maybe. But it’s not just about tonight is it? It’s about the last 18 months and I don’t think he’s got it.

Well done tonight Rangers, a very good win. Great backing from Rangers fans.
Been working all day and got home in time to turn on BT Sport to watch the game, hearing words from the panel about dressing room unrest, so if Kenny is some sort of rat in the camp, then imo he should never play for Rangers again.

I hope Pedro can draw strength from the fact he's liked by all of the Rangers support and even though some want a change the majority of us want him to remain.

Excatly, there was a thread / poll on here started straight after the old firm defeat last week. 75% still backed him then and I'm convinced he still has that backing at the very least, despite the media doing their best to unsettle our fans!!

I've been very critical of Pedro without getting personal. It was very happy for him tonight but mostly for us the fans.

I don't think he's the man for us in the long run but you never know by god I hope he proves me and others wrong. Much better tonight.

Miller should be free transferred whether he had merit or not, he's a rat.

I stand by that. He made a couple of saves in a game that we were winning 4-1. That’s not exactly earth shattering is it?
If he doesn't make them it's 4-3 and our arses get twitchy.

Saying he's the worst keeper we've ever had it's ridiculous. Hes not in the worst 3 keepers we've had since admin.

4 goals away from home on a crap pitch where we have struggled previously.
Played 36 minutes with 10 men
Won 3pts
Moved up to third in table
Team appeared to be together.

Exactly as I stated pre match, this thread will be a roller coaster, everybody and anything will be blamed. Everything must be 100% or it's not good enough, it's time some of you need to come back to the real world.

A good night for Rangers.

If he doesn't make them it's 4-3 and our arses get twitchy.

Saying he's the worst keeper we've ever had it's ridiculous. Hes not in the worst 3 keepers we've had since admin.

In my opinion I reckon Alexander was better and Bell maybe roughly the same.

We are not going to agree, let’s leave it at that. Rangers won tonight, that’s the most important thing.

His H&H podcast was a thing of joy, mate. And funny as f*uck.
I'm concerned about his inability to challenge the views of the other three commentators. Whilst they were trying to influence the compliance officer to ban another Rangers player he stood there staring into the distance rather than ask the simple question 'why does this type of forensic analysis of certain footballers only apply to Rangers and not , for example, Celtic/Scott Brown'.

Very pleased with the gritty determination showed by us tonight especially after losing such an early goal.

It's far too early to call this a turning point but the togetherness and spirit of the team was great to see.

Also looks like dropping KM was exactly the right decision by Pedro. I've yet to be convinced that he is the right man for the job but by fùck I really want him to succeed and if it means kicking Miller's arse out of the door then so be it.

4 goals away from home on a crap pitch where we have struggled previously.
Played 36 minutes with 10 men
Won 3pts
Moved up to third in table
Team appeared to be together.

Exactly as I stated pre match, this thread will be a roller coaster, everybody and anything will be blamed. Everything must be 100% or it's not good enough, it's time some of you need to come back to the real world.

A good night for Rangers.
Spot on with your prediction!

Much much better from Dorrans tonight. He really played well. Jack harshly sent off.

Good win, pleased for Pedro who looked at bit ill to me.

We seem to play in bursts. Superb for a while and then we surrender possession and sit in. And that was long before the red card.

Great win on that awful pitch. I would worry about the match stats though. I know we we were a man down for 35 mins, but Hamiltons 13 shots to 5 and 7 corners to 2 is worrying.

Yeh, really worrying.

Would you rather be in Hamilton's shoes and have lost 4-1

I'm concerned about his inability to challenge the views of the other three commentators. Whilst they were trying to influence the compliance officer to ban another Rangers player he stood there staring into the distance rather than ask the simple question 'why does this type of forensic analysis of certain footballers only apply to Rangers and not , for example, Celtic/Scott Brown'.

You're bang on about the inequality, WJD. We've all seen the playbacks; I fear Carlos will get a retrospective. KT saved his powder on the elbow issue.

Remember this is a relatively new team thrown together a dozen games or so. We should improve further with time and as the injury crisis eases.

And Pena should be ok as it was proven at the weekend that the Compliance Officer is not interested in elbow offences.

Reactions: 8-1
don't know how anyone can have a go at wes tonight. he saved us a few times and if that penalty went in it could have been a lot different outcome

Agreed we all want Pena to succeed, but just can't see it happening.
Attitude from the players tonight was spot on.
There is a real lack of communication between Pena and his teammates. We can only hope this improves. You can see him making intelligent moves into space expecting a pass which never arrives. He is also a very subdued player, doesn't show a lot of emotion or movement to create space, he expects the ball to come to him. The lack of emotion which won't go down well with our support. However if his teammates can integrate him into out forward play I can still see him making a significant contribution to our cause, however if it doesn't click soon I fear he'll go down as another lazy foreigner only here for the money

Back