Happy Birthday Marco Negri

Hope he has a good day. Ex bear and all.

The reaction to him from many confused and still confuses me. He comes over here to promote a book and people seem to be fawning over him. Strange imo

Happy birthday Marco.

1707172.main_image.jpg

Don't really have much time for him. Stole a wage for 3 years. The fawning over a guy like him and the apathy towards someone like Lee Wallace from an element of our support is bizarre to me. But yeah happy birthday an all that.

Don't really have much time for him. Stole a wage for 3 years. The fawning over a guy like him and the apathy towards someone like Lee Wallace from an element of our support is bizarre to me. But yeah happy birthday an all that.

His third goal in post 14 is why.

Not too many players can do that and watching players that can is why we love the game.

Got no time for the guy. Cost us a fortune for 6 months work.

One of the best strikers I’ve seen play for us and will always be one of those “what ifs”

A strange one is our Marco.
He seems to have become more devoted to his ex-club now than he ever was when he was being paid by them.
Fort a short period of time at Ibrox I thought he was the most dangerous striker that I had ever witnessed in a blue shirt then ...nothing.
I have never been wholly satisfied with the explanation regarding his injury and subsequent disinterest in the shirt he was being paid to wear.
He will forever remain one of the biggest 'what-ifs' in our club's story.

No doubt about it, our season fell off a cliff when his goals dried up. Much like last season when we were too reliant on Morelos.

Had Negri stayed fit and focused, he'd have battered over 50 goals easy, and we'd have won 10IAR.

It’s a no from me.

A waster and if you bought his book or went to any night/event with him, he saw you coming frankly.

Showed the Rangers support no respect prior to his reappearance of a few years ago. Why should we start now?

His goals were superb and I dont think I have saw such a clinical finisher at Ibrox.

The 6th month period was brilliant.

Then who knows what happened after this, the squash incident, fighting with super and whatever the rumour was I doubt were untrue. I just believe he was lazy.

You could see on the park there wasn't Much interaction between his team mates and him.

I just wish he continued that form and then we bought Mols.

I think that would have been the best partnership in Europe at that time. Doubt any 2 would have touched them.

If only he had the attitude like Novo, Mols etc maybe just maybe he would have become a legend.

3rd goal, the lob, is one of the best goals I have ever seen. Similar to Coopers in the Drybourgh cup final.
The two defenders running into each make comical as well as a thing of beauty.

Shame how it went and I sure he looks back on his career and regrets his attitude towards football.

Not too many players can do that and watching players that can is why we love the game.
Yeah he was capable of greatnes, but for 3 and a half years out of his 4 year contract with us he did nothing but take a wage. I prefer someone who gives there all and acts professionally on a regular basis.

Hope he had a good day till 6am, then the rest drags with nothing to show for it. A charlatan who now chases the blue pound and I feel sorry for those that fall for it it line his pockets more than he scammed us for in his contract

A strange one is our Marco.
He seems to have become more devoted to his ex-club now than he ever was when he was being paid by them.
Fort a short period of time at Ibrox I thought he was the most dangerous striker that I had ever witnessed in a blue shirt then ...nothing.
I have never been wholly satisfied with the explanation regarding his injury and subsequent disinterest in the shirt he was being paid to wear.
He will forever remain one of the biggest 'what-ifs' in our club's story.
Well said mate. I agree with everything you mention. I’m too young to remember Derek Johnstone at his peak, but can remember every top striker operating in Scotland since, up until Negri’s introduction. Marco Negri made them all look like enthusiastic journeymen in that initial four and a half month period. Then, it all went south.

As you say, if things had been different I wonder what he could have achieved. I’ll leave the why’s and wherefore’s about his recent interaction with us for others to comment on.

I get what people are saying about him. Is he chasing the blue pound or is he a middle aged guy reflecting on his life, the choices he made and what could have been? Maybe he looks back at how he behaved at us and regrets it. Who knows. Would def still like to know what really happened when he was here.

I get what people are saying about him. Is he chasing the blue pound or is he a middle aged guy reflecting on his life, the choices he made and what could have been? Maybe he looks back at how he behaved at us and regrets it. Who knows. Would def still like to know what really happened when he was here.

He's living off the blue pound now after stealing a wage for 3 years.

Great goal and he knew how to finish but after his initial six months he showed a complete disinterest in the club and support but then he suddenly springs up with a book for Rangers fans to supplement his income. He's a user that tried to use the club and support for his own gain. Not for me

ah a Marco Negri thread

Blue Pound - check
Wage thief - check
living off the book - check

noone has covered pumped Porrini's wife yet or the fact he never smiled

Happy Birthday Marco.

Ah what could have been

To be quite honest I have no idea why he looked so miserable - has he come out and given any reasons for it or was it just his manner? Looks like he just found out that there's a contract out on his heed in that video

A really strange case - from unstoppable to invisible. Still, watching these clips is so fucking nostalgic... the game was so different back then and for me its really depressing the way the game has gone up there. The premier league is fucking shite.

Why this chancer gets so much adulation from some is beyond me. Ripped the piss out of the club for years. Took loads and gave nothing back. Don't care what kind of birthday he has but I'm sure it'll be extravagant given the amount of blue pounds he's got in his account.

Back