Hastie ready to sign

Laff's hat trick at Rugby park a few years back probably won us the league.How did you feel about him that day?

Did you miss me saying he scored some crucial goals at the end of each season ?

However it didn’t “ win us the league “ unless you are discounting the previous 37 games .

What point are you trying to make ?

Hastie has the making of a number 10 just off the striker and with more mobility than big Kyle he could be the answer. Plus he'll have a dig at goal.

Big laff was not up front when playing for hertz as big Djoum played up there with naismith and lafferty the free role to show his contribution. That's what many thought he'd do when we brought him in but it never happened.

This thread has turned into a big pile of dug poo.

Some people like this kind of signing, some don’t. Get over it.

STV News announce Jake Hastie's on his way to the Teddy Bears ...
party-smiley-048.gif

Hastie has 6 goals in 12 appearances.

Kent has the same amount of goals in double the appearances. Jones same as candaeis

Kent has a 6m+ figure on his head, hastie was free

You honestly have something against players from scotland and its fuckin hilarious.

If you think this is bad business then you are an absolute moon howler.
Mate, what the %^*& are you on about?

When have I said Hastie is bad business?

You just lied about Jones & Hastie having more G+A than all our wingers, then just lied about me thinking Hastie is bad business. Quite odd, away for a lie doon pal.

Nonesense! Theres no good players in scotland!!!

Copyright MSF 2 weeks ago, just after he slated ryan jack and kamara for being not good enough, Ryan jack and kamara put in motm performances In consecutive weeks... So it tells you all you need to know about MSF.
WTF are you on about, again? I like the both of them and was one of the only ones wanting Kamara. Although I’d definitely want an upgrade on Jack this summer

Freaking me out with all these lies tbh. Bit unhinged.

WTF are you on about, again? I like the both of them and was one of the only ones wanting Kamara. Although I’d definitely want an upgrade on Jack this summer

Freaking me out with all these lies tbh. Bit unhinged.
So why not wait for now?

So why not wait for now?
Wait for what?

All I said was they aren’t better than our wingers. Whats wrong with that? Then some poster has made about 6 posts about me talking utter shite.

Why would you get so offended at me thinking our wingers are better than Jones & Hastie right now. Although Hastie has good potential & is hopefully developed well.

If you disagree, wait & see, like you said.

Wait for what?

All I said was they aren’t better than our wingers. Whats wrong with that? Then some poster has made about 6 posts about me talking utter shite.

Why would you get so offended at me thinking our wingers are better than Jones & Hastie right now. Although Hastie has good potential & is hopefully developed well.

Not offended at all, I just happen to think you're being unreasonable; which is nothing personal by the way. We have no idea who will be here or who won't, nor who we will sign. I safely assume, going by the manager's words, that he is attempting to make us better, especially in the first eleven.

Did you miss me saying he scored some crucial goals at the end of each season ?

However it didn’t “ win us the league “ unless you are discounting the previous 37 games .

What point are you trying to make ?
If you say so,then it must be right.;)

@MSF do you think Ryan Kent would be a good signing?
Absolutely,but not at the the transfer fees being flung around.
Not when we are going to have Middleton,Hastie,Jones and Murphy all fit and ready to step
In and do the same job,with probably way more goals than Kent offers.

These mind numbing comments will never go away will they ? Hastie is a young player with potential, i doubt Gerrard thinks he is the key to winning the league next season..

Are we not allowed to develop players for the future ?

Some amount of roasters on this thread.

Not offended at all, I just happen to think you're being unreasonable; which is nothing personal by the way. We have no idea who will be here or who won't, nor who we will sign. I safely assume, going by the manager's words, that he is attempting to make us better, especially in the first eleven.
Thats fine, my original reply was to someone who said it would be between Hastie, Jones & Murphy for the wings next season. All I said was that would be weakening ourselfs.

Whats the issue with that? Certainly no need for the mental breakdown @Crispy Bacon just had. Freaked me out a bit.

Wait for what?

You said if we keep signing players of Kamaras standard we are in trouble, or words to that effect.

Said player has played out his skin since.

Answer my question, would Kent be a good signing?

How can i hold a debate with someone who clearly cannot remember catagorically stating no players from spfl will be good enough? Go check your post history man its you who is losing it :D

Thats fine, my original reply was to someone who said it would be between Hastie, Jones & Murphy for the wings next season. All I said was that would be weakening ourselfs.

Whats the issue with that? Certainly no need for the mental breakdown @Crispy Bacon just had. Freaked me out a bit.
I feel very confident that you and I will be a lot happier going into next season, which is purely guesswork by me. Gerrard will be backed and will know what we need.

Yes, weakening ourselves in the wide areas would bring the league home.

Mate, what the %^*& are you on about?

When have I said Hastie is bad business?

You just lied about Jones & Hastie having more G+A than all our wingers, then just lied about me thinking Hastie is bad business. Quite odd, away for a lie doon pal.

So “weakening” ourself is good business?

Signing a winger who has scored the same amount of goals in half the games as our best winger can hardly be classed as weakening ourselves, away YOU for a lie down.

Last edited:
So “weakening” ourself is not bad business?

Signing a winger who has scored the same amount of goals in half the games as our best winger can hardly be classed as weakening ourselves, away YOU for a lie down.
If we had just Hastie, Jones & Murphy next year it would be weakening ourselves from Kent, Murphy, Candeias. Yes, it 100% would.

But we won’t just have that. Its not a slight on Hastie, hes a young boy being brought in with development & potential in mind. Not going to start most games, he is around the same stage as Middleton in ability & development.

I didn’t say Jake Hastie makes us weaker. That doesn’t even make sense. So aye, go for a lie doon.

If we had just Hastie, Jones & Murphy last year it would be weakening ourselves from Kent, Murphy, Candeias. Yes, it 100% would.

But we won’t just have that. Its not a slight on Hastie, hes a young boy being brought in with development & potential in mind. Not going to start most games, he is around the same stage as Middleton in ability & development.

I didn’t say Jake Hastie makes us weaker. That doesn’t even make sense. So aye, go for a lie doon.
We aren’t in last year you rocket, we are talking about next season. If yer aunty had baws etc.

Jones has had a good season in a poorer squad with similar numbers to DC... Hastie had a better season that Kent and DC as it stands, and murphy hasnt played all season, middletons been bombed out but you are right, weaker.

We aren’t in last year you rocket, we are talking about next season. If yer aunty had baws etc.

Jones has had a good season in a poorer squad with similar numbers to DC... Hastie had a better season that Kent and DC as it stands, and murphy hasnt played all season, middletons been bombed out but you are right, weaker.
Wow. Theres something wrong with you. I’ll leave it there.

Wow. Theres something wrong with you. I’ll leave it there.
What have i said there that is incorrect? We’ll agree to disagree if you cant hold a debate without getting personal, but...

Try to avoid erskine bridge when Stewart signs.

What have i said there that is incorrect? We’ll agree to disagree if you cant hold a debate without getting personal, but...

Try to avoid erskine bridge when Stewart signs.

You called his aunt a tranny and called him the baddies in Pokemon, and then took the huff for "getting personal when he said you might not be right upstairs. Wow.
Quality FF.

These mind numbing comments will never go away will they ? Hastie is a young player with potential, i doubt Gerrard thinks he is the key to winning the league next season..

Are we not allowed to develop players for the future ?

Some amount of roasters on this thread.
Spot on mate.
Name me one title winning team of ours without a core of local players.
Anyone?

Spot on mate.
Name me one title winning team of ours without a core of local players.
Anyone?
I made this very point in the original thread and your man MSF’s opinion is that the standard isn’t the same now that it was 10 years ago, however he came to that conclusion.

There are people on here who seem to think thats our business done and dusted... before the window is even open. Anything to get their boot in - same people probably didn’t want SG as manager either.

I await being labeled a nutcase for speaking sense, boring now.

I made this very point in the original thread and your man MSF’s opinion that the standard isn’t the same now that it was 10 years ago, however he came to that conclusion.
Even if the standard isn’t as good, you still only need to beat the other teams, so...if you sign their best players, guess what should happen...

Even if the standard isn’t as good, you still only need to beat the other teams, so...if you sign their best players, guess what should happen...
Mate i’m with you, Hastie, Jack, Kamara... even Jones will strengthen our squad next season. I know we will spend money so my knickers are firmly untwisted and bone dry.

Lafferty was brilliant that day.
His hat trick will go down in the club's history as iconic of a great moment in our history.

But he isn't going to cut it in a league winning Rangers team next season.
He was great, everyone was

His hat-trick still didn’t win us the league :p

Definitely think he won’t feature next season.

Back