Has this been a good season for us?

More like a very frustrating season coz the filth were there for the taking and we continually shot ourselves in the foot with our inconsistency

From a European perspective yes,Improved our league position,yes.

SG wasn't brought in to win the league in his first season,he was brought in to improve the team and do better in Europe and in doing so has brought millions into the club which was very important and has allowed us to move forward,King was also adament that progress in Europe was very important as it would give our finances a big boost which we needed.

I don't see the same scramble from the media about Rodgers,he wasn't brought in to win them the league he was brought in to improve them in Europe and he failed miserably,but you don't see the usual suspects in the media puting the boot into them.

Yes at times this season you wondered if it was just possible we might just win the league and at times things were looking promising when we went on good runs of form,only then to revert to type by dropping stupid points against teams we should be beating and a poor run of form put hope right out of the window,the joys of being a Rangers fan.

Next season for me will be the real test for SG along with even more pressure,summer signings will have to be of better quality and the team will have to be much more consistent in order to achieve our goal,the upside will be the unwashed don't have the champions league money and will have to sell if they bring in players,they also aren't by anymeans a cert to qualify for the groups either and could again fail to proceed and no big money from the champiuons league,so i can't see them spending big in the summer for that very reason and i reckon they will be perhaps on a par with what we spend,but we need to bring in players who are better than anyone they bring in.

We need to get business sorted quickly as the European games start early in the summer and the bonus being if we finish second we have one less round to play this year,another good run in Europe will bring us further millions and put the club in a good place financially,hopefully also see a couple of the young players promoted to the first team and a good start to our season with a good run of form could see the dream become a reality under SG.

Many threads on this recently, but ultimately:
- Too many stupid points dropped in the league in a season where the filth have been there for the taking
- In three OF matches beat them comfortably in one and ran them close in another, so definite improvement there, unless we have a horror show at Ibrox
- Two cup exits in Glasgow to an (at best) workmanlike Aberdeen, and both games we failed to turn up
- A mixed bag of signings, on the overall side of a narrow fail
- A very good effort to make the EL group stages with a lot of new players and early in the season

Overall that feels like at best a 7/10, but probably a 6.

I have a feeling that if we beat the Yahoos in the final OF clash and extend our lead over third place into double figures by the end of the season and you ask this question again, you’ll probably get a different answer.

In short: the season isn’t over yet.

I have a feeling that if we beat the Yahoos in the final OF clash and extend our lead over third place into double figures by the end of the season and you ask this question again, you’ll probably get a different answer.

In short: the season isn’t over yet.

Same people labeling it a deadful season are the same posters who were touting Aberdeen were going to catch us after Celtic had beaten us. They'll never be happy.

Probably the type of f*nnies who moaned about Walter not winning the title the season we reached Manchester.

I think Rangers will win the OF game, but to be honest it means the square root of fk all. teams lose meaningless games every season once the title is decided especially with a final to come.

The best thing about this season has been the OF games. Going into them without the terrors is a step in the right direction, but a long way to go IMO. They know they arent very good and will certainly be looking to improve their squad in the summer.

Massive improvement from last season. We’ve played some great football and I’m confident going into every game now. Last season I feared the worst at times, particularly against that mob. If Gerrard can get his wingers to score goals and a bit more consistency then we’ll be right in against the trophies next season.

I’d say yes it’s been a good season but it hasn’t felt like one.

The Tim’s were there for the taking and I think we all got carried away after December and that’s why it doesn’t feel a good season imo.

We are closer than many thought we have outplayed and out performed them over the last two old firm games we couldn’t say that before for a long time and European football was brilliant for us.

Another way to judge the season and how this management are the right people imo is when our season was over last year we fell off a cliff and didn’t recover this time we did we bounced back to claim 2nd when many including myself feared the worst.

We are moving in the correct path and I cannot wait to see Gerrards Bears roaring out the traps next season we will have too much for everyone imo.

Nope. Not one trophy or even appearance in a final. Not good enough but signs are there we are going in the right direction.

Back