Harry's heroes - ITV

Thommo2006

Decent watch, light entertainment, you wonder how they let themselves get so badly out of shape.
You've got to remember these guys trainee every day as soon as they stopped playing they probably continued eating the same but didnt have the training to then burn it off

Warren Hill

Quite enjoying it, Harry has good patter and not just on this programme. Had to laugh at Vinnie Jones smashing that San Marino player.
Regarding the flag, may or may not be but their used to be a London UDA Brigade.

kilbirnie bear

Merson showed he is still as player - goal he scored , he bent his run to avoid being offside , instinct still there.

Off field I have always regarded him as a twat on Sky , but his honesty was refreshing , and now has second family and supportive wife lets hope he can fight the demons. Fact he wanted go to Enlish speaking AA meeting in Paris speaks volumes! Mind you they might teach him to speak English !
Read his book last year.The amount he was gambling was unbelievable.

I‘m distraught when my tenner coupon is down never mind thousands and thousands of pounds

jprfc

I am pretty sure that the early stages of the series has the guys encouraged by the production staff to go out and get blocked and eat what ever they like. Wouldn't make great TV if it had them living some monk like existence in some health farm with them all obeying Harry's every word.
Spot on mate, it makes for good tv watching them get pished, imagine the same show in 20 years time...Gareth Southgate takes a team of ex England players including Harry Kane, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Deli Ali, Harry Mcguire.....that will be exciting :D

jprfc

Didn't know the Harry Redknapp car crash story.

Still affects him 30 odd years later. I guess it would never leave you.
I think every show hes done he talks about it, i remember him talking about it in the jungle, and on Piers Morgan life stories he went into great detail. No doubt about it, effects him to this day.

Boabmeister

I watched the first 2 last night , really looking forward to tonight’s episode.

They could do with carrager , Ashley Cole , Joe Cole , stevie Gee , lampard , crouch , Gareth Barry etc

Gibraltar Loyal

I hope Ruddock an sort himself out. No matter what people think of him hes fot a young family.Its a bastard of a thing if it gets hold of you. Lost a cousin to alcohol and it is such a waste of not only his life but those left behind

Valley Bluenose

He cant run anymore apparently he was like that for years before he retired.
Did he not say as much to Merson? I though I heard him comment to Merson along the lines of ‘at least you could still do it at 28, I was well last my peak by then’. I think.

jdm1873

Lee Hendrie still looks a good player. Some past though and clearly still haunts him.

He could have played for Scotland I remember him saying he was asked about it but it never really got going.

bilkobear

Quite enjoying it, Harry has good patter and not just on this programme. Had to laugh at Vinnie Jones smashing that San Marino player.
Regarding the flag, may or may not be but their used to be a London UDA Brigade.
Yeah the San Marino players had just begun to take a few liberties with the English players and Vinnie's timely intervention sorted that right out.

bilkobear

Lee Hendrie still looks a good player. Some past though and clearly still haunts him.

He could have played for Scotland I remember him saying he was asked about it but it never really got going.
It was sad what happened to the lad.
A very clever player in his day and clearly watching him he can still play.
Merson as well, what a talent!

WeeBaz78

Short of players again as the core few are carrying injuries! Where the fck are all the squad fillers from the last two episodes. And star striker Michael Owen..?

Liviger1984

Rob Lee walked passed me in the Livingston shopping centre and it was one of they...WTF is he doing here moments. Then remembered his son was playing with Hearts and he must have decided to visit up here and do a bit of shopping.

jdm1873

Cacau shouldn't be playing at 38 there again Vassell is only 39.

I thought they were playing 90 mins, only 60 minute game.

Mustang mad

great episode last night. Just love shows like these.
Anyway, John barnes- i noticed a few of the lads call him Digger.
Anyone shed any light????