Harry Redknapp on Bournemouth job being bigger than Gers job

Harry knows his football , that's for sure.

That said, he didn't have to ridicule such an outlandish statement, anyone with half a brain knows it was absolute verbal tripe.

Harry loves the Rangers I’m sure him and Frank Lampard have been to Ibrox a few times together.
O’Hara must be a the windup or he’s a bitter mentally challenged.

Always find it funny how annoyed people get about these things. Who cares what Jamie Ohara says.

Would like to see Harry go on some a show and debate this with O'hara, would pay money to see Redknapp absolutely destroy him.

Common sense prevails.
In saying that every time I went on my holidays I always loved going to a Bournemouth bar.
Some great times.
;)

O’hara has set out what he wanted to achieve ,everyone is talking about him and the show on talksport and that was his aim

To be fair mate he just keeps regurgitating the same old shite, they are mug enough to subscribe to him!
Amuses me when you see the manky support ask him about our financial stuff on twitter as if hes the clubs accountant ffs :))

Always find it funny how annoyed people get about these things. Who cares what Jamie Ohara says.
Not a fu*king jot what he says.But he has a national platform to spout this utter pish.He should be told to fu*k up and not talk nonsense.Who was on with him when he said this?Did they correct him?

It's quite simple...
English League - Massive. No comparison to the Scottish Premiership. Scottish Premiership is closer to League One or Two
That does not mean the Bournemouth job is bigger job than the Rangers. More money to spend - yes. Bournemouth will hope they get back to the prem, but could possibly spend the rest of their days in the Championship at best. What is the best thing they have achieved? Aberdeen are arguably a bigger club than Bournemouth ffs.

Jamie: if Mr Gerard wanted to manage in the PL, he wouldn’t have to wait a season in the Championship, I’m sure there are a couple that would be interested.

I think in the context of "taking a Championship team up to the Premiership" then yes the Bournemouth job could in some way be considered "bigger".

In terms of prestige for a manager I think "managed a side in the Championship and won promotion to the Premiership" probably does look better on the CV than "won the SPL".

HOWEVER.

We are sitting in the last 16 of the Europa League having witnessed outstanding European nights against Legia Warsaw, Feyenoord, Porto and Braga with a very very slim chance of something against Bayer Leverkusen tomorrow night.

I am not sure that winning promotion the Premiership, with a club that was JUST relegated and will fully expect to go straight back up, even comes close to that.

Yes, the SPL is garbage. If we can continue getting into the group stages as we have been doing then our performance on the European stage trumps anything that's going on at Bournemouth.

Isn't the average home attendance at Bournemouth something like 10k?
So there's the aspect of needing to please a crowd of 10k every other week compared to pleasing a home crowd of nearly 50k every other week.

I don't think you can, as a manager, look at the potential European nights at Ibrox and then look at Championship fixtures such as Derby, QPR and Swansea in front of 10k at Dean Court as being comparable.

Ha, when I heard about this yesterday I thought to myself do you know who they should get on to blow this out the water...Harry Redknapp

I feel as if we have a victim mentality with stuff like this. Who cares what Jamie O'Hara thinks. Why are we commenting on something so obviously wrong. I dunno, I guess it bothers me how much it bothers other people.

I listen to TS most mornings when driving and Jamie O’Hara was clearly joking and he called in the following day to laugh about it with Ally. He said he agree Rangers were a bigger club but he said trying to get promotion to the PL is a bigger job than trying to win the SPL.

Watch the video and you’ll see he clearly wasn’t joking. If he’s claiming now that it’s a joke then it’s clearly backtracking because of the ridicule he’s facing.

Love Arry, the twitter live q and a they done with him I think when at Pompey was one of the most hilarious things ever

O’Hara didn’t actually say Bournemouth were bigger than Rangers.
He said the job was bigger.
He based that claim on Scotland only having 2 teams.
It’s all about “how” you measure the size of a club isn’t it.
If you measure it in terms of money from advertising and TV deals then English football is where it’s at.
If you measure it in terms of level of support world wide then there are very few teams bigger than us in the entire world.
O’Hara is just trying to be controversial, but made himself look a bit daft.

Back