Hastie To Motherwell On Loan Confirmed

Looking at the Motherwell fans reactions.

I really wish we wouldn’t send players on loan to teams where they are already on the back foot. See Middleton last season for similar.

Doesn’t look good for him if he’s not even getting to do pre-season with us.

Happy with this. It’s going to be some ask for him to make it with us but loaning him out with a point to prove in the league we play in can only be a good thing. He had a fantastic relationship with Turnbull at Motherwell and that got the best out of him.

Player feels comfortable there, played well enough there the last time to make us interested in the first place.

Better playing for Motherwell every week than sitting on the bench at Rotherham.
So abuse every week from their fans(like before he left) will have him in his comfort zone?That would have been his options?Motherwell or the bench at Rotherham?There are other clubs out there who would have taken him in a heartbeat.

Should've been done last year. Buy him and leave him where he was. He was never good enough to come in and make an impact with us immediately

Good luck to the lad, hope he tears it up. Unfortunately for him the hatred others have for Rangers mean it’s firmly stacked against him.

So abuse every week from their fans(like before he left) will have him in his comfort zone?That would have been his options?Motherwell or the bench at Rotherham?There are other clubs out there who would have taken him in a heartbeat.

I understand all that but it seems as if it was between Hearts and Motherwell so playing SPL football surely suits us better in the long term?

a good move for him. All young players need first team football and we need to do it more often.

Makes sense. Although probably a year too late - we should have bought & loaned back for a season at the time.

He's a young kid so getting him back into a situation that he is comfortable with should allow him to kick on.

Said the same when Kelly went to Ross County, but the fact is we need these players to get SPL experience unfortunately.
Not an Spl team but apparently Inverness are interested in taking Dapo Mebude on loan according to a guy I work with who's an Inverness fan

Great, helping out a club who's CEO has been at the forefront of the SPFL corruption and trying to threaten and bully clubs to vote against Rangers calls for an IE.

Very good, our board are really showing themselves to be as in touch with the fans as previous incumbents.

We should be doing business with no SPFL club, least of all loaning them players.

Bigger picture mate
Better teams out there with less to say about our club,players,fans and finances to loan our players to.Bigger picture is we are at war with these scumbags we are vilified week in week out by them and their ilk yet we still do business with them.That is why I’m disappointed he’s went there.

I'm not in the know or anything but maybe Jake didn't want to move away from home again to sit on the bench most weeks.

Great, helping out a club who's CEO has been at the forefront of the SPFL corruption and trying to threaten and bully clubs to vote against Rangers calls for an IE.

Very good, our board are really showing themselves to be as in touch with the fans as previous incumbents.

We should be doing business with no SPFL club, least of all loaning them players.

I hear what you're saying mate, in an ideal world I wouldn't be giving any of them the steam off my push. But how do our young players get experience of the league?

Good luck Jake. Go there with no fear, tear it up again (especially against Timmy), then come back ready for us in the Champions League in 21/22. Or earlier, to help us over the line for 55.

This is best for Rangers. End of story.

Someone mentioned the "bigger picture" above.
This is the bigger picture for me.

If being in touch with the fans means depriving young players of opportunities to develop, I'm glad they aren't.

Most of the reactions from rangers fans is that this is a positive move for him. Check this thread for example.

Are you as in touch with the fans as you think you are?

Reactions: CR5
Back