Has Steve Clarke been caught talking shite?

TibbsyBear

As I remember he categorically denied any talks or approach from our board regarding the Manager’s position.

This seems to be how the Gaffer remembers it as well.

The Gaffer said “I remember an interview where Steve clearly says he was approached about the job, so was he or wasn’t he?”

Calling him out again.

Clarke clearly can't handle being a manager. His appearance and random behaviour are strange, looking very much like someone with an alcohol issue. But its the juvinile pish he's now spouting that will come back to haunt him. Our game is far from perfect, but if you can't show it some respect Clarke, f*** off back to your beloved London.

To be a good liar you need to be extremely switched on and remember what you've previously said. Clarke clearly isn't and has been found out to be a liar.

I think his get out here will be that it wasn't when Gerrard was appointed. He could easily claim it was at a number of times over the past four years.

He doesn’t look like he has a drink problem, he sometimes looks like he could do with a scrub though.

Pressure does funny things to people and remembering what they have told others before is a symptom of pressure.

Back