Harry's heroes - ITV

Saw Ruddock on celebrity masterchef and thought he came across quite well on that.

Wasn’t too shabby a chef either.

Merson showed he is still as player - goal he scored , he bent his run to avoid being offside , instinct still there.

Off field I have always regarded him as a twat on Sky , but his honesty was refreshing , and now has second family and supportive wife lets hope he can fight the demons. Fact he wanted go to Enlish speaking AA meeting in Paris speaks volumes! Mind you they might teach him to speak English !
called that out to no one else in my living room at the time!!! That and the sublime wee chip.
The legs may be slower but it just shows you can keep the football brain and the touch.

Fair play to Seaman not playing in some gutter ITV stitch up playing a nudist side, fair play to Merse calling out Razor and that was a tough watch at the end his Missus needs to get a grip of the big man's lifestyle and stop fuelling the big lump. Mark Wright looks like he's heided too many footballs and has a perma puzzled look about him. It's weird because I think they could easily make 2 different programmes. 1 of the lads and the banter and another of the evils of gambling and alcoholism once pros leave the game
I'd have been interested to see what happened with Seaman after he walked off, next time we saw him he was all loved up with his wife.

Ruddock is a walking heart attack.

He’s just told them he’s going to get his heart jump started as it’s beating irregularly and has high blood pressure. Next scene he’s in a pub ordering a beer and double vodka and in an Indian restaurant.
Free holiday for them, I don't get the fascination for giving money to has beens like Ruddock

Merson showed he is still as player - goal he scored , he bent his run to avoid being offside , instinct still there.

Off field I have always regarded him as a twat on Sky , but his honesty was refreshing , and now has second family and supportive wife lets hope he can fight the demons. Fact he wanted go to Enlish speaking AA meeting in Paris speaks volumes! Mind you they might teach him to speak English !
My teenage son rolled his eyes at me as I squealed "Ooft look at, the way he's held his run and finished with a lovely chip, he's still got it" :p

I get why Seaman was like "F.uck this" when the nude football team turned up but his line "I didn't play in the World Cup Finals to end up in a game like this" (I'm paraphrasing there) as he stropped off the park was a bit Elton John-esque.

Don't get the posters moaning about the show. It's just something that lets you switch your brain off and have a laugh at- ignoring the fact that Ruddock is a walking death trap and Merson is one crisis away from hitting the bottle again- hope I'm wrong on both points obviously!
If you don't like it, don't watch it!!!
Also meant to say: I was shocked at how haggard Lee Hendry and Lee Sharpe looked. They looked like they were in their early 50's. That party boy lifestyle finally catching up methinks!

Completely disagree about big Razor. I’ve met him numerous times only a few years back and he is an absolutely top bloke who has got time for everyone. He is a big character but great fun. And generous of spirit.
Yeah, I have always heard decent things about Razor.
Likeable is about the worst thing said about him, until I logged into this thread that is. :oops:

I am pretty sure that the early stages of the series has the guys encouraged by the production staff to go out and get blocked and eat what ever they like. Wouldn't make great TV if it had them living some monk like existence in some health farm with them all obeying Harry's every word.

Ruddock is a walking heart attack.

He’s just told them he’s going to get his heart jump started as it’s beating irregularly and has high blood pressure. Next scene he’s in a pub ordering a beer and double vodka and in an Indian restaurant.
Cuts a tragic figure. Doubt he'll live long in that state.

You had to feel for Merson there. He's been mates with Ruddock since they were 16 and he sees him killing himself.

Ruddock is one of those guys who is the life and soul of the party and has to be the centre of attention.

what a load of shite Merson was only raging cause he’s dying for a drink rather than sitting alone while the rest of them get pished

Decent watch, light entertainment, you wonder how they let themselves get so badly out of shape.

You've got to remember these guys trainee every day as soon as they stopped playing they probably continued eating the same but didnt have the training to then burn it off

Quite enjoying it, Harry has good patter and not just on this programme. Had to laugh at Vinnie Jones smashing that San Marino player.
Regarding the flag, may or may not be but their used to be a London UDA Brigade.

Read his book last year.The amount he was gambling was unbelievable.

I‘m distraught when my tenner coupon is down never mind thousands and thousands of pounds

I am pretty sure that the early stages of the series has the guys encouraged by the production staff to go out and get blocked and eat what ever they like. Wouldn't make great TV if it had them living some monk like existence in some health farm with them all obeying Harry's every word.
Spot on mate, it makes for good tv watching them get pished, imagine the same show in 20 years time...Gareth Southgate takes a team of ex England players including Harry Kane, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Deli Ali, Harry Mcguire.....that will be exciting :D

Didn't know the Harry Redknapp car crash story.

Still affects him 30 odd years later. I guess it would never leave you.
I think every show hes done he talks about it, i remember him talking about it in the jungle, and on Piers Morgan life stories he went into great detail. No doubt about it, effects him to this day.

I watched the first 2 last night , really looking forward to tonight’s episode.

They could do with carrager , Ashley Cole , Joe Cole , stevie Gee , lampard , crouch , Gareth Barry etc

I hope Ruddock an sort himself out. No matter what people think of him hes fot a young family.Its a bastard of a thing if it gets hold of you. Lost a cousin to alcohol and it is such a waste of not only his life but those left behind

He cant run anymore apparently he was like that for years before he retired.

Did he not say as much to Merson? I though I heard him comment to Merson along the lines of ‘at least you could still do it at 28, I was well last my peak by then’. I think.

Lee Hendrie still looks a good player. Some past though and clearly still haunts him.

He could have played for Scotland I remember him saying he was asked about it but it never really got going.

Back