Has that Creep Beaton Had Any High Profile Games

Twosignals

That cheating Ref Beaton is it my mind, or has he been conspicuous, by his absence. I wonder if he has been inflicting his incompetences on the European Scene. When the green half of Edinburgh were playing at Hampden today, I just can't shake off that game at Ibrox, and that Barrister of a supposed referee. I just hope we do not get this incompetent anytime until he retires.

The guy is a cheat.

Totally unsuited to ever referee another one of our games, or his own team's

I’ll mark up our points total by an additional 3 points this year. We would have smashed hibs if Beaton had done his job that day.

is ontheline still using his old moniker? im sure he'll have something to say about him
I’ve seen him posting on the new board. He sees incidents from an angle fans rarely do as he is clearly a ref himself. Fans on a fans message board are never going to like referees and won’t like someone telling them the ref was right when it looks nothing like that from a fan point of view but people posting on a football forum are hardly neutral are they. There’s no need to dig him up on every decision. He tries to see it and explain it from the referees point of view, people should accept that and stop going on as if otl is running on the park and booting one in for the opposition. That post went on far too long... no I am not otl o_O

Reactions: TNT
Don't think for a minute he is a cheat but he is a woefull Ref who's on the spot decision making is a joke .

No. He cheated us out of 3 points. He ignored Stokes' slam dunk and his choke slam. He denied us an advantage by leaving him on the field of play. He ignored McGeoch and his many fouls.

He could not have possibly been that incompetent that day.... ergo.... IMO that means he cheated us out of a draw or a win. We dominated until his refusal to act started to cost us the game.

The players could not believe what was unfolding.... nor could 40 thousand Bears.

I’ve seen him posting on the new board. He sees incidents from an angle fans rarely do as he is clearly a ref himself. Fans on a fans message board are never going to like referees and won’t like someone telling them the ref was right when it looks nothing like that from a fan point of view but people posting on a football forum are hardly neutral are they. There’s no need to dig him up on every decision. He tries to see it and explain it from the referees point of view, people should accept that and stop going on as if otl is running on the park and booting one in for the opposition. That post went on far too long... no I am not otl o_O

I accept that you're not OTL, but how is your dad keeping anyway :D

Cheatin' Beaton is a fuckin cheat

I have never said this, ever, about any other ref.

Cheatin Beaton cheated us. He is a cheat

I'm the same. I made a lengthy post about it on The Facebook that night (only to be ridiculed by supporters of various other teams) and I tried to explain there and then that I have NEVER thought of any of the refs as actual cheats until that day!

He should never have refereed another game again after that day!!

Still hard to accept that refereeing atrocity. The most pathetic excuse of match officiating you'll see.

I think our referees are just incompetent - pure and simple. However, Beaton has a problem and it's as close to being a cheat as you can get. Therefore I think it's fine to label him one.

That cheating Ref Beaton is it my mind, or has he been conspicuous, by his absence. I wonder if he has been inflicting his incompetences on the European Scene. When the green half of Edinburgh were playing at Hampden today, I just can't shake off that game at Ibrox, and that Barrister of a supposed referee. I just hope we do not get this incompetent anytime until he retires.

Incredibly, I was just speaking to a septic supporter about this yesterday.
Neither of us could remember him getting Rangers or septic games since then.
I hadn’t read the replies so, I’ll guess I’m going to be put right!

Don't think for a minute he is a cheat but he is a woefull Ref who's on the spot decision making is a joke .

I’ve never, ever, accused a referee of cheating but, this man in that game, pushed the “honest mistakes” line to breaking point.
Incompetence of the highest level.
Beyond incompetence actually.

I think our referees are just incompetent - pure and simple. However, Beaton has a problem and it's as close to being a cheat as you can get. Therefore I think it's fine to label him one.

“Incompetence” implies not knowing or misjudging at best.
I’m still baffled by Beaton’s performance that day.
Really don’t know how to describe it.*

*Desperately trying not to accuse him of blatant cheating.

I saw with my own eyes Beaton advising Hibs players how to avoid a second booking/sending off. Jack was shown no such consideration for a nothing offence. Ergo a cheat.

The 1st half of the hibs match was the worst display of refereeing I have witnessed in my life

The Hibs game was the most sinister of a refereeing performance in recent times.
A very apt way of describing it, there were so many incidents with absolutely baffling decisions that i was truly questioning my understanding of the game. Hibs were allowed to play like a rugby league team,i was wondering whether rules had been changed and i wasn't aware of it.

I , like many others that day witnessed something scottish football fans have always hurled at referees ' Your a cheating bassa ref' without actually thinking that they were cheating, we just all thought incompetence regarding maybe 1 or 2 decisions a game but feck me that theory changed that day, BEATON is a CHEAT, way too many decisions that he missed, got wrong or went in favour of hibs that day.

Can’t agree, Beaton in consistently poor in his decisions against Rangers, if these were maybe spread over all the teams you could say he was poor that is not the case. He is a cheat.

To be fair I don’t think I’ve seen OTL say a ref made a wrong call in about 10 years of posting.

He was the ref in the Dundee v Celtic cup game at Dens Park where he gave them a penalty for an outrageous Sinclair dive, and let McGregor stay on the park for a ridiculous two footed lunge.

A Dundee player also done a leg breaker challenge in which he didn't even look at the guy... so to sum up - he was just as rotten as before.

Can’t agree, Beaton in consistently poor in his decisions against Rangers, if these were maybe spread over all the teams you could say he was poor that is not the case. He is a cheat.
It is over every team mate, he is just a bad Ref but when under pressure he becomes worse.

To be fair I don’t think I’ve seen OTL say a ref made a wrong call in about 10 years of posting.
I have. I’m sure he has said a few times there’s been wrong decisions but tried to explain how the ref might get to that decision. I’m not sticking up for any decision or ref I’m only saying that every ref thread is turning into an otl bash which is unfair.
As for Beaton I couldn’t believe the reaction to Tav being slam dunked, it was a red even if it was in the first minute. I never saw Jack do anything more than get a bit involved but the guy next to me said “what’s he doing that in front of the ref for?” When I asked what happened he said he put his head in and will probably go off. My own opinion is that refs are caught up in the country wide anti Rangers feeling and take the easy route.

Not just a cheat but a coward. Basically scared to be seen to be neutral in that game. He knew the eyes of the media were on him and would slaughter him if he gave us anything. It was obvious after the game. Hardly anything in the press and he just carried on reffing.

Back