Hate to say it, but it looks like Davis is getting too old.

100%

His pass for our first goal was superb and he’d been winning back possession several times prior to that.

Thing about Davis is a few misplaced passes on here and-he becomes shite....his pass completion rate eclipses every player on the pitch every week.

People need to get a grip.
I think folk were also listening to that prick of a commentator having his say after a couple of poor passes.

Davis came on to a fine game.
I don’t know what some people are watching at times.

I think he’s trying to do jacks engine room job and his own and doing neither. Hopefully jack back and game time under his belt allows Davis to spread the ball about again as he did earlier in the season.
This all day long ^^^^

Not to take anything away from ronight's result, and as much as he brings to the team, it looks to me as if Steven Davis has started to lose the sharpness that is required to play twice a week. Usually he sits deep and runs the show, but the Braga players were far too quick for him tonight ( although he wasn't the only one), especially at their 2nd goal.
I suspect the manager will be looking to get some younger fresher legs for that position in the summer.

Hopefully he proves me wrong for the remainder of the season, but tonight I really noticed how sluggish he looked.
Jack isn't the quickest player either, I feel like we need a bit more pace in the midfield, our recent poor performances haven't been helped by our pedestrian paced 'recycling' of the ball.
What was Kamara’s excuse?

I’d be more concerned if Davis wasn’t going looking the ball and trying to set our tempo.
Granted he’s been off form but who hasn’t apart from Arfield of late?

I don’t think even a truly sensational turnaround like that tonight should mask the fact that we need a couple of serious upgrades to the middle of the park this summer.
Biggest upgrade in the middle of the park would be grass. Pitch was shocking and hopefully it was just a bad day at the office for Davis

Not to take anything away from ronight's result, and as much as he brings to the team, it looks to me as if Steven Davis has started to lose the sharpness that is required to play twice a week. Usually he sits deep and runs the show, but the Braga players were far too quick for him tonight ( although he wasn't the only one), especially at their 2nd goal.
I suspect the manager will be looking to get some younger fresher legs for that position in the summer.

Hopefully he proves me wrong for the remainder of the season, but tonight I really noticed how sluggish he looked.
Jack isn't the quickest player either, I feel like we need a bit more pace in the midfield, our recent poor performances haven't been helped by our pedestrian paced 'recycling' of the ball.

Hope the sun shines for you in the morning.

He couldn’t press as quickly as was needed at times and he didn’t have the same awareness of those around him at times. However he was having to play alongside a Braga player in disguise of Kamara!

I think it’s just form, because Davis has been mammoth from the start of the season to New Year.

Age can’t have fucked him in the space of 4-6 weeks since the end of 2019.

I think he has just been struggling along with the rest of his team mates. If the team gets going again off the back of tonight, Davis will be at the heart of that.
Agreed. He’s been good but not spectacular. He’s a top player - he’s hit a wee dip at an unfortunate time

Not the time or the place looking for negatives after that result - but well done OP you have managed it quite easily it seems.

You could easily say that about the rest of them then because for an hour they were all second to every ball. Kamara had to be the worst for getting the run around and easily chased but I don’t think he’s too old.

Improved significantly when Kamara went off, unsurprisingly.

Huge interception and pass to create the first goal, he'll be fine.

My heart says he’s only 3 months older than dominating midfields in EL. Heart says we’ll probably need a long term replacement in summer.

I don’t think even a truly sensational turnaround like that tonight should mask the fact that we need a couple of serious upgrades to the middle of the park this summer.
100% and I hope I’m wrong but the OP looks right Davis looks like it a season too far.

I think its more to do with having played more football than a player his age has been playing this season rather than he's looking old if that makes sense. I'd like to see Steven kelly become almost like his apprentice next season with a view to take over the season after

Don't think it's an age thing. I think it's a fact that he's just in a poor run of form. We have also missed Jack in beside him for several matches.

Think this is a tad harsh oh Davis.

Braga have been tearing teams apart this season and we were no different.

How we turned a 0-2 deficit into a 3-2 win against a team who were annihilating us is a wonderful mystery.

What I do know is for that last 25 minutes, Ibrox thundered, and the noise levels were immense. Hagi goal put some belief in us and we roared to victory.

I’m hoping he is just off form but he has been honking in 2020.

We should be signing his successor this summer anyway, even if he turns it round, need to be ready for his drop off.

He has played in 40 games this season for club and country. That’s a lot for a midfielder at his age so no surprise if he’s showing a bit of leg weariness at times. We should give him a rest when we can and leave him out of the team in games such as Stranraer in the cup just after we came back from Dubai. I was shocked at the time he played 90 minutes that night. It was surely an opportunity to give him a rest and use the squad.

I think if people were to take off the blue tinted glasses and be really honest we need an upgrade for Davis and Arfield. Both have been great servants and will still serve us well going forward but we must be looking at replacing them

davis is still a fantastic player
but yes time/age is catching up
but in the spl he can still stroll it

He’s not and was on the bench for half of the last 18 months the Lego eater is their top defensive mid , Why do folk continually big up their players , We ran rings round them the last 2 games.
Jesus Christ. You said I said he was a defensive midfielder, I never. What’s hard to understand about that

Jesus Christ. You said I said he was a defensive midfielder, I never. What’s hard to understand about that

You said he was a monster of a defensive midfielder he’s not a patch on Jack or Davis ,

My comment is why are you going on about a scum player who doesn’t always even make their team .

Why not say Kante or someone like that .

You said he was a monster of a defensive midfielder he’s not a patch on Jack or Davis ,

My comment is why are you going on about a scum player who doesn’t always even make their team .

Why not say Kante or someone like that .
I never said he was a monster of a defensive midfielder. Don’t lie now

Agreed, hes alright for the Scottish league but was chasing shadows last night...Could have taken either one of him or Kamara off last night.. Doesnt help when Gerrard plays the 3 across the middle of the park and Braga have 4 with a man spare out left..

He’s definitely suffering a drop in form in line with the team. I agree in that maybe he’s not a two game a week player.

He seems reminiscent of how he was playing this time last year, just seems a bit slower and leggy. Much like most of the team so far in 2020 though. The brain is most defintely still there and I'm sure he'll get back up to speed.

Back