Hannah:McInnes still no 1 target

It would be a complete shock to me with this board of directors.
%^*& sake, do you slag the board on every thread?

Tell me, what is your experience with been on board of directors and in a boardroom? (Just cause you watch the apprentice doesn't mean you know what your talking about)

The ‘speculation’, the boards ‘no.1 target’, the ‘applications’, the ‘process’. I’ll be honest, it’s all a bit boring now.

If true, this smacks of McInnes not being the unanimous board choice and they are holding out in the hope someone applies that all board members can buy into.

That’s been my take since the statement last week.

“Let’s give it another week to see if we can get someone better than McInnes, lads, then if not, well, I guess he’ll just have to do.”

Marvellous stuff.

Normally I’d read something like that and think it was guesswork. It may well still be that, but it’s beliavable with this board.

If it is true (and that's a big if) it could lead to a big missed opportunity. It would have been better to get a manager in during the international break, give them a couple of easier fixtures and build some momentum before we play the sheep.

By winning the last Two games Murty has bought the board some time, I dread to think what, or who we would have got if we had lost both games.

What are we waiting for?

A CV from Thomas Tuchel to drop on Stewart Robertson’s desk offering his services, a £14,500 per week wage and guaranteed £5m January transfer budget?

Of the names available and likely to have applied, it’s all a bit meh. Surely they have a list - are there really managers out there who didn’t show an interest last week, going to pop up now?

Coleman and O’Neill aren’t any better. There has been no club football in almost two weeks so no one closer to the sack than the last round of league games.

A Preu’homme has already said he would have taken the Club Brugge if 10 years younger - that rules him out of the Rangers job.

GvB, Pardew, Laudrup, FdB, Allardyce et al are probably too costly, overall. Some of them I wouldn’t want.

McClaren is garbage. Bilic CV isn’t impressive, neither is a Karanka. Monk and Rowett are in a job - don’t exactly have a great CV, Rowett isn’t far off Warburton in terms of experience.

I’d imagine McInnes will be high up the list.

This sounds made up crap. This would be beyond amateurish from the board. Waiting on someone applying? Really? We aren't exactly Real Madrid ffs. Our stock, due to the anti Rangers media in this SNP run racist little parochial country is at an all time low. We need to just get who we can afford and who we actually need to get us back.

This has me concerned and makes me think there’s no plan and we’re making it up as we go along!
Hate to say this but it's pretty obvious there has been no plan in place the longer this has gone on .

If the situation resolves itself favourably I'm afraid it will be more by luck than design.

This sounds made up crap. This would be beyond amateurish from the board. Waiting on someone applying? Really? We aren't exactly Real Madrid ffs. Our stock, due to the anti Rangers media in this SNP run racist little parochial country is at an all time low. We need to just get who we can afford and who we actually need to get us back.
Yet , if we are to believe the released statement, this is exactly what we are doing .

I would hope to fluck our board aren’t “waiting on someone they don’t expect to apply” as that would be a ridiculous decision. If it is DM maybe he can’t come till after the 2 sheep games , feck knows.

I think Rangers have been contacted by a number of people expressing interest. Each has been advised to submit an application by end of this week. The closing date. Applications will then be assessed and anyone of interest will be added to the board's candidates of interest(including McInnes & Gio I suspect). Each candidate on this list will have their viability as an option determined. Once viable options are known interviews, decision, job offer, acceptance, announcement will follow.
It's a process and always has been. There is no preferred candidate at this stage and no approaches have been made because we've not reached that stage yet. The Rangers Observer is telling the truth!

The more time drags on would it be reasonable to think it won’t be McInnes?

Hopefully something is said or done after the Hamilton game because this is doing my tits in now.

Irrespective of Hamnah’s Credentials we should’ve had a replacement lined up by now.

The board have had over a month to sort this out.

It looks chaotic and unplanned at best.

Irrespective of Hamnah’s Credentials we should’ve had a replacement lined up by now.

The board have had over a month to sort this out.

It looks chaotic and unplanned at best.
I think reporting of the recruitment is chaotic and unplanned. However, the process Rangers are using to recruit a new manager appears to be running exactly as planned.

At the start of this process a thought the board needed to take their time and make the correct decision in appointing the manager, however the longer this farce goes on the more it becomes laughable. What exactly are we waiting for?

I think Rangers have been contacted by a number of people expressing interest. Each has been advised to submit an application by end of this week. The closing date. Applications will then be assessed and anyone of interest will be added to the board's candidates of interest(including McInnes & Gio I suspect). Each candidate on this list will have their viability as an option determined. Once viable options are known interviews, decision, job offer, acceptance, announcement will follow.
It's a process and always has been. There is no preferred candidate at this stage and no approaches have been made because we've not reached that stage yet. The Rangers Observer is telling the truth!

Indeed.

(As well as the candidates we've approached directly/headhunted) this is how all senior recruitment works.

Why would Rangers tell anyone who their No 1 target is? If we don't get them then who ever gets the job will always be classed as 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice.

The truth is none of the media dickheads have any idea whats happening. Everything is speculation. It will all be done behind closed doors and in total privacy.

The club wont be rushed by media drama queens and the usual panty wetters on FF.

The more time drags on would it be reasonable to think it won’t be McInnes?

Hopefully something is said or done after the Hamilton game because this is doing my tits in now.
I think Derek is on the board's list of candidates they are interested in. If Derek is still a viable option after candidate assessment then he can still be offered the job.

I really hope this is not the case.
Such a lack of urgency with important games coming up would be farcical, bordering on negligent.

Why would Rangers tell anyone who their No 1 target is? If we don't get them then who ever gets the job will always be classed as 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice.

The truth is none of the media dickheads have any idea whats happening. Everything is speculation. It will all be done behind closed doors and in total privacy.

The club wont be rushed by media drama queens and the usual panty wetters on FF.
Nothing panty wetting about expressing concerns after the board's efforts at hiring the right Manager thus far.

Reads very professional to me.
Hope this is the case.

It really does begger belief how some people will believe a reporter who has yet to reveal anything close to a genuine scoop with our board will actually believe him when it’s something that could be portrayed negatively towards them.

Seriously?

Its got to be bull, I know our board are poor but surely they aren’t just waiting about hoping someone decent applys?

McInnes would be well within his rights to tell us to get to feck.
I can't see us being this unproffessional surley

Nothing panty wetting about expressing concerns after the board's efforts at hiring the right Manager thus far.

Plenty of panty wetting that this is not being played out in the media. Very few will be aware of the clubs efforts thus far. I would be amazed if they had done the square root of feck all like many seem to believe on here.

These things take time. I would rather wait and get the right guy rather than rush it and get the wrong guy. Murty is more than capable of carrying the team for the interim period.

I really hope this is not the case.
Such a lack of urgency with important games coming up would be farcical, bordering on negligent.
What you call a lack of urgency others see as a strategic recruitment process vitally necessary to ensure the right manager is appointed.

Plenty of panty wetting that this is not being played out in the media. Very few will be aware of the clubs efforts thus far. I would be amazed if they had done the square root of feck all like many seem to believe on here.

These things take time. I would rather wait and get the right guy rather than rush it and get the wrong guy. Murty is more than capable of carrying the team for the interim period.
No-one is saying they aren't doing anything. People are rightly questioning what their approach is and even whether the right people are in the position to make the decision. The last couple of appointments would indicate they are not and that is not panty wetting, merely concern for the club's best interests.

Makes no sense at all.

As others have said, insults McInnes and it's ludicrous to think that a club of our stature is just hanging around waiting for randomers to apply.

Only a few scenarios makes sense:
1) we are waiting for someone specific who has a reason to delay - possibly an international manager involved in the play offs.
2) we have identified someone but negotiations are proving tricky. This may be McInnes but you'd have thought we'd have pushed it through by now.
3) we were in negotiations that broke down leaving us unexpectedly back at square 1. Possible with McInnes though you'd have thought the Scottish media would have got wind of it and be crowing about it.
4) negotiations are well advanced but there is some reason to delay - I've previously suggested that perhaps we've essentially signed McInnes but are keeping it quiet till the sheep recruit his replacement so all can be announced at the same time. Again, you'd think that the press would have got wind of this by now.

The one that makes no sense at all is us sitting on arses waiting for applications.

The process is underway. It will deliver a manager. To this end the board will be 100% successful!

What you call a lack of urgency others see as a strategic recruitment process vitally necessary to ensure the right manager is appointed.
Yes, like we did last time. At least then we had the excuse that the season was already humped.

%^*& sake, do you slag the board on every thread?

Tell me, what is your experience with been on board of directors and in a boardroom? (Just cause you watch the apprentice doesn't mean you know what your talking about)

Well I actually run my own business and have done for the past ten years.....at the moment we are looking at a public listing.

Does that answer your question about my experience?

Back