Harry Kane - 30 goals in 44 internationals

ssblue

Some record. At age 26 he must have a great shout of being their all time top scorer by the age of 30.

Shame for him that he is at a club who never win anything.

I was about to agree then looked at who he scored the goals against.

Apart from friendly goals against France and Germany, it's all teams who are a good bit below England.

Weird how everyone else doesn’t seem to do it isn’t it?

Everyone else isn’t playing for England against dross are they? In that way, it actually makes a lot of sense

image.jpg

Some record. At age 26 he must have a great shout of being their all time top scorer by the age of 30.

Shame for him that he is at a club who never win anything.
Much the same as Scotland’s record. 30 strikers used in 44 games and 0 goals lol

Never been a fan of the English football team but when Rooney took over from bobby Charlton as top scorer I was felt the records weren’t accurate as Rooney played against weaker opposition

Weird how Ronaldo doing it on another thread is a fantastic achievement though.
It would only be weird if I said Ronaldo scoring against diddies was fantastic. But I don't really think we can compare both players tbh.

He has goals against the current World Champions, the previous World Champions and the team who competed in the World Cup Final.....

yes but look at the majority and look at the games they were in , uefa nations league , not euros or world cup, the guys i mentioned were big time players for england

yes but look at the majority and look at the games they were in , uefa nations league , not euros or world cup, the guys i mentioned were big time players for england

That's the majority of games England play in so evidently the majority of his goals would come in that tournament .... Kane has a goal in a World Cup Quarter Final and was top scorer at a World Cup.

panama? tunisia? colombia pen?

Yes, that is the teams England played at a World Cup - the criteria isn't play a World Cup but you MUST only play teams who are seen of a supposed mythical level of standard to which goals will actually count as meaningful.

Kanes goal against Columbia added the same to the score sheet as Owens goal did against Argentina.

A brilliant striker who would do well to head off to Spain at the end of the season.

And for all the haters, he will probably go for a world record fee.

Do people downplay Messi or Ronaldo’s international goal tally’s as well? Fs even their league tally’s they encounter several diddys.
You can only score against the teams put in front of you.

Last night was shootey in. So many of these type of games for good international teams compared to players in the past.

I was about to agree then looked at who he scored the goals against.

Apart from friendly goals against France and Germany, it's all teams who are a good bit below England.
Scotland struggle,with the odd exception, to score against similar sides.

Last night was shootey in. So many of these type of games for good international teams compared to players in the past.

Not sure that is entirely true.

Scotland qualified for Euro 96 having played Russia, Greece, Finland, Faroe Islands and San Marino.

That's hardly the elite of world football.

England got to France 98 having played Italy, Poland, Georiga and Moldova.

For as long as I can remember at International level the majority of qualifying groups have had 2,3 or 4 "smaller" nations in them, hardly a shock given they make up the Lions Share of teams trying to qualify.

Last edited:
It's not difficult to score that many if your only intention is to shoot or to only pass the ball if it leads to a shot for yourself. As soon as kane is within 35 yards of the goal it's all about engineering a chance for himself

It's not difficult to score that many if your only intention is to shoot or to only pass the ball if it leads to a shot for yourself. As soon as kane is within 35 yards of the goal it's all about engineering a chance for himself

You don't watch Kane much do you?

His link up play and running the channels has vastly improved over the years.

He is the complete centre forward. Far from a ball greedy bastard, moocher.

Any striker in world football looks to engineer a chance for himself in the last third of the pitch.

It’s not difficult.......yet very few other strikers in world football can manage it at that level.

Even if this was true (it's not) that's a really odd, and pretty poor critique of a striker really.

Yes, that is the teams England played at a World Cup - the criteria isn't play a World Cup but you MUST only play teams who are seen of a supposed mythical level of standard to which goals will actually count as meaningful.

Kanes goal against Columbia added the same to the score sheet as Owens goal did against Argentina.

i'm not saying that it didnt but when you look at him compared to others , he's not had those big moments for england like others

i'm not saying that it didnt but when you look at him compared to others , he's not had those big moments for england like others

You aren't really selling this to be to be honest..

It's gone from

Not scored many against decent Opposition - he has

Not at Euros or World Cups - he was top scorer at the World Cup

Questions re the standards of teams played at a World Cup - which isn't a thing that someone can control

To not had big moments - his goals helped take them to a World Cup Semi Final which surpasses what aforementioned players managed to do.

You are shifting the goal posts on this and still missing...

You aren't really selling this to be to be honest..

It's gone from

Not scored many against decent Opposition - he has

Not at Euros or World Cups - he was top scorer at the World Cup

Questions re the standards of teams played at a World Cup - which isn't a thing that someone can control

To not had big moments - his goals helped take them to a World Cup Semi Final which surpasses what aforementioned players managed to do.

You are shifting the goal posts on this and still missing...

he was top scorer at world cup but look at the opposition , if any half decent team had englands draw in that tournament their striker would have been top scorer, it was an unbelievably generous draw for a world cup all the way to the semis and again im not saying he can control who he plays but people will look at that , owen, rooney, lineker and shearer, bigger games and more important goals at the minute, he has time to change that but for me his record looks great on paper i suppose.

he was top scorer at world cup but look at the opposition , if any half decent team had englands draw in that tournament their striker would have been top scorer, it was an unbelievably generous draw for a world cup all the way to the semis and again im not saying he can control who he plays but people will look at that , owen, rooney, lineker and shearer, bigger games and more important goals at the minute, he has time to change that but for me his record looks great on paper i suppose.

Not for the first time you have made mention of that point like it is relevant, what is a player meant to do? Not score goals because the teams they are playing are shit?

Do you not count goals Rangers score in games? Do you consider some Rangers goals less than?

Hearts are currently shit do our goals against them Semi then mean less than they did previously in other Semi Finals because of this?

Not for the first time you have made mention of that point like it is relevant, what is a player meant to do? Not score goals because the teams they are playing are shit?

Do you not count goals Rangers score in games? Do you consider some Rangers goals less than?

Hearts are currently shit do our goals against them Semi then mean less than they did previously in other Semi Finals because of this?

again you are missing the point , i never said i don't count goals depending on opposition , they all count but the OP said it was some record , but purely from a discussion point of view, im saying that the record is good but he's been fortunate with the opposition he's faced (before you say it, i know thats not his fault), there will be players out there with less goals but bigger goals and more important goals, there will be players out there with tremendous records on paper at international level but never done anything of note, thats my point they can be quite deceiving.

again you are missing the point , i never said i don't count goals depending on opposition , they all count but the OP said it was some record , but purely from a discussion point of view, im saying that the record is good but he's been fortunate with the opposition he's faced (before you say it, i know thats not his fault), there will be players out there with less goals but bigger goals and more important goals, there will be players out there with tremendous records on paper at international level but never done anything of note, thats my point they can be quite deceiving.

I genuinely fail to see how any of that takes away from Kane has achieved... and nothing posted during this thread has validated that kind of claim

I genuinely fail to see how any of that takes away from Kane has achieved... and nothing posted during this thread has validated that kind of claim

you don't need to see that , its your opinion and thats my opinion. Ali Daei has over 100 goals at international level , i dont hear people going crazy over his record.

you don't need to see that , its your opinion and thats my opinion. Ali Daei has over 100 goals at international level , i dont hear people going crazy over his record.

Why would people be talking about him on a thread about Harry Kane....

Why would people be talking about him on a thread about Harry Kane....

they should make his own thread , as he is scored much more than kane and probably against better opposition but we've got kane who's a flat track bully with his own thread and legends like ali daei who played against harder teams than kane left without a thread , utter disgrace and ali daei could speak english better.

they should make his own thread , as he is scored much more than kane and probably against better opposition but we've got kane who's a flat track bully with his own thread and legends like ali daei who played against harder teams than kane left without a thread , utter disgrace and ali daei could speak english better.

Give it up mate. Here is yer mans International goals record, all 109 of them:

Goals by opposition

Back