Harry's heroes - ITV

Quite enjoying it, Harry has good patter and not just on this programme. Had to laugh at Vinnie Jones smashing that San Marino player.
Regarding the flag, may or may not be but their used to be a London UDA Brigade.
Yeah the San Marino players had just begun to take a few liberties with the English players and Vinnie's timely intervention sorted that right out.

Lee Hendrie still looks a good player. Some past though and clearly still haunts him.

He could have played for Scotland I remember him saying he was asked about it but it never really got going.
It was sad what happened to the lad.
A very clever player in his day and clearly watching him he can still play.
Merson as well, what a talent!

Short of players again as the core few are carrying injuries! Where the fck are all the squad fillers from the last two episodes. And star striker Michael Owen..?

Rob Lee walked passed me in the Livingston shopping centre and it was one of they...WTF is he doing here moments. Then remembered his son was playing with Hearts and he must have decided to visit up here and do a bit of shopping.

Cacau shouldn't be playing at 38 there again Vassell is only 39.

I thought they were playing 90 mins, only 60 minute game.

great episode last night. Just love shows like these.
Anyway, John barnes- i noticed a few of the lads call him Digger.
Anyone shed any light????

Cliff Barnes in Dallas was called Digger
Oh, right. Makes sense, cause when i first heard it I thought- erm are they trying to be smart about calling him something else!!!!
Weird, the older guys called him Digger, but the palyers from the 90s called him barnsy. Shows how quickly the connection to nick names can get lost, or just a lack of imagination.

great episode last night. Just love shows like these.
Anyway, John barnes- i noticed a few of the lads call him Digger.
Anyone shed any light????
Digger Barnes was a character in Dallas which was a popular show in the 80's. I'm guessing its got something 2 do with that.

Completely disagree about big Razor. I’ve met him numerous times only a few years back and he is an absolutely top bloke who has got time for everyone. He is a big character but great fun. And generous of spirit.

anytime Ive seen him on TV, he appears to be a massive pain in the arse.

Terrible. I remember thinking “what a prick” due to the reporting of his bankruptcy but the papers as usual only tell half a story.
The poor sod has had a nightmare and he looks like he’s not out of the woods yet.

What's the story? I didnt see it

Did he not say as much to Merson? I though I heard him comment to Merson along the lines of ‘at least you could still do it at 28, I was well last my peak by then’. I think.
Seen an interview with him where he talked about it. Said he spent most of his career afraid to sprint in case his hamstring went. Had to change his game because of it and was never the same.

Just finished watching this on catch up and enoyed it. Find some of the abuse for the players and Redknapp on here bizarre.
Good bunch of guys and probably the last era of football characters we'll ever have.
Would love to have had the likes of Merson and Sheringham at Ibrox in thrre heyday and it wasn't unrealistic at the time.
I've never heard Redknapp or the majority of the players on this speak nothing but positively of Rangers ever.

Just finished watching this on catch up and enoyed it. Find some of the abuse for the players and Redknapp on here bizarre.
Good bunch of guys and probably the last era of football characters we'll ever have.
Would love to have had the likes of Merson and Sheringham at Ibrox in thrre heyday and it wasn't unrealistic at the time.
I've never heard Redknapp or the majority of the players on this speak nothing but positively of Rangers ever.
I cannot imagine a show like this being made with any players from 2000 onwards.

The wife actually downloaded this series last night, I didn't know anything about it. We watched the first one, and my theory on David Seaman refusing to play against the nudist boys is that he's a repressed gay. I've always thought it and I'm taking that as evidence.

Back