Hastie ready to sign

We are getting him for peanuts. He's either on a purple patch or he has the potential to be a monster of a player when he develops, nobody knows for sure as he has so little game time to judge at first team level. The worst that can happen is he's a flash in the pan and doesn't develop into a first team player for us but if that happens, big deal. We are hardly pinning our title hopes on the lad.

He'll probably be sent out on loan in the summer if he isn't ready to make an impact in our first team on a consistent basis yet.

Agree with most of what you say, however, don't see us sending him out on loan.

He's an explosive talent and ready to burst on to the big stage. I think he'll set Ibrox on fire!

He's far more of a goal threat than any other wide player we have

He has a fantastic record this season

Anyone questioning the signing of a top young Scottish talent is quite frankly mental

I think we'll be looking to move Candeias on this summer if Hastie is being earmarked as a first team player. All efforts are going into keeping Kent up here, already brought in Jones, Hastie and Murphy returning as well.

I think we'll be looking to move Candeias on this summer if Hastie is being earmarked as a first team player. All efforts are going into keeping Kent up here, already brought in Jones, Hastie and Murphy returning as well.

That would leave us one right sided attacker - Hastie - and he's not at the level Candeias is yet.

When Hastie has done it in the big games, against the bheggars, on the European scene, then I'll drop Candeias for him. Candeias is more than good enough for a place in our squad.

Agreed, put a deposit down on Kent. I suspect we already know the cost after Gerrards visit to Liverpool.

Kent needs to be at the right money. For me he is a wee bit hit or miss not consistent enough. At 23 he is coming towards his peak years needs more of a goal threat and improved consistency.

Delighted with Hastie signing, especially for a development fee. He has been superb for Motherwell. Watched him a few times and hes a different player to what we have. He is very strong and will take a dig from outside the box. I think he can be some player for us over the years.

Back