Has Aribo been our best player so far this season?

No coincidence that we win 3-1 away to Livi with Aribo in the middle instead of two holding midfielders.

Has to be our best team from now on we are so much more dangerous

Yes absolutely and most importantly he’s been consistent! Even when he misses chances or gives ball away he never hides.
Can’t wait to see him improve under Gio Mckaay and Vos

Surely a rhetorical question? Of course he has been our best player so far this season - no doubt in my mind.

No, did well today for his goal and some link up play in the first half but usual invisible self in the second.

I would say yes. Boys a class act gets into great positions and 1v1s there's only ever one winner

Yep, he has. I’ve been banging on about how good this boy is since we signed him and still think he can be even better. My biggest concern, and it should also be Wilson’s, is that his contract is up at the end of next season. We need to do everything we can to tie him down - goes for Kent and Morelos, also.

It's a strange one, he's been really good but you still expect more.
I think Gio has him in a role where he can really improve, start adding goals to his game and develop a lot more.

Probably, still feel there’s a lot more to come from him in terms of goals and assists

Yes, POTY for me as it stands and I think he will only get better, he was always Gerrards square peg if you like, with a settled run in one position we will see him improve further.
To ping in a finish like that yesterday after the howlers he missed on Thursday also says a lot, not many would have taken that on and executed it so well.
The boy has bags of talent, when it all clicks sadly we won't hold on to him.

Yes, POTY for me as it stands and I think he will only get better, he was always Gerrards square peg if you like, with a settled run in one position we will see him improve further.
To ping in a finish like that yesterday after the howlers he missed on Thursday also says a lot, not many would have taken that on and executed it so well.
The boy has bags of talent, when it all clicks sadly we won't hold on to him.

I think only the second on Thursday was a howler.

easily and i really don't get the negative stuff he gets on here at times.
kent will spread the weight off his shoulders now as well .aribo is a superb player

No coincidence that we win 3-1 away to Livi with Aribo in the middle instead of two holding midfielders.

Has to be our best team from now on we are so much more dangerous
Given how imperious we were last season it’s difficult to say Gerrard’s tactics were unsound. He had his way of playing and he was determined to stick with it even when it wasn’t paying the sort of dividends we should have ordinarily expected against poor domestic opposition.

I think it’s far too early to suggest we’re a different animal under Gio, but giving someone as naturally talented as Aribo a more central, freer role and setting us up to be more direct and attack minded was something many of us have been crying out for for ages and in that respect it tends to hint at the stubbornness and inflexibility of the previous regime.

There are still big questions about the defence however and we do need to be more ruthless up front, but there have been some encouraging signs.

Ah the clown who wants Aribo out of the team. I remember you now. Go back to the golf mate because you know fcuk all about football
Do you often have tantrums when you read things on internet forums you don't agree with ? Maybe see someone about that.

If he adds consistent goals and assists to his game he will go for more than anyone else we have IMO. He has everything else, and has started taking on more responsibility and wanting the ball every game now.

He's been way more consistent this season. If he can keep improving his finishing he could bag some decent numbers this season. I love watching him, unbelievably skilful.

This isn't a criticism but I still don't feel he's playing to the best of his ability! Hopefully the new management team can push him on because there's still a few gears he can go up

Back