Hampden Game For New Floodlights!

Rangers v Eintracht iirc ?
Memories?
Was 8 when dad took me to semifinal with Eintracht,and actually Burnside primary janitor took 10/12 of us (wouldn't happen now changed days)to the final madrid v Frankfurt,remember going to the new floodlights at Hampden v Frankfurt think we won 3-2?my memories of that game centre on 1/2 of the large bulbs bursting and raining down on some of us!so much for health@s,in those days, honestly can't remember much about the game mate sorry!

My Dad was at that game so I had a programme from it unfortunately it along with probably 200 or so old progs from 58 to 85 or so ended up in a skip :(.

Lived on Cumming Drive then, remember my dad taking me to the Madrid game and the one in question.North stand enclosure.
“Stand in front of that barrier” aye ok then scoot down the front.
Miss him like %^*&.RIP from many years ago

I was there with a few of my mates I was only 11 at that time so don’t remember much about the game apart from the excitement of the occasion.

My Dad was at that game so I had a programme from it unfortunately it along with probably 200 or so old progs from 58 to 85 or so ended up in a skip :(.
:oops: :oops: Sad ending :(

Too young for this OP; love the memories from the older Bears,though. :cool:

Lived on Cumming Drive then, remember my dad taking me to the Madrid game and the one in question.North stand enclosure.
Wee tear reading that,fond memories of my dad "lifting me over"at Ibrox many times fellow bear ,lost my brother last year around this time,fond fond memories as you say !stay safe friend!

My first ever game. I was 7yo. My dad stopped at top of stairs with chest pain and out of breath. 3 years later he passed away. Heart attack at 37.
Never really knew him but miss him to bits.

17 october - my birthday
remember the lights being switched on - 1/3 at a time
ended up like summers day !!!!!!!
big harry scored with a great header and replicated when i played in a charity game against him ten years later

WATP

My first ever game. I was 7yo. My dad stopped at top of stairs with chest pain and out of breath. 3 years later he passed away. Heart attack at 37.
A ten year old boy that lost his Da. This thread must feel particularly poignant for you mate.
Remember him with pride;I hope life has been kinder to you since.

Very hard for you to join this thread, but the fact you know is there is a huge family here behind you softens the history.
My particular loss was when he passed away while I was getting tear-gassed in Paris against PSG. Took a day to find out as mobile phones hardly existed.But to this day another 3 posters were with me then.
As I said a huge family that seems stronger on away games.

Back