Harry Kane - 30 goals in 44 internationals

they should make his own thread , as he is scored much more than kane and probably against better opposition but we've got kane who's a flat track bully with his own thread and legends like ali daei who played against harder teams than kane left without a thread , utter disgrace and ali daei could speak english better.

What an odd post and way to feel you need to conduct yourself.

you keep telling me that kane's record is so great, i gave an opinion on it and you took the nip for some reason.

I haven't once said his goal scoring record is "great" as that is hyperbole, I have simply taken the points you have made and made a counter to them, there is no "nip" you have simply posted quite a lot of to be quite honest, pish, that deserves to be called out for what it is.

I haven't once said his goal scoring record is "great" as that is hyperbole, I have simply taken the points you have made and made a counter to them, there is no "nip" you have simply posted quite a lot of to be quite honest, pish, that deserves to be called out for what it is.

so my opinion is this , like i have said before his record looks very good on paper but i don't think its as good as its made out when you consider the opposition and other factors, other players with less goals may have better international careers, i know people down south actually expect more from kane in bigger games at euros 16 and WC 18 the big games he didnt perform very well.

so just because my opinion doesn't suit you doesnt mean its "pish".

so my opinion is this , like i have said before his record looks very good on paper but i don't think its as good as its made out when you consider the opposition and other factors, other players with less goals may have better international careers, i know people down south actually expect more from kane in bigger games at euros 16 and WC 18 the big games he didnt perform very well.

so just because my opinion doesn't suit you doesnt mean its "pish".

You say that like it adds weight to your point, who is to say that isn't just people who talk as much pish as you.

An "opinion" doesn't make a view credible

i.e IMO Steven Gerrard is from China....I mean he fucken isn't and me saying in my opinion doesn't make it true.

You say that like it adds weight to your point, who is to say that isn't just people who talk as much pish as you.

An "opinion" doesn't make a view credible

i.e IMO Steven Gerrard is from China....I mean he fucken isn't and me saying in my opinion doesn't make it true.

are you his fuckin agent or something?

and the part in bold is ridiculous, opinions are opinions , it has nothing to do with being true , its how one person sees things and unbelievably not every sees things the same way. where as gerrard being from china is factually wrong and opinions couldnt be given on it , what a terrible example.

If man u want to return to the top they must buy this top class football player along with a few others of the same ilk.

are you his fuckin agent or something?

and the part in bold is ridiculous, opinions are opinions , it has nothing to do with being true , its how one person sees things and unbelievably not every sees things the same way. where as gerrard being from china is factually wrong and opinions couldnt be given on it , what a terrible example.

Yes, I am his agent

And my point re saying IMO, just shows you can simply take any statement you wish say well that's my opinion but it doesn't make it any more valid, tis an opinion which is an opinion etc and so on i.e your opinion is Kane hasn't scored in big games, against big teams at World Cups etc when he factually has so thus to say he hasn't is no more or less daft than the premise of an opinion that Gerrard is from China.

Weird how everyone else doesn’t seem to do it isn’t it?
Yes, all of the top international team's strikers get to play the same sort of teams.
Kane is doing well and that is a fact.
Ronaldo has set the bar of course, but Kane's efforts are very respectable, to say the least.

Even if this was true (it's not) that's a really odd, and pretty poor critique of a striker really.
Was more a critique of him as a person rather than a striker. I view him as a bit self serving, nowhere near the level of Ronaldo though.

Trying to claim a goal off of your own teammate for example is embarrassing.

So us being one of the most successful clubs in world football isn't really all that great because we have St Mirren, Hamilton etc in our league??

It’s not difficult.......yet very few other strikers in world football can manage it at that level.
I'm not denying he's a good striker, it pains me to say that he is, but my impression is that sometimes he's too keen to boost his goal stats and is selfish

Was more a critique of him as a person rather than a striker. I view him as a bit self serving, nowhere near the level of Ronaldo though.

Trying to claim a goal off of your own teammate for example is embarrassing.

I would say there is an element of chicken/egg to his person which leads to the striker he becomes - nature of the beast means they need to be self centered and attempt to fashion chances for themselves.

A player who lives in a game of football is living on the edge, living on adrenaline and emotion momentary reactions and revved up feelings come wit that, never a shock when a player overly claims for something - only have to consider how you might act in a stand claiming for a penalty that never is, a player is living that real time emotion x 10

A brilliant striker who would do well to head off to Spain at the end of the season.

And for all the haters, he will probably go for a world record fee.

It hope he does it just so I can hear him try Spanish. He’ll need to master English first though.

But basically he’s a knob and an unlikeable cheating prick who embarrassed himself by repeatedly crying about a goal he didn’t even score because his only concern was trying to catch Salah.

It hope he does it just so I can hear him try Spanish. He’ll need to master English first though.

But basically he’s a knob and an unlikeable cheating prick who embarrassed himself by repeatedly crying about a goal he didn’t even score because his only concern was trying to catch Salah.

Can't agree with you at all here mate, sorry. With Kane I have followed his rise from when he broke through with Spurs. Why? I don't know, I just liked the big guy. He has improved year on year and is a fabulous forward.

Don't understand why he can be seen to be unlikable. Appears a thoroughly grounded chap to me. And the low blows with his speech impediment doesn't really cut it either.

Can't agree with you at all here mate, sorry. With Kane I have followed his rise from when he broke through with Spurs. Why? I don't know, I just liked the big guy. He has improved year on year and is a fabulous forward.

Don't understand why he can bee seen to be unlikable. Appears a thoroughly grounded chap to me. And the low blows with his speech impediment doesn't really cut it either.

See the above! Great player but he’s a massive cheat and more concerned about his goals tally than anything, hence that tragic campaign to be awarded a goal he blatantly didn’t score. He tries hide behind this humble, reserved act while he’s doing it of course.

The fact he doesn’t get the same treatment from the press for being a massive cheated the foreigners do gets on my tits too but to be fair that’s not his fault. Also doesn’t help that I can’t stand Spurs! Also it does feel like he gets the chance to hit a penalty every week but that’s maybe one of those things that’s more of a feeling than reality.

I would say there is an element of chicken/egg to his person which leads to the striker he becomes - nature of the beast means they need to be self centered and attempt to fashion chances for themselves.

A player who lives in a game of football is living on the edge, living on adrenaline and emotion momentary reactions and revved up feelings come wit that, never a shock when a player overly claims for something - only have to consider how you might act in a stand claiming for a penalty that never is, a player is living that real time emotion x 10
Having a player who can fashion chances out of nothing is a huge bonus, morelos is great at it for us, and a rare skill to have but I feel Kane drifts too far with it and is too single minded at times. Seen times when he's been 25 yards out with plenty of support around him and he's held on too long go after persistently trying to work a shot.

A rush of blood/adrenaline in the heat of a match is one thing but he "swore on his daughters life" post match that he had touched the ball that time despite it not looking like the case. The goal had already been given to eriksen so the team had already got what they deserved. The decent thing to do would have been to say he felt like he got a touch but if they've given it to eriksen then so be it, don't actively claim to get it taken off him and given to yourself.

Having a player who can fashion chances out of nothing is a huge bonus, morelos is great at it for us, and a rare skill to have but I feel Kane drifts too far with it and is too single minded at times. Seen times when he's been 25 yards out with plenty of support around him and he's held on too long go after persistently trying to work a shot.

A rush of blood/adrenaline in the heat of a match is one thing but he "swore on his daughters life" post match that he had touched the ball that time despite it not looking like the case. The goal had already been given to eriksen so the team had already got what they deserved. The decent thing to do would have been to say he felt like he got a touch but if they've given it to eriksen then so be it, don't actively claim to get it taken off him and given to yourself.

Even at failure and that being a tactical reality, open to question it is tis a tactic that has worked pretty well for Spurs the last few seasons....

Why would it have been the decent thing to do....if it touched him it touched him - surely showing what he sees to be honest is more decent when asked about it then lying about it.

Even at failure and that being a tactical reality, open to question it is tis a tactic that has worked pretty well for Spurs the last few seasons....

Why would it have been the decent thing to do....if it touched him it touched him - surely showing what he sees to be honest is more decent when asked about it then lying about it.
Decent as in not potentially upsetting a teammate just so you can be credited with the goal. Fair enough if it was a clear and obvious error to give it to eriksen but it wasn't. Like I said no harm in mentioning it but the way he went about it wasn't very tactful. Clearly deemed his quest for the golden boot more important than his teammate being awarded a goal which, to pretty much every observer, he deserved

Don't understand why he can be seen to be unlikable. Appears a thoroughly grounded chap to me. And the low blows with his speech impediment doesn't really cut it either.

He's a diving cheating bastard who gets an easy time of it from the media because he's English.

Context is needed when looking at goalscoring records.

Is Pele's '1000' goals claim really that good? Is Romario's?

Considering they counted goals in friendlies and youth matches then you'd have to say no.

It's not Kane's fault that England get served up cannon fodder and he scores against them - but you do have to add a bit of context when looking at his record.

He's a diving cheating bastard who gets an easy time of it from the media because he's English.

Context is needed when looking at goalscoring records.

Is Pele's '1000' goals claim really that good? Is Romario's?

Considering they counted goals in friendlies and youth matches then you'd have to say no.

It's not Kane's fault that England get served up cannon fodder and he scores against them - but you do have to add a bit of context when looking at his record.

Arguably all modern day International goals records should be put into context, certainly the European players following the break up of Russia and other Eastern European countries.

Some of these really pish teams should be put into a qualifier to qualify for the actual qualifiers, but that’s another argument.

Decent as in not potentially upsetting a teammate just so you can be credited with the goal. Fair enough if it was a clear and obvious error to give it to eriksen but it wasn't. Like I said no harm in mentioning it but the way he went about it wasn't very tactful. Clearly deemed his quest for the golden boot more important than his teammate being awarded a goal which, to pretty much every observer, he deserved

He was given the goal though.... he was given a goal he scored which is how goals are normally given rather than effort.

Back