Hastie ready to sign

Good business being done early, Jones in early with Hastie gives us 2 very direct options and goal threat different to what we have plus add in getting Kamara 6 months early! Early decision on Kent and Bournemouth not recalling Jermaine and life is shaping up lovely. Meanwhile the filth have Bosmans abondoning a sinking ship and multiple loans ending with no clue who the manager will be and head of recruitment trying to work his way to Leicester (be best if Congerton and treacle teeth both remain for us)

Out of interest what's Hastie and Jones games, goals and assists?

I think both good squad signings with potential IF they work for it now

Out of interest what's Hastie and Jones games, goals and assists?

I think both good squad signings with potential IF they work for it now

You probably won’t like the answers.

Not to say they don’t have the ability to do well.

Worth pointing out that Stevie G and his team will have had the lad checked out in a number of games and won't be signing him based on what they've seen on Sportscene.

Worth pointing out that Stevie G and his team will have had the lad checked out in a number of games and won't be signing him based on what they've seen on Sportscene.

The Club have been after Hastie since he was 16 I’ve been told from the Motherwell side. The Academy staff will know all about him and I’m sure Gerrard will have sanctioned it on top of that.

Watching a few vids of Hastie and another standout is the lad Turnbull.

Turnbull looks an excellent prospect. Extremely comfortable on the ball for a player of his age & can also mix it physically.

Happy with Hastie. Not expecting him to nail down a starting slot next season as i dont think he is ready yet. Would actually not be too disappointed if we put him out on loan to continue his development as he is one for the future.

Excited by this one.

Looks to have bags of potential and based on his age, makes a lot of sense.

I’m confident he’ll make the grade with us.

Few should be eating some humble pie tonight after some of the drivel that was spouted about him over the last few weeks. Delighted for Jake, he’s a top boy who will do everything in his power to be a success for us. Great work from the club, we have to be snapping up the best young talent in the country and strive to supplement that with experience and quality.

really should be looking to hoover up the best available local talent, it wont always work out , but if we can improve some of them then maybe we see the benefits in the not too distant future,the mentally challengeds have had it too easy this last wee while getting players in from scottish teams,,the boy on loan at sunderland at the moment looks a decent prospect i think

I presume the fee will be similar to what Aberdeen were told to pay Hamilton for Lewis Ferguson?

The expectation at the Motherwell end is that they will get £300k-£400k. Difficult to estimate for Scottish internal development fee as their isn’t a set formula like the one set by UEFA. Rangers, of course, will argue that he’s only made a limited number of first team appearances etc.

Absolutely delighted with this!

A winger that wants to go one on one against the defender, beat him, and lets rip with a screamer into the top corner!

Genuinely can't wait to see him in a Rangers strip.

Missed the boat on that one. He signed a new contract in January. He’s going to cost someone upwards of £750k very soon. Looks an excellent prospect, moreso than Hastie in my opinion.

Hastie's by far the better prospect, and we've done exceptionally well to lure him to Ibrox.

Hastie's explosive! He can go on to achieve great things with Rangers.

Hastie's by far the better prospect, and we've done exceptionally well to lure him to Ibrox.

Hastie's explosive! He can go on to achieve great things with Rangers.

I’d agree Hastie COULD be a prospect. Turnbull, on the other hand, is a CERTAINTY to play at the top level.

You sure you’re not getting carried away with the Hastie stuff because it might lead to your ‘least favourite player’ being left out the team?

Already seeing fans saying hes not rangers class. Must be a new record we usually give players at least a minute or 2 before writing them off
The usual pish from the 'we shouldn't sign anyone from any club who don't have the same standing in world football as Rangers' idiots.

You could just imagine if follow follow existed throughout our history.

'Baxter? That 17 grand could be spent better'

'Cooper? Plays at Clydebank for a reason'

'McCoist? 9 goals in 65 games for Sunderland. Must be someone in the reserves who can do better'

Agents want a player to go for the highest amount of money etc as they get a percentage of the deal,generally they don't give a toss about anything else.
I know how agents work but more money doesnt alway mean its the best career move.

Scott Allan being a case in point.

His least favourite player is by far a better player than Hastie - at this moment in time.

In your opinion.

For me, we're on the verge of signing one of the most explosive talents to emerge in Scotland in a very long time.

Wee Danny's just about to slip down the pecking order - and rightly so.

For too long we've been waiting on a right winger with frightening pace ready to take his man on. We appear to have found ourselves a flower in the dirt.

Can you tell me just for the record, why does Shettleston feature as it does, I am gone from Glasgow area 40 odd years ago but had family who originated from there previously - would appreciate comment ?
Shettleston Harriers were a famous running club many years ago.

Not sure if they are still in existence.

It think the lad is a decent player, probably not a bad shout to sign him, however not convinced if we think signing players from Killie and Well are going to win us the league.

Rangers agree four-year deal for Motherwell forward Jake Hastie
By Christopher Jack @Chris_Jack89Group Senior Sports Writer

Motherwell's Jake Hastie (left) skips away from Rangers' Glen Kamara
9745901.jpg

RANGERS have won the race to sign highly-rated Motherwell forward Jake Hastie as he gets set to put pen-to-paper on an Ibrox deal.

Hastie has shot to prominence in the Premiership this term after spending the first half of the campaign on loan at Championship side Alloa.

The 20-year-old was attracting interest from a number of clubs in England but he will make the move to Rangers at the end of the season.

A four-year deal is now in place and Motherwell will be due six-figure training compensation for the attacker that has scored seven goals for Stephen Robinson's side this term.
Every day am shuff-a-lin ....
party-smiley-048.gif

If this is Kent’s replacement then we’re fucked.
Kent is a left sided winger, so Hastie is not a replacement for him as he plays on the right.

Hastie has started 13 games in the league for Motherwell this season, scoring 6 goals.

Kent must have started at least double the amount of games that Hastie has in the league this season and scored 6 goals also.

So if we’re going by stats, Hastie has a better goal to minute ratio than Kent. Kent may look good on the eye but his end product needs to improve.

Based upon anything favourable they ever saw on Sportscene, Stevie G and his team would probably have put the entire squad up for sale !!

Bar------s

However, Perhaps it is just me but maybe we are seeing a thawing in the hatred as perhaps they realise that things may otherwise move on without them !

Last edited:
Back