Has TLB Lost the Dressing Room?

I can’t see Milan giving much fucks about the Europa league mate
Not so sure. The fact they were in pot 3 suggests they could do with earning some co-efficient points, particularly if they have designs on CL qualification next year. Think they'll certainly want to get out of the group, so they won't want to be dropping points in game 1.

Reactions: TQ3
What are the chances they try and bring in Steve Clarke if things don't go well over the next few games.

What are the chances they try and bring in Steve Clarke if things don't go well over the next few games.

Steve Clarke at celtc is like hiring Davie Moyes to boss Man Utd , just polar opposites in styles and ethos

Sorry to go off topic, but who are the 6 starters missing?

are the just counting any first team squad member out as a starter?
I love this. 3 of the players they had out have been playing Centre back -so are they saying it they’d been fit their back 4 would have been Bitton, Julien and El Hamed with Duffy and Ajer dropped?
Or would hamed have replaced the unstoppable Frimpong at right back?
They genuinely had 3 missing who would have probably started.

we had 1 definitely in Aribo and maybe 2 in Roofe.
As usual the truth and the mhanks is like oil & water - they just don’t mix.

Need to wait and see.... so far this is very much like last season for them, so let's see if they go on to drop more points or go on a decent run.

Steve Clarke at celtc is like hiring Davie Moyes to boss Man Utd , just polar opposites in styles and ethos
Absolutely, can you imagine your average mentally challenged when Clarke sets out to park the bus at home to St Mirren?! They would go tonto.

I have a theory that there are issues between TLB and the three French players. He’s already had issues with Julien in the past and there’s rumours this is still ongoing (they could be unfounded but it’s nice to speculate). Ntcham genuinely looks like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world. Edouard has also looked nowhere near the player he has been for them and also hasn’t looked remotely interested anytime I’ve seen him this season.

Another year without Champions League football and being managed by an alcoholic tramp must be taking its toll.

Compare them to our players who look so much hungrier and as if they’d run through a brick wall for Gerrard.

Sure looks like it!
If so hope he is not canned
He must stay at least till May!

No.

Until we see evidence that they are going to drop points regularly to the other 10 this kind of talk is a waste of time and energy.

They won 7 games back to back between the draw with Killie and losing to Us. I'd be looking for failure to win more than 3 back to back as proof that they have lost it. Form, dressing room, belief, whatever. We need to see them dropping points to the rest.

Their next 3 league games are Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs. All away from home.

If they win those 3 then we will be under pressure to match them (I think they are the early kick off each Sunday). If they drop anything then maybe he has lost the dressing room.

No point getting excited about a potential timplosion yet. Its all about what we can do right now. Would love to see us go on an extended winning run now and see if they can handle it.

One thing is certain Lennon WILL not take the blame,he'll throw the players under the bus as he did at Hibs

Like he did after getting papped out the Champions League recently as well.

Said there are players in the dressing room who don't want to be at the club - yet they're still there.

Long may it continue.

I'd absolutely love it if Brown & Lennon were here for us winning the league.

No.

Until we see evidence that they are going to drop points regularly to the other 10 this kind of talk is a waste of time and energy.

They won 7 games back to back between the draw with Killie and losing to Us. I'd be looking for failure to win more than 3 back to back as proof that they have lost it. Form, dressing room, belief, whatever. We need to see them dropping points to the rest.

Their next 3 league games are Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs. All away from home.

If they win those 3 then we will be under pressure to match them (I think they are the early kick off each Sunday). If they drop anything then maybe he has lost the dressing room.

No point getting excited about a potential timplosion yet. Its all about what we can do right now. Would love to see us go on an extended winning run now and see if they can handle it.

Whilst true that they've been picking up points, their performances have been abysmal other than Hibs. They have a very difficult November.

There is a rot for sure however most of the battles are in our hands including another few games against them. A stressful lead up to Christmas and most important dropping points is key as we have also been off the boil at certain points this year. We for sure have the measure of them in head to head these days and for that I am very proud however I dont see us picking up all 12 needed for a big enough gap not to still have serious concerns for the other cabal teams to folding even in the latter stages of games.

I have a theory that there are issues between TLB and the three French players. He’s already had issues with Julien in the past and there’s rumours this is still ongoing (they could be unfounded but it’s nice to speculate). Ntcham genuinely looks like he’d rather be anywhere else in the world. Edouard has also looked nowhere near the player he has been for them and also hasn’t looked remotely interested anytime I’ve seen him this season.

Another year without Champions League football and being managed by an alcoholic tramp must be taking its toll.

Compare them to our players who look so much hungrier and as if they’d run through a brick wall for Gerrard.

I think part of Celtic's lure to foreign players in recent years has been CL football and a promised move to the EPL. Each year that ticks by further diminishes each players value (contract wise) and the transfer fee reduces.

Now assume Rangers do win the title this year, there will be a fire sale at Celtic with the foreign players copping all of the blame and narrative shifting toward their disruptive influence costing them the title.

From what you read, all 3 players (Edouard, Ntcham and Julien) are doing enough not to be singled out but not doing enough to drive the side on. Looking at Brown on Saturday (spent) and Griffiths (finished), the Celtic title challenge is reliant on McGregor having the season of his life and form and fitness coming back to players that haven't had it after a dozen games of football this season.

It's churlish to write them off but this is the position we all hoped we would be in come the end of the first quarter of games. We must press home the advantage by beating Livingston, Kilmarnock and Hamilton over the next month.

When Rodgers dumped them and they brought in Lennon it was a massive turning point and the shift in power towards Rangers was now more of a reality rather than what looked like a pipe dream. It was now all down to timing.

What Celtic hoped for is that Lennon and his methods could bludgeon their way to the tainted 10 by any foul means possible and pray the wheels didn't come off before then, which they know will at some point.

Remember Lawell has turned to a man he jettisoned from the club previously. Rodgers leaving left them with little option, they could not risk a foreigner or a gamble from England, the Benitez and Mourinho stuff was laughable. They went with the safest option and thrown money at him to deliver their goal.

It was always about how fast our team developed and got the measure of them, we have proven we are now in that place.

He will only crack and lose his dressing room when the pressure intensifies, only we can do that. Anything else just now about their French boys, McGregor, Johnson, Broon, backroom analysts etc is all hearsay.

Yes there has been a few signs and soundbites which may indicate trouble at 'mill but we have all heard this before. This time we need to be ruthless and turn the screw.

Lots of good opinion on this thread. For me the bottom line is that the dhims have had no real challenge for a decade ... until now. Has the LB lost the dressing room? Highly likely as both parties are facing the prospect of not reaching '10' which they will forever be associated with.

Their delusional fan base think they are a football superpower, in reality their club is just paying big money to a handful of players that are a standard above SPL hammer throwers.

We on the other hand now look like a proper football unit again. The bench alone on Sunday was as pleasing as it gets. As Goldson confirmed at the weekend ... this process does not happen overnight.

Last edited:
Whilst true that they've been picking up points, their performances have been abysmal other than Hibs. They have a very difficult November.

Definitely but let's wait and see how the next few weeks play out.

They have a few tough away games but we also have Killie away.

Looking at our 1st quarter of the season we've gone away to Aberdeen, Hibs, Livingston, Tims, Motherwell, Plastic Pitch at Hamiltion and we've taken 14 points out of 18.

Now it's over to them to have those same away games over the next 11 matches.

If they are playing terribly but still winning then it means nothing if we aren't winning all our matches.

I want to see this Rangers team winning the next 7 or 8 league matches back to back.
Then maybe I'll look over their way to see if the dressing room is lost or whatever.

I think we can enjoy our current form and sitting in our current position without setting ourselves up to look a bit daft in the end.

Fair point. Guivarch and Boli never settled for us, maybe it's similar for them, but with the added pressure of dealing with Lennon.

Back