Has helicopter Sunday been on these Sportcene re-runs?

greigsdestiny

Noticed it was club football the first few wks (fri & sun) but now it’s switched to internationals from yesteryear but don’t know if I missed the biggest one of the lot from recent times, the 2005 classic

It might be the simple case of the rights

Setanta had the main live contract but can't remember if BBC or STV had the terrestrial highlights package

Ironically,it was meant to have been shown the week the filth got given the title. As mentioned above,just shows that strange things can happen in football. Better not show it.....maybe people will forget.

Not to back the BBC up but did think it was strange to see it scheduled in the first place as STV had the terrestrial highlight package at the time.

It destroyed them as human beings, we are now left with the foaming mouthed bheasts who snarl at everything Rangers.
No way will it be shown.

BBC didn't have coverage of Helicopter Sunday. The rights sat with Setanta & STV at the time

I have to admit that I was surprised when I first read on here that the BBC was going to show the games as they panned out on that day. My memory of the Easter Road commentary was that it was done by Gerry McNee and that he did not work for the BBC.

I have to admit that I was surprised when I first read on here that the BBC was going to show the games as they panned out on that day. My memory of the Easter Road commentary was that it was done by Gerry McNee and that he did not work for the BBC.
Geraldo McPish :D

Setanta and STV had the TV rights. Radio Clyde didn't have the radio rights but still produced the most memorable commentary.

it was due to be shown on Friday 22nd May which would have been 15 years after it happened, it's quite obvious that somebody pulled the plug because their heroes had been "given" a title a few days before and they couldn't show something where a title looks unwinnable and then is won by the team that nobody gave a chance to

it's Euro 92 next weekend so I expect the club stuff other than probably a random scum cup win has probably gone

Look at shagger. :))

res3.png
res3a.png

Back