Harry's heroes - ITV

Mustang mad

Cliff Barnes in Dallas was called Digger
Oh, right. Makes sense, cause when i first heard it I thought- erm are they trying to be smart about calling him something else!!!!
Weird, the older guys called him Digger, but the palyers from the 90s called him barnsy. Shows how quickly the connection to nick names can get lost, or just a lack of imagination.

captcaveman

Completely disagree about big Razor. I’ve met him numerous times only a few years back and he is an absolutely top bloke who has got time for everyone. He is a big character but great fun. And generous of spirit.

anytime Ive seen him on TV, he appears to be a massive pain in the arse.

Mani

Did he not say as much to Merson? I though I heard him comment to Merson along the lines of ‘at least you could still do it at 28, I was well last my peak by then’. I think.
Seen an interview with him where he talked about it. Said he spent most of his career afraid to sprint in case his hamstring went. Had to change his game because of it and was never the same.

ZanderK81

Just finished watching this on catch up and enoyed it. Find some of the abuse for the players and Redknapp on here bizarre.
Good bunch of guys and probably the last era of football characters we'll ever have.
Would love to have had the likes of Merson and Sheringham at Ibrox in thrre heyday and it wasn't unrealistic at the time.
I've never heard Redknapp or the majority of the players on this speak nothing but positively of Rangers ever.

Mustang mad

Just finished watching this on catch up and enoyed it. Find some of the abuse for the players and Redknapp on here bizarre.
Good bunch of guys and probably the last era of football characters we'll ever have.
Would love to have had the likes of Merson and Sheringham at Ibrox in thrre heyday and it wasn't unrealistic at the time.
I've never heard Redknapp or the majority of the players on this speak nothing but positively of Rangers ever.
I cannot imagine a show like this being made with any players from 2000 onwards.

TN8

The wife actually downloaded this series last night, I didn't know anything about it. We watched the first one, and my theory on David Seaman refusing to play against the nudist boys is that he's a repressed gay. I've always thought it and I'm taking that as evidence.

DejaVoodoo

The wife actually downloaded this series last night, I didn't know anything about it. We watched the first one, and my theory on David Seaman refusing to play against the nudist boys is that he's a repressed gay. I've always thought it and I'm taking that as evidence.
It was surprising his reaction. Especially with him being a fisherman.

You would think he would be comfortable dealing with tackle.

juanger

Met Razor outside a nightclub in Liverpool early 90's...big man was absolutely brand new, spoke for 10/15 mins genuinely at the end of the night, outside. Asked where we were from, what we were over for and was 100%.
Ince, Mcmanaman and Babb were absolute tools tho.
Always has Hendrie as a prick, dunno why, but came across ok.
Merson seems a genuine guy who's trying hard to fight off the demons.
Seamen laughing at fcukin everything annoys my happiness

Gee

That’s utter nonsense mate.
Not just my opinion obviously the England managers too and the youth and under 22 managers who picked him ahead of Bruce too remember these caps all came prior to his weight gain and injuries ( both probably linked) although Bruce was certainly not an athlete either he was a good defender but in all honesty he was carried by Pallister who was a Rolls Royce of a defender

Up the road

Watched all three episodes yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great camaraderie and team spirit amongst them. They played at a time when drinking on days off and gambling schools were all part of the game so no surprise one or two of them now have addiction issues. Would have loved some of them (probably any of them) to have played for us back in the day.