Harry Souttar

6 years ago long story why, but watched Dundee United v Dundee reserves at Tannadice on a Sunday afternoon.
He was playing and he was absolutely honking, stood out a miles not only due to his height but how bad he was.
When my son explained who he was the other night couldn’t believe it was the same player.

FifRF0jWYAACNWN

Just seen Hibs confirm that Porteous won’t sign a new contract on their Twitter page.

Ross Wilson - don’t even think about it.

Just seen Hibs confirm that Porteous won’t sign a new contract on their Twitter page.

Ross Wilson - don’t even think about it.

Porteous has a history of knee problems too.

Seems to be a recurring theme with Scottish CBs having knackered knees.

Perhaps because the game is more physical and thuggish here the players end up with knee problems.

He's fucking injured. Do you think that was deliberate? He didn't know he was going to be injured when he signed did he?

I didn't say I was smart but I'm Stephen Hawking compared to you.
Haha go back and read your on post and keep telling yourself your bright mate.

Would take him at Ibrox in a Heartbeat. Cracking player. So is John fwiw. He just cant stay fit, but hes a very good player on his day. Was Hearts MOTM by a country mile in the SCF

We'd be better signing big Sinky Soutar from Leeds Utd boys club in Drumchapel and he's about 61 or 62 these days.

Let’s not pretend than John Souttar has always been shite. When he was at Dundee, we tried to sign him. He’s a good centre Half that’s seen ability drop due to constant injuries.

At the tine definitely thought we missed the boat when Hearts signed John Souttar on a Bosman from Dundee Utd. Injuries since have probably shown I was wrong then and that our eventual signing of him this summer was very risky.

FFS you've called Lee Wallace a wage thief, now John Souttar.
Players get injured, it doesn't make them wage thieves, you maniac :)
Wonder what this place would of been like regarding Ian Durrant coming back from injury and if he would be getting labeled ‘wage thief.
Souttar has a long time yet to make his mark at our club and I’m not ready to give up on Jack either.

Still a wage thief as he knows this is how the rest of his career pans out.
What would you have done in his situation?

Knocked back a team that offered you a long term contract and said "No thanks, I'm injury prone" ??

You could call someone wage thief if they got paid a good wage and downed tools - like half of our fit players this season.

He is a very good defender, I live in Australia and watch the games, he isn’t playing in Scotland, he is better staying where he is and getting more money.
Majority or our fans will say he is shite without watching him play, they are probably the same ones who think helander is the next baresi!
Harry is a very good defender and no nonsense type, I would prefer him to anyone else in our back line (maybe goldson apart)
Reminds me of a defender who does his job instead of fucking around trying to look good with a 30 yard pass with the outside of the boot!
Defenders defend, midfielders play and strikers score!
What is your point? What does living in Australia, him playing in England and not Scotland have to do with what you're saying?

There would be merit in signing Harry if he proves his fitness until January . He’s only 24 not old for a centre half and if his brother is also back for January it would take pressure off goldosn to rush back and give young king a break. Plus having two brothers at centre half would mean more clean sheets as the understanding between them would be second to none. Each one would know what the other was about to do and vice versa before anyone else.

One to keep an eye on for January Id think

Last edited:
He is a very good defender, I live in Australia and watch the games, he isn’t playing in Scotland, he is better staying where he is and getting more money.
Majority or our fans will say he is shite without watching him play, they are probably the same ones who think helander is the next baresi!
Harry is a very good defender and no nonsense type, I would prefer him to anyone else in our back line (maybe goldson apart)
Reminds me of a defender who does his job instead of fucking around trying to look good with a 30 yard pass with the outside of the boot!
Defenders defend, midfielders play and strikers score!
Is Aussie rules your game?

He's fucking injured. Do you think that was deliberate? He didn't know he was going to be injured when he signed did he?

I didn't say I was smart but I'm Stephen Hawking compared to you.
A lot of people on here knew he was going to be injured.

What would you have done in his situation?

Knocked back a team that offered you a long term contract and said "No thanks, I'm injury prone" ??

You could call someone wage thief if they got paid a good wage and downed tools - like half of our fit players this season.
Think that is half of our ‘unfit’ players I’m not sure it’s quite that many but can think of a few mate yeah

There would be merit in signing Harry if he proves his fitness until January . He’s only 29 not old for a centre half and if his brother is also back for January it would take pressure off goldosn to rush back and give young king a break. Plus having two brothers at centre half would mean more clean sheets as the understanding between them would be second to none. Each one would know what the other was about to do and vice versa before anyone else.

One to keep an eye on for January Id think
Harry Souttar is the younger brother of John he is 24 years old

He's on a completely different level to his brother.
Have to admit i didnt even know it was his brother but did anyone say he was the better player when Rangers were showing an interest in John ?

I accept hes no use to us injured and understand the anger but i think its unfair to say JS isnt a good player.

Back