Happy Andy Halli-Day

I know folk are not meaning badly by it but I really wish people would stop saying things like "he's not the best footballer". It's just a daft thing to say and if he was no good then Gerrard would not be having him in the squad.

He's shown plenty of times he can play football, he's hardly a player who goes around kicking people is he?

In all honesty, he's not good enough.
He's here as back up, and I doubt he will play much at all this season, but Gerrard clearly likes to have him around to let the foreign players know what's what.
Every strong Rangers squad has had an Andy Halliday. A utility player who fills in, gives his all and may not be good enough for a regular first team jersey but makes up for it in willing, drive and adaptability.

Good enough or not he is an important part of the squad and should remain so.

Our best squads have always had an Andy Halliday in them. He's got a crucial role for us, and there aren't many players I'd want on the park for an Old Firm game more than a man who despises them like he does.

When I say "not the best footballer" it's not meant to be disparaging, I should've phrased it better. He's absolutely good enough to be in our squad. Maybe not a nailed on starter. But the heart of the man is why he's here and clearly why Gerrard adores him. Liverpool to Gerrard is Rangers to Halliday.

Last edited:
Many on FF wanted rid of him, saying he wasn’t good enough, so glad Stevie G disagrees.

I did, mostly because he isn’t a particularly good player and he was really poor at that point, certainly not good enough to be in the side regularly now.

But I admired how hard he worked last season, and he actually managed to do quite well at times, and it’s always great when a player shuts you up. So full credit to him.

Speaks volumes about the guy that he went on loan to one of the most obscure places a Scottish player has ever gone to rather than leave, then had opposition fans ripping the pish out of him yet he's still here and performing well while also almost always being played out of position.

If only the likes of Pena and Grezda had 1/10th of his commitment.

Deserves a new contract does Andy.
I think he's in the last year of his current deal and would be worth giving Andy another year or 2.

Back