Has TLB Lost the Dressing Room?

No respect to the OP but how many times have we heard this all before?

We won one game of football against a team that was thrown together, and looked like they had all just met. History has shown us that one game doesn't make a season, and going by their reaction at the final whistle I think the management and players now get this too.
timmy revisionism they had what two new players one of which a seasoned pro who made a big hullaballoo about always wanting to play for them and knew all about the OF games
this was all practically their strongest team just like ours was

I'm going to give myself a bit of an insurance policy here and say we've been in this position a couple of times already and had these conversations before and it didn't turn out the way we hoped/expected but a blind man can see something isn't right over there – I do think that was also the case last season but they managed to find a way despite that. Us not being good enough and collapsing has been the main contributing factor to them not imploding.

Chucking the team under the bus again a few weeks ago, his captain completely contradicting everything he said, some very odd loan signings that reak of desperation, a total lack of a plan or tactical awareness from the players/manager yesterday, everyone and their dog saying they've been piss poor in pretty much every match this season (can't vouch for it personally) yet Lennon saying they've been great. It's also clear to see guys like Ntcham couldn't give a shit, Edouard apparently looking like he's chucked it and I've read a couple of rumours that that big idiot Julien has chucked it and has been dropped as well.

He may well manage to do the only thing he can and get a wee rallying call from his players, but something is off and it's down to use to keep cranking the pressure.

Any team can have a bad game - and admit it or not they were missing some key players (Edouard in particular would have scored that chance to make it 1-1).

They’ve also not been playing well - but have shown that they can grab late winners like at St Johnstone. That’s something we’ve failed to do in recent years - even at Livingston or Hibs this year we failed to do that.

So I certainly wouldn’t be writing them off - and they will hit a good run at some point.

But - how they respond next week will tell us a lot. If they dig out a win at Aberdeen it might suggest yesterday was just a blip. If they slip up, they then have trips to Fir Park and Easter Road and there could be a real opportunity for us to open up a proper gap.

More importantly though is how we respond. In that time we play Livi, Aberdeen and Hamilton at home and Killie away. We need 12 points out of 12 to really ramp up the pressure on them.

Last edited:
Far far to early for that kind of talk. We skelped them yesterday but other than that they still keep winning against everyone else.

He was always doomed to failure at Bolton, they were a club in severe trouble when he took over. His Hibs departure is a strange one though, has there been any light shone on what actually went on there?
A fall out over transfer budget and signing targets that led him calling MD Leanne Dempster “a f.ucking dyke” allegedly

Hard to say exactly but for the first time in a long time they have a challenge on their doorstep that has been building and is coming to fruition now. They have had things their own way for years. Not any more. We still have a lot of work to do though.

Last edited:
Did those players look like they were playing for him?

I'm not too sure as I've not seen them play this season bar 30 minutes at Rugby Park and yesterday. They were grinding out results prior to yesterday and hadn't been beaten domestically since December.

We never allowed them to play, they had no answers. Our game plan was excellent from start to finish.

We've been stung too often so this time it's head down and win football matches. We cannot let them off the hook.

We can say they are rotten, Lennon looks broken, on the verge of imploding but it counts for nothing until it actually happens. Us winning football matches and applying pressure will only make it that bit harder for Lennon and his team.

He's probably thinking we will slip up at Rugby Park.

We’ve heard all this before. Implosion for a few days after a defeat and we all rub our hands in glee.
This time we need to make sure we win all our games before the next international break and then add to that before the game in January.
We have already messed up twice at Livingston and Hibs and had we won them, the pressure on them after yesterday would have ramped up tenfold.
We cannot afford to let them off the hook again.
I don’t want the players thinking because we beat them easily yesterday then the job is half done.
Every game is just as crucial as yesterday’s and until we actually win something then we should not take the foot off the against anyone.
We know we have the better team, so it’s up to our players and management team to make themselves legends for ever.
Let’s do it.

I don’t want to jump the gun but that yesterday was the first time in over 10 years I’ve seen a scum team in an OF show little to no fight. That suggests to me that something may be wrong behind the scenes.

I could certainly believe it with the way treacle teeth chucks his players under the bus.
I said similar yesterday
In my life I can’t remember ever going to the Piggery and having it so easy.
Yes we gave them a good few doings at Ibrox but even at their worst they always gave us a game on their own patch.
It tells you all you need to know when we haven’t won 2 in a row at their midden since 1995, we have had some fantastic teams since then and still couldn’t do it.

things are obviously not right over there

Sure looks like it!
If so hope he is not canned
He must stay at least till May!
Just said that to a mate...in disarray with a new management team, unable to spend money till January OR keep Lennon..? The later any day as he’s crap!

He's apparently being treated for alcohol abuse and we all know he isn't all there mentally either so the guy will crack.

Normally I wouldn't joke on such a matter as it is rife these days and terrible for people but for this mutant he reeps what he sows.
His nose is as red as the old winos you used to see round about the shops in the schemes years ago

He certainly isn’t looking too healthy. Am I right in thinking he was taking those Snus chewing tobacco capsules yesterday?

Nah! He’s doing a fine job. Yesterday was all down to Covid. :rolleyes:

(Let’s not give them ideas. We want him there for the duration of the campaign)

Hope he has the rancid mentally challenged prick, f uck him there team and all there shitty support, absolute scum every last one of them, dirty rats.

Until they start dropping points regularly, I couldn’t care less.

This rumour crops up now and again.

Lennon is a recent master of creating a swing mentality, it’s exactly what they did at the start of this season.

only so far that goes right enough, slime players may get sick of it.

They have issues, Lennon pretty much admitted last month that Eduoard basically didn’t want to play and he was fit despite Eduoard saying he wasn’t.

He says 2 of his players aren’t fit yet, we’re a full round of games into the season, they look unfit, they look like they are blowing out there arse from the first whistle.

It’s clear looking in from the outside

Lennon also just isn’t himself, the arrogant bluster has gone, he looked utterly miserable yesterday and that wasn’t just the game, he’s clearly not right, it’s almost like he is sedated.

It all means nothing if we don’t put a run of wins together though, even a Celtic with issues will win the majority of there matches, they might leave it late and Labour but they win.

it’s up to us now

That’s the 1st domestic game they have lost since we beat them.......

Folk need to calm down a bit

I can see us dropping points at rugby park etc and we may need to win 3 if not all of the celtic games to win the league
Couldn’t agree more.

but we’ve been on the end of enough doings from them them since 2012 not to enjoy dreaming a little bit

I think this season we finally have a squad that is strong enough to win the league. A good mix of youth and experience and the whole squad look like they want to be here and everyone in the squad has contributed so far. We just have to make sure we keep the pressure on them and not drop silly points like we have done in previous seasons.

Their squad on the other hand looks like it's starting to fall a part. The French contingent don't look interested, Brown is finished, Griffiths is nowhere near the threat he once was, their new £5m keeper is shite, Ajer wants away and 3 of their first team starters are only there on loan. Their squad is going to need a huge overhaul very soon and if we can win the league this season and deny them a shot at the Champions League money then it might just be us enjoying a prolonged spell of dominance.

Couldn’t agree more.

but we’ve been on the end of enough doings from them them since 2012 not to enjoy dreaming a little bit
Rangers biggest danger this season is our mental strength, we as a club need (inc the fans) take each game as it comes and treat it like a cup final.

You could sense a nervousness even in the St Mirren game after the break last season because we didn’t score early.

I think will still have issues with this again this year.....I still think the Morelos as a lone striker tactic doesn’t work in a lot of the domestic games and creates a nervous one way approach

Gerrard finding a way to integrate Roofe and Itrent into the starting 11 over the next 3-4 weeks will have a massive impact on Wed where the title ends up.......far too many times last year he called on his ‘trusted’ players who ultimately let him down

Let's enjoy the win for the week but not kid ourselves on that they're on the verge of imploding. They're not that fragile.

Our best chance of that happening is to turn the screw on them, and then keep on doing it.
Some folk think that they underestimate us and it'll be their downfall, when, in recent years, we've underestimated them after every victory over them. They've won every domestic trophy available in the last 4 years FFS.

I'm really not bothered if he's lost the dressing room or not. We need to focus on our performances and so far so good. A lot of social media comments on how they are the worst celtc side for many a year. Yesterday they were only allowed to play if we let them. We didn't let them. The game plan was carried out to the gaffers instructions. For a few seasons now the narrative has been all about their stronger squad, better players, big spenders blah blah. Yesterday's result was blamed on the virus and their missing top players. Look at the injuries we have had since the start of the season and we are still top of the league. The media is full of compliant apologists who will give us as little credit as possible and look for small issues and turn them into "big bad Rangers sensationalism" We all know Lennon is a bigoted bully who has been dumped from every club he's managed, so let him self destruct. He will eventually. WATP.

I think he falls in & out with his squads like a yoyo, but unlike last season when he turned them around onto a winning run, the respect doesn't seem to be there.

5 years ago he would've been going mental on the touchline. He just sat there expecting it yesterday.

He has a core of Scottish players that have some pride in their football, how much that gets him through we will see. The frenchies I think are a little clique and I get the impression they are not happy.

Their next 3 games can ruin that team, but we thought that last year when we had supposedly our easy period and fcked it when they romped their hard fixtures.

Sorry to go off topic, but who are the 6 starters missing?

are the just counting any first team squad member out as a starter?
That’s exactly where they are doing. They had a few new signings starting yesterday - you would expect them to the “first choice” players now.
The value of the players who came on as substitutes makes a mockery of their poor mouth carry on about it.

They've always been crap in Europe, we know that.

I just checked...between the December win and yesterday's, the mentally challengeds played 24 games in domestic competition, they won 22 and drew 2.
It really is time the other teams in Scotland started doing something against that mob.
Fully agree mate, but it's even harder for the Diddy teams against them because if the tramps are struggling up steps a Clancy, Collum, Robertson etc and a timely penalty ensues.

I've heard rumours that his players have taken to slagging him off and laughing at him on the team bus on the way back from games.

Which is nice.

Good professionals like Edouard and McGregor must look at the fat tramp with the alki beacon nose and think, "what the fvck am I doing here".
Certainly looks like a good few want out.

He was always doomed to failure at Bolton, they were a club in severe trouble when he took over. His Hibs departure is a strange one though, has there been any light shone on what actually went on there?
No idea about the alleged slagging match with Leanne Dempster but what I do know is how is that Hibs were getting fed up with Lennon travelling back to Glasgow, going on a bender and left wondering if he would be “In the next day, the day after or even though the day after that.”
Source: a long serving member of Hibs non-playing staff.

He certainly isn’t looking too healthy. Am I right in thinking he was taking those Snus chewing tobacco capsules yesterday?

Ye, I think its wee bags like mini teabags. could see him going to take one out and the camera moved off him.

I want him to be the beggar manager that sees us win 55. The by product will be the hoardes will turn on him for losing 9.75. He wont be their manager this time next year.

After the euphoria of yesterday has diminished, I think we need to look at the situation we are in objectively. We are just 1pt. ahead of them (assuming that they win their game in hand) there's a lot of football still to play. TLB is going nowhere just yet!

But as to Lennon's status amongst his players, a few more dropped points would likely see some unrest bubble up. They aren't used to losing, and if they drop a few more and Rangers can keep winning opening up a significant lead, someone will have to carry the can for the situation. it won't be Lawwell that's for sure, more than likely it will be his bitch - TLB

Let's hope so. It would make our life so much easier if they start dropping points in routine games.

Whether he has or he hasn't our job is to keep winning football matches to win the league.

We can only focus on us.

Rangers biggest danger this season is our mental strength, we as a club need (inc the fans) take each game as it comes and treat it like a cup final.

You could sense a nervousness even in the St Mirren game after the break last season because we didn’t score early.

I think will still have issues with this again this year.....I still think the Morelos as a lone striker tactic doesn’t work in a lot of the domestic games and creates a nervous one way approach

Gerrard finding a way to integrate Roofe and Itrent into the starting 11 over the next 3-4 weeks will have a massive impact on Wed where the title ends up.......far too many times last year he called on his ‘trusted’ players who ultimately let him down
You could read that as a negative. You could also read it as the straight truth.

Good post!

I was speaking to a mate who is one of them. He reckons Lennon should go and he suspects that Lennon has lost the dressing room.
As a fun side fact he also told me that PSG slapped a 40% future transfer fee on.

I don’t care what anyone says,there’s definitely ‘trouble at the mill’ over in the east end.

Weather he’s actually lost the dressing room or to which extent he’s falling out with players we can only speculate but we’ve all watched football long enough to see the tell tale signs.

We need to stay focused and take things a game at a time but I do have a sneaky feeling the sheep will take points off them next weekend.

Latest posts

Back