Harry's heroes - ITV

ssblue

Follow up to last year show sees Harry Redknapp manage a team of ex pro's on a tour of Europe.

Ruddock, Merson, Parlour, Sharpe, Le Tissier, Wright, Lee, Seaman etc.

On ITV just now.

Ruddock weighing in at 160kg is a shocker . Obviously someone who needs to be the centre of attention and that means being down the pub with the lads eating and drinking rubbish

Just on there that Ruddock is to have a pacemaker fitted! Ffs, he needs to get to grips with his weight and health in general now.
That was sad to see him and merson falling out, he obviously knows he has problems.

Merson can see the end for Ruddock unless he changes his ways.
Think Ruddock has his mental issues obviously and needs to be the life and soul, bit like Gazza in that respect.

Lee Hendrie is a decent chap, even though he openly claimed to be a Celtic fan when I met him in Bluebells in Puerto del Carmen.

more than happy to just sit and talk

Razor is some bloke. Mad to think how much football has changed since he was an elite level centre half

I remember last year's programme. Ruddock, 24 stone, can barely walk and is surprised when the surgeon tells him he's in danger of a heart attack or a stroke.

Lee Hendrie is a decent chap, even though he openly claimed to be a Celtic fan when I met him in Bluebells in Puerto del Carmen.

more than happy to just sit and talk
His Dad (Paul) is a bitter one. His Cousin, John Hendrie doesn't disguise it either

Loved it last year and so watched it tonight.
Liked how seaman just point blank refused to play against the lads with their tadgers out, "I played for England, I am off"
Ruddock, to seems like a tit of a man, but those who know him all say he is a top bloke, so I hope he sorts himself out.
Merson still has the touch

Is Robbie Fowler involved in this years?

I would say he was the diffeeence between England and the Germans last year.

I’ll never forget Ruddock being on Soccer AM saying when he stopped playing football he didn’t know how to look after himself. Never made himself a doctor’s or dentist appointment. Didn’t know how to cook or just fend for himself. And when he packed it in, that was it. Gone, you’re on your own.

Fair play to Seaman not playing in some gutter ITV stitch up playing a nudist side, fair play to Merse calling out Razor and that was a tough watch at the end his Missus needs to get a grip of the big man's lifestyle and stop fuelling the big lump. Mark Wright looks like he's heided too many footballs and has a perma puzzled look about him. It's weird because I think they could easily make 2 different programmes. 1 of the lads and the banter and another of the evils of gambling and alcoholism once pros leave the game

Ruddock is an absolute wank.

Shite as a footballer, shite at looking after himself and shite to watch in the telly.

Felt a bit sorry for Merson, confined to his room while they all got on it, but at same time I suppose he wasn’t under any obligation to stay, or even join up in the first place.

Ruddock's autobiography resembles one of those non-fiction, gansters-gangland books that you free with a newspaper. Just in the preface of the book it records that he broke both of Andy Cole's legs in a reserve match, ran fifty yards to head butt an opponent and gave Robbie Fowler a good slap for being 'a bit too lippy'.

Not exactly a good role model for young players when he was playing and seemingly still not with last night's progamme!

Never been a fan of Razor, but I hope he can get himself sorted or he won’t be here next year

Lot of kids watching that why the team with todgers hanging out .... ffs with the scandles of abuse in football this wasn't needed ... fair play David seaman taking nothing to do with that.
Little known fact, most of that team came through the ranks at the French wing of Sellick Boys Club.

Ruddock annoyed me. Absolute waster even though he's had a "wake up call" from cardiologists after last year's programme. Then he's saying to the guys that he's needing a pacemaker.

Even worse is his missus sobbing to the cameras about how she's struggling with keeping an eye on him with his health but she's down the pub with him and his "mates" on it as well. Some support network that is.

Merson has annoyed me in the past but fair play to him for overcoming his demons and then calling out Ruddock.

Merson showed he is still as player - goal he scored , he bent his run to avoid being offside , instinct still there.

Off field I have always regarded him as a twat on Sky , but his honesty was refreshing , and now has second family and supportive wife lets hope he can fight the demons. Fact he wanted go to Enlish speaking AA meeting in Paris speaks volumes! Mind you they might teach him to speak English !

You had to feel for Merson there. He's been mates with Ruddock since they were 16 and he sees him killing himself.

Ruddock is one of those guys who is the life and soul of the party and has to be the centre of attention.
Ruddock comes across as a guy who cannot switch off. As you say, he has to be in the middle of it all and probably doesn't realise the harm he is doing to himself. Not sure his wife is overly concerned in helping him.

Hopefully this will be a wake up for him and he can sort himself out.

I'm sure he was linked with us at one point in his career.

Back