Hard to draw conclusions from today but I'll try

1. We need more creative players. Davis out today and we had nothing. Huge drop off.
2. No way did anyone bid £8m for Worrell
3. I'd be shocked if BB started next season as our left back
4. 4-3-3 with the wingers returned and was as terrible as two months ago. Just doesn't work.
5. Jack was very bad as 'main man' in midfield. Really doesn't suit him
6. Feel bad for fans who I know expected more.

Anyway, now the transfer madness begins in earnest.

Add tav to point 1 also.

7. Big Katic is the only centre half we had capable of heading a ball.

1. We need more creative players. Davis out today and we had nothing. Huge drop off.
4. 4-3-3 with the wingers returned and was as terrible as two months ago. Just doesn't work.

Thought Ryan Jack has a really good game tbh.

This game was good for further highlighting that worrell, barasic, Halliday, Candeias, flanegan are not what we need in squad players.

We badly missed Arfield, tav, Katic, Davis. The reality is if any of the 5 above are regulars next year we are finishing second again.

And I don’t think any of that is a surprise.

Nothing game, rested half the team, who cares. no one will even give it a second thought tomorrow morning, plus we get to laugh at aberdeen for a bit anyways, cheer up jesus...

It tells me that anyone who skoffs at us being linked with 'any more central midfielders' isn't watching the same as me.
I think we absolutely need as a MINIMUM:
Central midfielder needed.
Centre Back Needed.
1st choice left back is badly needed.
Backup right back is needed.
Striker is needed.

Hard to take much from today. Half our team were given an early holiday. We would have went and won a meaningful game there today.

Before the game, despite positive signs the last few months, I thought we'd still need a good transfer window this summer to win the league next season. I think the exact same after today's game.

Many first team players didn't play.

The fringe players didn't perform.

We will strengthen with quality in the summer.

Roll on the start of next season and I'm full of confidence.

This game was actually very beneficial to us because as they say "you learn more in defeat than victory" it's showed Gerrard that there is plenty of players that need improved on in the summer

The only thing I would observe about today is that we consistently struggle on these awful plastic pitches. They are such a leveller. I do worry about our style of play on the plastic pitches. It’s lots of largely ineffective possession and when the ball does get forward it is so often to an isolated forward with the ball bouncing around his waist or knees and several opposing players crowding around him. Somehow I think we have to play a game on these plastic pitches where we get the ball forward into the channels much more quickly than we do and with runners prepared to pick up the second ball etc.

The midfield isn't right as it is. We need something different. I personally feel Kamara plays too deep and that we seriously lack cutting edge and versatility in the last third. But we all probably know that.
All three midfielders played far too deep today.
Jack and Halliday don’t quite have the required quality though when Davis is back with Kamara, then he is ok. Halliday, Jack, Candieas, Worral weren’t good enough.
Barisic wasn’t either but I have a guyt feeling he may come good again ( don’t ask me why )
We missed Tav, Katic ,Arfield, Davis and Defoe today. I think with Morelos money ( possibly Tav also ) we’ll be able to address this. A few current first picks will become squad players and we’ll bring in more quality as replacements

Back