Hats off to the Union Bears yesterday

They were brilliant in generating atmosphere, was an incident at the end in that section, seen a few chasing a guy over seats?

Union bears tried their best. Thought the atmosphere was flat to be honest but it’s been like that at Hampden for as long as I can remember.

Union bears tried their best. Thought the atmosphere was flat to be honest but it’s been like that at Hampden for as long as I can remember.

Don't know where you were standing bud, but we were near the back of the West Stand in line with six yard box and the atmosphere was excellent. As my husky voice and sore throat today can testify .

Hardly heard the unwashed, except when they scored and a wee while after

Don't know where you were standing bud, but we were near the back of the West Stand in line with six yard box and the atmosphere was excellent. As my husky voice and sore throat today can testify .

Hardly heard the unwashed, except when they scored and a wee while after

I had the exact same experience in the west stand. Obviously I can't state as fact as I wasn't there but the other stands looked pretty lively as well, certainly didn't seem flat.

I honestly though that was their best yet - timing for getting things started was spot on as well.

bot usually one for the smoke bombs and stuff but it had a place yesterday.

Yes its been a criticism of me and others that the soundtrack doesnt match the pitch.

Rangers support did their best to carry and keep the team pounding at the door.

It is absolutely critical on Thursday for everyone to realise the players were in absolute bits at full time. Probably on a par with UEFA Cup Final levels of upset / tears / death in the family interviews.

History and general sports knowledge says the teams going to struggle to recover, we absolutely have to carry them on Thursday

Well done to everyone

There was proper ferocity in us

Still got Follow Follow Glasgow Rangers pounding between my ears
A spine tingling moment for me was when we layed siege on the Celtic goal at the start of the second half and the support let out a roar of encouragement.must say follow follow Glasgow Rangers is still going round my head today as well

UB get a lot of stick for a number of reasons, but ones thing for sure every single one of them love the club and would do anything to help the club in whatever way they can.

You can always bet on them to show up against the Scum and they are a good lot to get behind against the poets when we all need to stand together.

As an old duffer right at the back of the West Stand very central I thought the atmosphere was great at Hampden ,best I can recall in ages . Dropped towards the end understandably but a bit like the team ,the support dominated the game

Up until the goal it was only Bears I could hear on TV, you could've been forgiven for thinking the mhanky bastards hadn't even turned up to be honest.

Row E of the West Stand next to the corner flag of the South Stand was where our club tickets were.

Atrocious view and spent much of the first half watching the screens.

Thought our support was magnificent yesterday.

They never made any real noise until our pathetic attempt of a penalty kick.

The atmosphere before that was amazing and the start of the second half when we had them penned in with corners and free kicks the bears where going tonto.

Follow Follow Glasgow Rangers and Build My Gallows were outstanding.

Not scoring the penalty took the wind out of us on and off the park.

Where were you sitting? That’s one of the best atmospheres I’ve experienced at a game for a while.
West stand row XX. Might have been a slight hangover from watching the boxing but I thought the atmosphere was just decent. For example I thought last years New Years game was 10 time’s better. Similarly feyenoord away was better last week.

It seems it was only me though so maybe I was rougher than I thought.

The Union Bears were great last night, the renditions of Follow Follow Glasgow Rangers and a Trip to Ibrox were my favourites

They never made any real noise until our pathetic attempt of a penalty kick.

The atmosphere before that was amazing and the start of the second half when we had them penned in with corners and free kicks the bears where going tonto.

Follow Follow Glasgow Rangers and Build My Gallows were outstanding.

Not scoring the penalty took the wind out of us on and off the park.
The penalty miss sucked the life out of the support and the players as deep down we knew it was just not going to be our day

When the smoke bombs went off were they using a strobe or something rather than flares? Looked good anyway.

I could only see the first half but it sounded electric for the majority on TV - almost constant singing, most of it from the Rangers sections .

Atmosphere in the west stand was bouncing up until the penalty sucked the life out of everyone on and off the pitch. Smoke bomb at the start was class. Well done UB again for creating the atmosphere.

I was sitting at ZZ in the West Stand yesterday and thought the atmosphere from our end was outstanding. We need to continue in the same way on Thursday because the team will need us. Celtic not having an onside shot on target against us shows how far we’ve come. On another day we would have hammered them and that other day will be coming soon. Let’s go!

The pyro was class especially the red, white and blue smoke.

Anyone got a rough idea whereabouts minute wise during the match that Build My Gallows was sung because it was absolutely deafening.

I was behind them and they were superb in getting the bears going throughout the 90 minutes.

Always been a fan of the group although I was critical of them for their display in Rotterdam due to the fine heading our way even though it did look class.

Yesterday the smoke bombs and flares looked the part.
Pyro looks absolutely class and added to the prematch atmosphere. It’s an integral part of football supporter culture in Europe and it’s good to see us being apart of creating these displays.

Depends what you compare it with? I was quite close to where the UBs were standing and thought they done a great job in getting the rest of the support fired up and keeping the noise going for long periods of the game which I am sure the players and manager appreciated but in terms of what the Rangers end used to be like in the past those days are gone and never coming back.

The powers that be in this country tried and succeeded in reducing the impact of the Rangers support with the incessant campaign attacking our club, history and songbook paying off so much so that atmospheres such as the LCF victories over them and the sheep in 86, 87 and 88 would be impossible to recreate.

Of course all seated stadia has played a part in the lacklustre atmosphere you now have for the most part but it’s actually at the point now which I witnessed myself at the semi final against Hearts where you had fellow Rangers customers looking at supporters who were trying to keep the noise levels going as if they two heads.

Was flat after the goal and penalty, unfortunately you can only take so much before you realise its not your day!

I was in the North Stand. As soon as ACDC Shoot to Kill came on I was going fuckin nuts. I love that song. It's a proper anthem for football.

I honestly though that was their best yet - timing for getting things started was spot on as well.

Not usually one for the smoke bombs and stuff but it had a place yesterday.

The prick Muir brought those on himself with his tifo pish. :D.

Fans were brilliant again yesterday.

Back