Hastie To Motherwell On Loan Confirmed

Player feels comfortable there, played well enough there the last time to make us interested in the first place.

Better playing for Motherwell every week than sitting on the bench at Rotherham.
I would prefer nobody went on loan to England , young guys staying in hotels etc cant be good.
Diiffernt way of playing than Scottish teams.

A poster on one of their forums saying we will sign Turnbull for £1m.

I personally think that is a lot of shite though, he will still end up at Celtic in my opinion.

For anyone moaning about how this helps Motherwell...

It does. It helps them beat other teams. He isn't allowed to play against us so it doesn't damage us at all. If anything, having to leave him out v us might even disrupt them.

Does it make them stronger against Celtic? Yes. Does it make them stronger against us? No.

So stop with the nonsense because you're talking rubbish.

It does. It helps them beat other teams. He isn't allowed to play against us so it doesn't damage us at all. If anything, having to leave him out v us might even disrupt them.

Does it make them stronger against Celtic? Yes. Does it make them stronger against us? No.

Ur we aye?

I don't think he'd get in our midfield. He certainly doesn't go ahead of Hagi or Aribo in that more advanced role.
He’s a better chance of playing for us than that lot. Our midfield is an area that is static. We need a goal scoring midfielder tbh

We shouldn't be dealing with people like that IMO, on a slight tangent, personally I don't think loans in the same division should be allowed.

Turnbull's not for me. Doesn't get near our team imo unless Hagi is staying as the right sided ten in which case he may be slightly closer as there will be 3 spots in the middle.

Yes he is a different type of player but he doesn't have enough to his all round game yet imo.

Gets him more experience and confidence hopefully, probably wouldn't feature much for us in the upcoming season.

Thankfully the gaffer is looking purely at the footballing side here and ignoring some of the Uber staunch nonsense you see on here. It gets our player premier league experience and weakens them when they play us. There’s no downside.

Aye you blatantly are.

It's pretty sad you don't want to do something that benefits Rangers just because you hate another club when it has no detrimental impact on Rangers at all. And Motherwell are my most hated club after Celtic btw.
It’s sad that I don’t want to assist a club that hate us and put the boot into us when they can?You think this will be good for the lad.I on the other hand do not.When they dip and they will he will be blamed it’s a cert.Horrible wee club we should have nothing to do with.Enjoy your day and relax not everyone has to agree with you. ;)

It’s sad that I don’t want to assist a club that hate us and put the boot into us when they can?You think this will be good for the lad.I on the other hand do not.When they dip and they will he will be blamed it’s a cert.Horrible wee club we should have nothing to do with.Enjoy your day and relax not everyone has to agree with you. ;)

I agree. They are a horrible wee club. But if it helps them against Celtic and doesn't have any impact against us then it's us looking after number one. No favours being done here.

I agree. They are a horrible wee club. But if it helps them against Celtic and doesn't have any impact against us then it's us looking after number one. No favours being done here.
Bud I get everything your saying.Honestly I do.I see the angles Rangers are on a win win here.Its nothing to do with that at all.That club went out it’s way to block our independent inquiry.They stood with the corrupt and called us out.Now as an old guy who finds it hard to forgive they are one of the clubs I would have nothing to do with ever again.

Bud I get everything your saying.Honestly I do.I see the angles Rangers are on a win win here.Its nothing to do with that at all.That club went out it’s way to block our independent inquiry.They stood with the corrupt and called us out.Now as an old guy who finds it hard to forgive they are one of the clubs I would have nothing to do with ever again.

Fair enough mate. I hate them as well tbf.

I'm a fan of our players going on loan to clubs in our division. Best place to see their capabilities, and might help in teams taking points of Celtic.

It's a good move for us and him if he find his old form he might do damage against other sides this season and he will start either impressing the management team here or gather interest from other sides
Don't expect it to last long but he also gets a bit more exposure to European fitba. Good luck to the lad and as with EVERY Glasgow Rangers player I wish him nothing but the best and hope he fulfills his potential with us in the future.

He was supposed to have a left foot like an Exocet missile (© Tom Commentator), but we never saw much of that

Hopefully does the damage against Celtic

Motherwell must be thinking they've won a watch with us..

Sell him for £350k or whatever, take him back 2 years later on loan and have a manager, Captain and board who fkin hate us as witnessed though SPFL shenanigans

We know how to send out a message not to mess with us....

Sink us an we will erm help you out...

We should never be helping that stinking club really disappointed about this move why would we help clubs that hate us I can’t figure it out

And me, a team happy to see corruption continue.
He will probably get a fair bit of abuse from their scummy fans as well but it will harden him up.

It's not about them, or helping them though. It's about giving the lad game time to kick on and show he can be a success with us.

Putting their obnoxious fans, and their equally obnoxious chairman, aside, I would prefer it if he went to a club with a manager who tries to get his side to play football, rather than the shite they serve up week after week.

Don’t understand all the chat about him getting game time at an SPL club. He was doing that before - that’s why we signed him.

Anyway, hopefully he performs well against the dhims.

On the question of Hastie, I have yet to hear a compelling case as to why he was signed in the first place. The whole situation suggests confusion and bumbling on Rangers part.

In future, when contemplating the signing of a young prospect, the following questions should be asked:

Do his skill-sets, his strengths, represent a need in the squad,

What exactly must to be done in terms of coaching to develop those strengths to a level where he would be regarded as a potential starter on the first team squad.

If the intention is to sign and then loan the player out, which team would represent the best environment for his development to take place (this would of course require regular monitoring of the players progress to ensure that everything is on track.)

Lastly, the fees and finances involved - is the potential risk/reward likely to be worth it?.

Of course there always is subjectivity in decisions as to who and who not to sign. But a template such as the above (or something like it), should be used as a matter of course by the scouting staff in consultation with the manager and his coaches, before making decisions are taken as to which young players Rangers might consider signing. Doing so, might at least help bring some rationality to the process.

Yeah i get he needs spfl level football, so we loan motherwell a player so they can sell one to our rivals, that's bonkers if that happens.

I wouldn't have loaned him back there. Their fans were giving him dogs abuse before he left and they dropped him.

On the question of Hastie, I have yet to hear a compelling case as to why he was signed in the first place. The whole situation suggests confusion and bumbling on Rangers part.

In future, when contemplating the signing of a young prospect, the following questions should be asked:

Do his skill-sets, his strengths, represent a need in the squad,

What exactly must to be done in terms of coaching to develop those strengths to a level where he would be regarded as a potential starter on the first team squad.

If the intention is to sign and then loan the player out, which team would represent the best environment for his development to take place (this would of course require regular monitoring of the players progress to ensure that everything is on track.)

Lastly, the fees and finances involved - is the potential risk/reward likely to be worth it?.

Of course there always is subjectivity in decisions as to who and who not to sign. But a template such as the above (or something like it), should be used as a matter of course by the scouting staff in consultation with the manager and his coaches, before making decisions are taken as to which young players Rangers might consider signing. Doing so, might at least help bring some rationality to the process.
That’s Ross Wilson‘s role and every player has to be agreed / approved by the manager. We have signed a strange amount of wide players over the last few years. Kent, Jones, Ojo, Barker, Stewart, Hastie and we still had Murphy.
i’m desperate to see us sign at least 2 strikers with good goal scoring records.

He’s a better chance of playing for us than that lot. Our midfield is an area that is static. We need a goal scoring midfielder tbh

We already have one in Aribo the problem is our management team have no idea where to play him.

As for Turnbull you would be looking for him to do it again for another season before considering moving for him. That might drive his price further but £3m for a guy who scored 5 goals from open play (other 4 are 2 free kicks and 2 penalties) and a year out with a knee injury is too big a gamble.

I remember when he was first linked and a few were unsure but most rated him, then the rumours started that he was going to them and at that point he became an absolutely must sign because he's some player.
I liked the look of him in his youtube reel, haven't seen anything else since so can't judge.

Great, helping out a club who's CEO has been at the forefront of the SPFL corruption and trying to threaten and bully clubs to vote against Rangers calls for an IE.

Very good, our board are really showing themselves to be as in touch with the fans as previous incumbents.

We should be doing business with no SPFL club, least of all loaning them players.
If we didn't do any business with the spfl we wouldn't be playing at all. This is a good move for all concerned

Back