Harry Kane - 30 goals in 44 internationals

ssblue

Some record. At age 26 he must have a great shout of being their all time top scorer by the age of 30.

Shame for him that he is at a club who never win anything.

Gary

I was about to agree then looked at who he scored the goals against.

Apart from friendly goals against France and Germany, it's all teams who are a good bit below England.

Derta

Some record. At age 26 he must have a great shout of being their all time top scorer by the age of 30.

Shame for him that he is at a club who never win anything.
Much the same as Scotland’s record. 30 strikers used in 44 games and 0 goals lol

alba73

Never been a fan of the English football team but when Rooney took over from bobby Charlton as top scorer I was felt the records weren’t accurate as Rooney played against weaker opposition

daviemc1872

He has goals against the current World Champions, the previous World Champions and the team who competed in the World Cup Final.....
yes but look at the majority and look at the games they were in , uefa nations league , not euros or world cup, the guys i mentioned were big time players for england

RFC4ME

yes but look at the majority and look at the games they were in , uefa nations league , not euros or world cup, the guys i mentioned were big time players for england

That's the majority of games England play in so evidently the majority of his goals would come in that tournament .... Kane has a goal in a World Cup Quarter Final and was top scorer at a World Cup.

Xavi Hernandez

A brilliant striker who would do well to head off to Spain at the end of the season.

And for all the haters, he will probably go for a world record fee.

JW1988

Do people downplay Messi or Ronaldo’s international goal tally’s as well? Fs even their league tally’s they encounter several diddys.
You can only score against the teams put in front of you.

Partickger

Last night was shootey in. So many of these type of games for good international teams compared to players in the past.

ibroxbound

I was about to agree then looked at who he scored the goals against.

Apart from friendly goals against France and Germany, it's all teams who are a good bit below England.
Scotland struggle,with the odd exception, to score against similar sides.

RFC4ME

Last night was shootey in. So many of these type of games for good international teams compared to players in the past.

Not sure that is entirely true.

Scotland qualified for Euro 96 having played Russia, Greece, Finland, Faroe Islands and San Marino.

That's hardly the elite of world football.

England got to France 98 having played Italy, Poland, Georiga and Moldova.

For as long as I can remember at International level the majority of qualifying groups have had 2,3 or 4 "smaller" nations in them, hardly a shock given they make up the Lions Share of teams trying to qualify.

Last edited:
It's not difficult to score that many if your only intention is to shoot or to only pass the ball if it leads to a shot for yourself. As soon as kane is within 35 yards of the goal it's all about engineering a chance for himself

Xavi Hernandez

It's not difficult to score that many if your only intention is to shoot or to only pass the ball if it leads to a shot for yourself. As soon as kane is within 35 yards of the goal it's all about engineering a chance for himself
You don't watch Kane much do you?

His link up play and running the channels has vastly improved over the years.

He is the complete centre forward. Far from a ball greedy bastard, moocher.

Any striker in world football looks to engineer a chance for himself in the last third of the pitch.

Barrymoped

It’s not difficult.......yet very few other strikers in world football can manage it at that level.

RFC4ME

Even if this was true (it's not) that's a really odd, and pretty poor critique of a striker really.

daviemc1872

Yes, that is the teams England played at a World Cup - the criteria isn't play a World Cup but you MUST only play teams who are seen of a supposed mythical level of standard to which goals will actually count as meaningful.

Kanes goal against Columbia added the same to the score sheet as Owens goal did against Argentina.
i'm not saying that it didnt but when you look at him compared to others , he's not had those big moments for england like others