Harry's heroes - ITV

Steven D

Ruddock is an absolute wank.

Shite as a footballer, shite at looking after himself and shite to watch in the telly.

Felt a bit sorry for Merson, confined to his room while they all got on it, but at same time I suppose he wasn’t under any obligation to stay, or even join up in the first place.

bearmind

Ruddock's autobiography resembles one of those non-fiction, gansters-gangland books that you free with a newspaper. Just in the preface of the book it records that he broke both of Andy Cole's legs in a reserve match, ran fifty yards to head butt an opponent and gave Robbie Fowler a good slap for being 'a bit too lippy'.

Not exactly a good role model for young players when he was playing and seemingly still not with last night's progamme!

Amstel

Never been a fan of Razor, but I hope he can get himself sorted or he won’t be here next year

GEEEDUBYA

Lot of kids watching that why the team with todgers hanging out .... ffs with the scandles of abuse in football this wasn't needed ... fair play David seaman taking nothing to do with that.
Little known fact, most of that team came through the ranks at the French wing of Sellick Boys Club.

superallythe2nd

Ruddock annoyed me. Absolute waster even though he's had a "wake up call" from cardiologists after last year's programme. Then he's saying to the guys that he's needing a pacemaker.

Even worse is his missus sobbing to the cameras about how she's struggling with keeping an eye on him with his health but she's down the pub with him and his "mates" on it as well. Some support network that is.

Merson has annoyed me in the past but fair play to him for overcoming his demons and then calling out Ruddock.

EssexBear

Merson showed he is still as player - goal he scored , he bent his run to avoid being offside , instinct still there.

Off field I have always regarded him as a twat on Sky , but his honesty was refreshing , and now has second family and supportive wife lets hope he can fight the demons. Fact he wanted go to Enlish speaking AA meeting in Paris speaks volumes! Mind you they might teach him to speak English !

jdm1873

You had to feel for Merson there. He's been mates with Ruddock since they were 16 and he sees him killing himself.

Ruddock is one of those guys who is the life and soul of the party and has to be the centre of attention.

Craigie

You had to feel for Merson there. He's been mates with Ruddock since they were 16 and he sees him killing himself.

Ruddock is one of those guys who is the life and soul of the party and has to be the centre of attention.
Ruddock comes across as a guy who cannot switch off. As you say, he has to be in the middle of it all and probably doesn't realise the harm he is doing to himself. Not sure his wife is overly concerned in helping him.

Hopefully this will be a wake up for him and he can sort himself out.

I'm sure he was linked with us at one point in his career.

Mustang mad

Merson showed he is still as player - goal he scored , he bent his run to avoid being offside , instinct still there.

Off field I have always regarded him as a twat on Sky , but his honesty was refreshing , and now has second family and supportive wife lets hope he can fight the demons. Fact he wanted go to Enlish speaking AA meeting in Paris speaks volumes! Mind you they might teach him to speak English !
called that out to no one else in my living room at the time!!! That and the sublime wee chip.
The legs may be slower but it just shows you can keep the football brain and the touch.

jprfc

Fair play to Seaman not playing in some gutter ITV stitch up playing a nudist side, fair play to Merse calling out Razor and that was a tough watch at the end his Missus needs to get a grip of the big man's lifestyle and stop fuelling the big lump. Mark Wright looks like he's heided too many footballs and has a perma puzzled look about him. It's weird because I think they could easily make 2 different programmes. 1 of the lads and the banter and another of the evils of gambling and alcoholism once pros leave the game
I'd have been interested to see what happened with Seaman after he walked off, next time we saw him he was all loved up with his wife.

huistra23

Ruddock is a walking heart attack.

He’s just told them he’s going to get his heart jump started as it’s beating irregularly and has high blood pressure. Next scene he’s in a pub ordering a beer and double vodka and in an Indian restaurant.
Free holiday for them, I don't get the fascination for giving money to has beens like Ruddock

Blue Lew

My teenage son rolled his eyes at me as I squealed "Ooft look at, the way he's held his run and finished with a lovely chip, he's still got it" :p

I get why Seaman was like "F.uck this" when the nude football team turned up but his line "I didn't play in the World Cup Finals to end up in a game like this" (I'm paraphrasing there) as he stropped off the park was a bit Elton John-esque.

Don't get the posters moaning about the show. It's just something that lets you switch your brain off and have a laugh at- ignoring the fact that Ruddock is a walking death trap and Merson is one crisis away from hitting the bottle again- hope I'm wrong on both points obviously!
If you don't like it, don't watch it!!!
Also meant to say: I was shocked at how haggard Lee Hendry and Lee Sharpe looked. They looked like they were in their early 50's. That party boy lifestyle finally catching up methinks!

bilkobear

Completely disagree about big Razor. I’ve met him numerous times only a few years back and he is an absolutely top bloke who has got time for everyone. He is a big character but great fun. And generous of spirit.
Yeah, I have always heard decent things about Razor.
Likeable is about the worst thing said about him, until I logged into this thread that is. :oops:

Coleraine 1

I am pretty sure that the early stages of the series has the guys encouraged by the production staff to go out and get blocked and eat what ever they like. Wouldn't make great TV if it had them living some monk like existence in some health farm with them all obeying Harry's every word.

Mani

Ruddock is a walking heart attack.

He’s just told them he’s going to get his heart jump started as it’s beating irregularly and has high blood pressure. Next scene he’s in a pub ordering a beer and double vodka and in an Indian restaurant.
Cuts a tragic figure. Doubt he'll live long in that state.

Yankeeger

what a load of shite Merson was only raging cause he’s dying for a drink rather than sitting alone while the rest of them get pished