Happy birthday Sone Aluko

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Still only 31, I remember being underwhelmed when he signed but then being proved very wrong. A terrific player, skilful, direct, quick, and a real goal threat.

And it gives me an excuse to post this, what a goal and what a celebration!

Such an exciting player. Every game, he would have you off your seat with a dribble or turn. Good scoring return too for a wide player.

31??? I never realised he was so young when he was at us. Strong, fast, skillful, direct with an end product. How we could be doing with him of ten years ago in today's team.

Paid money out his own pocket to join us I recall and was/is a fantastic professional. A highly skilled player we were lucky to have in sharp contrast to spineless chancers like Whittaker and Naismith.

Some day that. Was in the club deck right at the poets. I had to walk right by them and there was a poet creep trying to take a photo of me and said something along the lines of here mate your teams skint. I wish I saw him at the end.

There was a guy in a Linfield top a few in front that was mental jumping around, lost his shoe then fell asleep after 20 minutes.

They had a daft wee banner that said the parties over here or some pish like that.

They were noisy for 2 minutes at the start then silenced by us, they then came alive again at 70 minutes when they cheered the 3rd goal. (Strange but true). When they scored 2 near the end of was nervous.

I think we all enjoyed that day as we didnt know what the future held for us.

Thanks for the great day Aluko.

I must have been in the minority when I was excited that he'd signed. He'd been on trial with Juventus before joining us, scored a cracker against Bayern for the sheep in the Europa league. Christ knows how he rocked up at them.

I was quite excited to sign him after he tore Bayern apart at pitodrie for the sheep. Cracking player for us.

Loved the wee man, have always hoped we would bring him back.
Does anyone know his current contractual status?
Just had a wee look at his Wiki page, only played for us 21 times and scored 12.
Fond memories of a very short Rangers career.

I was the same, wasn’t particularly impressed with the signing but delighted he proved me wrong

Happy birthday sone, thanks for the memories.some of the players we have now could do well to take a leaf out of your book.a credit to your profession.

Back