Harry Gregg has died

As has been said earlier, words like "brave" and "hero" are used very lightly these days

Both applied, in the truest sense, to Harry

Condolences to those close to him

You wonder why our country is overrun with mentally challengeds when your openly propagating their shite?

On a Rangers forum of all places

Wtf indeed

Im far from propagating anything:rolleyes:

Step back and take a good hard look at yourself

God Bless You Mr Harry Gregg OBE.

Like a great many people you have seen harrowing things that many other people never see or want to see in their lifetime.

The Greatest of Respect to you Sir.

Never realised the true heroics this man performed on that day in 1958, heartbreaking news for the football world and Northern Ireland.

Do remember him speaking about his great friend George Best with a tear in his eye on a documentary few years ago... clearly not just a mountain of a man but one with a gentle heart.

Rest easy Harry.

The Man U keeper who survived the Munich disaster
I am sure theres a photo of him in the changing room shortly after the disaster having played a game and his eyes are empty. Pulled injured people from the wreckage.
RIP
Sad news.
Some life. And some amount of suffering.
I hope his life in general was filled with more joy than sadness.
May he rest in peace.

What a heroic man. I admit to not knowing the rescue part he played in the disaster. I'm sure the Man Utd fans will miss one of their treasured sons.
Very sad.

Amazing story.

And a wee Rangers connection there, meeting them in Phil Boersma’s house according to the commentary.

Noticed that myself.

Anyway, as others have said, the word “hero“ gets thrown about liberally these days.

Here is a guy who hears a pilot of a burning plane shout “it’s going to blow” and dives INTO the plane to save ultimately three lives. Now, that is a hero

May you rest safely in the arms of the God of your own understanding, Harry. A life truly well lived and my thoughts are with his family and friends on losing such a man as he.

Amazing story.

And a wee Rangers connection there, meeting them in Phil Boersma’s house according to the commentary.
Think that was a Swansea reference as Harry was their ex-manager and Phil was their physio about the time the meeting was arranged.

Back