Hastie ready to sign

Shettleston Harriers were a famous running club many years ago.

Not sure if they are still in existence.

Much of my early life was in Clydebank where there was Clydesdale Harriers ( a famous or otherwise running club ) hence my interest.

He’s a better goalscorer than Kent for one.

I think he will take many by surprise next year. His potential ability is far beyond Kent’s. And I say that as someone who rates Kent.

Where are you getting that from?

People have only seen glimpses of him and he looks like a potentially good player. How anyone can conclude that he has potential to go “far beyond” Kent, is well.....beyond me.

Dear god .

Who was highly rated as a 19/20 year old at Burnley.

Played out wide, cut inside, long range efforts, leggy (Hastie not as tall), took up positions inside the box, raw.

Hastie vs us came in from the right wing, got above Goldson and put a weak header over the bar. He found space inside the box and sclaffed it wide. His movement got the better of Flanagan, it was rolled into feet and he lost possession 15 yards from goal.

Still pretty raw but those three moments reminded me of Lafferty in his Burnley days when Coyle played him wide left.

Who was highly rated as a 19/20 year old at Burnley.

Played out wide, cut inside, long range efforts, leggy (Hastie not as tall), took up positions inside the box, raw.

Hastie vs us came in from the right wing, got above Goldson and put a weak header over the bar. He found space inside the box and sclaffed it wide. His movement got the better of Flanagan, it was rolled into feet and he lost possession 15 yards from goal.

Still pretty raw but those three moments reminded me of Lafferty in his Burnley days when Coyle played him wide left.

I don’t doubt your observations boss I’ve just never been a fan of Lafferty and the thought of signing another one fills me with dread

Shettleston Harriers were a famous running club many years ago.

Not sure if they are still in existence.

Very much still in existence mate and still one of the best athletic clubs in the country.

I don’t doubt your observations boss I’ve just never been a fan of Lafferty and the thought of signing another one fills me with dread
Lafferty first time around, although he had his detractors, was a very effective player for us. Usually coming out of cold storage around Jamuary February and scoring some very important goals.

Lafferty first time around, although he had his detractors, was a very effective player for us. Usually coming out of cold storage around Jamuary February and scoring some very important goals.

Yes he scored some important goals towards the end of seasons granted but it’s just my personal opinion that it doesn’t make up for the absolute dross he served up for the majority of the time .

Don’t get me wrong after his season at hearts last year I thought for 500k it might well be a decent idea to bring him back and that we may actually be getting a better all round player . I was wrong though the truth is he’s been absolutely diabolical again and his paltry return of 5 goals simply isn’t good enough .

I could see him returning to hearts perhaps as part of the souttar deal if it happens . He’s never going to be good enough to play regularly for us .

Hastie reminds me of a right sided, young Kyle Lafferty

The Well Gazelle...
c0zrUXN.gif

Last edited:
'far beyond', really? I hope you're right, of course, but I think you may be over egging it a bit.
Think so, Kent has came onto his game and I reckon we'll struggle to keep him now, he is a better player than Hastie is right now. IMHO.

Pretty happy with this news between him , Murphy and jones for the 2 starting spots I’d say

No chance! They will be competing for the spaces on the bench when everyone is fit. Kent and another wide forward will take the starting spots.

Our wide players haven’t scored anywhere near enough goals and from the description of how Hardie plays the game he may be seen as the longer term fix for this.

Out of interest what's Hastie and Jones games, goals and assists?

I think both good squad signings with potential IF they work for it now
Hastie has about 6 goals but only started getting picked after the winter break, 3 of them were screamers

Hastie and jones both have more goals and assists than our current wingers.

But aye, weakening, something like that.
Well thats an outright lie, god knows why you’ve made that up.

But anyway, assists aren’t a great stat. And if you really think they’re currently more talented than our wingers then...

Well thats an outright lie, god knows why you’ve made that up.

But anyway, assists aren’t a great stat. And if you really think they’re currently more talented than our wingers then...
Hastie has 6 goals in 12 appearances.

Kent has the same amount of goals in double the appearances. Jones same as candaeis

Kent has a 6m+ figure on his head, hastie was free

You honestly have something against players from scotland and its fuckin hilarious.

If you think this is bad business then you are an absolute moon howler.

Away and have a think
Jones and hastie have been class this season and Murphy is our most productive winger
Nonesense! Theres no good players in scotland!!!

Copyright MSF 2 weeks ago, just after he slated ryan jack and kamara for being not good enough, Ryan jack and kamara put in motm performances In consecutive weeks... So it tells you all you need to know about MSF.

Back