Has Pedro got what's required ?...

Im ever hopeful but the last 5 years has taught me to be cautious of bandwagon jumping.

Do you not think Pedro understands the club and us more than Warburton? I always felt that Warburton just said what he thought we wanted to hear without understanding it

He throw's out a few WATP's and bans green boots and morons lap it up. Meanwhile we have suffered unprecedented humiliation after humiliation on his watch.

Hope he has, but I doubt it. Nice man, not good enough for us. I remember he showed the journalists how the bheasts played football in the SC semi final, using salt cellers. 6 days later, we got our biggest humiliation against them at Ibrox ( the semi final was the worst I had ever seen at Hampden).
I actually thought he had learned from that and would set us up to win. It still annoys me to see the way Tierney, Armstrong and Sinclair had a 3 v 1 regularly against Tav. Where was Hyndman ? From my seat in GR 7, he was posted missing/hiding/playing to instruction.

Not convinced he does. Already gave us a few horrendous results in his short time here and hasn't really done anything tactically to make me think he's got it.

He's also taken a huge gamble by spending a huge chunk of our transfer budget on the two Mexicans.

I still think he needs to cycle a few players out the team to be replaced by better quality, in the mean time he needs the squad to settle and start finding some consistency in performances. Introducing Pena into the side successfully while getting results is vital to keep the wolves from the door.
I really hope he does it for us as we can't keep changing managers every season.
We need referees to do their job properly when they take charge of our games too.

He has the perfect attitude to be the Rangers manager but we have to start seeing something tangible on the pitch and it has to be consistent.

At the moment pretty much everyone is game to game with him, if he goes on a winning run then the odd dropped point will be forgiven.

Personally, I think there's thousands that will just never forgive him for that 5-1 game.

Fingers crossed as I'd absolutely love him to succeed and get it right up all the doubters , especially that c@nt Sutton

I go between. I think he's smarter than many think and he's got a lot of the media sussed. I really want him to do it.

Desperately hope so, but not convinced I'm afraid. Like many others, I absolutely love his attitude and he is more than game to game for me, but I fear for him if we don't get a result against them in 3 weeks.

Like others have said, the results at the end of the season have left him little or no wiggle room.

My fear when we hit the top division was that we'd go through 3-4 managers over first few years due to inability to match Celtic. I still feel that way.

I think we need to compete against Celtic on 23rd to keep the fans and board convinced we are going in right direction.

I feel like more people are warming to Pedro, after Progres I was sure he was 1 defeat away to a lynch mob, personally I have tried not to judge him on anything last season, only since Progres, all Pedro needs is a positive result in the old firm and he'll be fine and get some breathing space.

I think he'll work, I'm convinced of it, he came into the summer with a plan, executed it and as far as I'm concerned this is only stage one.

If he can get a settled team and the midfield becomes more dominant then he can cement second place and go from there. My worry is that he is spending too much time fitting in Miller or Kranjcar.

Pena needs to hit the ground running.

I really hope so. Listening to him, all that he talks about, and the way he promotes and defends us is everything we want from a manager.

However I can't help but have concerns that while he says all the right things, he just isn't sure how to turn those ideas into reality. There has been too many alarming moments so far and there has not been enough signs of promise yet to tip the balance in the positive.

I think he probably does if given time. I was talking to my brother about this tonight and we were saying as the ten in a row draws closer I think either the board will get rid or fan pressure will force them to get rid.
I hope we give him a few years and the money to see his vision but sadly I don't think he will get it

Lovely man. Really want him to succeed for the sake of our support and secondly for himself. However, I have always maintained his appointment was an uneccessary risk, given his very average record during his managerial career. Would be surprised if Pedro is with us at the start of next season.

I hope so but if we take another tanking at home and then confidence will drop and if we then start dropping more points then I don't really think he will have a way back. I'm just not so sure about Pedro

Very much doubt it tbh. Apart from the sheep game last year he hasn't showed any signs of being able to Manage us successfully and there have also been countless embarrassments.

My only real question is who's next? If it was up to me I would be tempted to go for someone steady and reliable like Big Sam.

I am absolutely positive that Pedro does have what it takes.

The amount of disguised racism that is going on in the scottish mhedia is appalling. I'll now quote a line from a chick flick my wife forced me to watch "just because I speak with an accent doesn't mean I think with an accent"

I genuinely believe Pedro is an excellent coach and will succeed. The issue for me is not his ability, it is the degree of support we are able to offer him by comparison to the tramps right now.

I think he has it to succeed but he is up against cunts in the Scottish media. They are vermin.

Also there is a few bears who don't seem to want to give him time. He needs time and we will see how things are at the end of the season

I don't think so. Any time we play a half decent team we struggle. Progres was unforgivable too. I like the guy though. Hope I'm proved wrong and he can get us back where we belong

I really would love it if he goes on to be a huge success. He deserves it after all the shite he has put up with from the mhedia!

I'm still not sure about Pedro but I'm willing to give him a chance.I will always support the manager of our great club.

I think Pedro has adopted the right attitude and approach to managing our club, with particular focus on how he has responded to the dross hes been faced with by the media. Wether or not he has the tactical savvy to match remains to be seen.

I personally think with the fans backing things will turn out well for the big man in the games to come.

Pedro really needs his players to start showing up for him and winning him some time, especially the guys that he has brought in to replace those unceremoniously bombed out.

No guarantee he actually will, but he seems to know what is required to succeed and I hope it will happen for him! Like the fact he is willing to change tactics and rather than playing for draw/tight loss he would rather go for a victory. Time will tell whether he will be a success or not but personally I believe he will be and I hope in time I will be proven right

I think hes got what is required yes.

What I do know is us the fans have been crying it for someone to stick up for our club, someone who seems to 'get' it.

I also know I'm not having the same palpitations Everytime we concede a corner, our defense does their job.

Think we can get better and will become a more solid side with fit players pushing the first 11.

Onwards and upwards

Do you not think Pedro understands the club and us more than Warburton? I always felt that Warburton just said what he thought we wanted to hear without understanding it

I'm sorry but Pedro has been more guilty of that than MW was. Dropping WATP in interviews and banning green boots. He will be gone by Xmas imo. However , he will have left us in a better place as a club because I believe we will have sellable assets in Morelos and cordoso , both will be sold for big big money eventually. There are others he has brought in who may end up having big resale value aswell. Unfortunately he has proved horribly inept tactically on multiple occasions . This will lead to inconsistent results.

All I have is hope.
We'd need a lot of things starting to go our way.
Think we're 4 or 5 players short of what's required and this'll eventually cost him.

Yes, I believe so. And as an aside, I think he comes across as a real good, thoughtful guy and a gent.

I hope so, the media and some on here have it in for him. He might need a bit of luck here and there but who doesn't.

I think he can. Im slightly worried about MOH comments but hoping it was just backlash from the player. I want him badly to succeed. I think he can do it. Vote 4 Pedro

Impossible to say, at the moment he's one result away from significant fan pressure. Needs to put together a run of results.

I certainly hope he is the man

I really hope Pedro can succeed. We will find out if we have closed the gap between us and the vermin later this month.

I think too many of our fans listen to the media and aren't even willing to give Pedro the chance to prove what he's capable of.

Back