Have any of our impartial Press highlighted that we have not had a penalty in the league since last October?

ThorntonMM

It's amazing how often it's sighted or insinuated in the press, on radio and in football forums that Rangers are given penalties on a weekly basis yet the truth is quite the opposite.

Remember the outcry when Dallas awarded us four penalties in the one match at Ibrox ? Three of them were stonewallers. One was incorrectly awarded and we were actually denied the most blatant appeal towards the end of the game. The mhedia went into overdrive.
The club said nothing about it.
Ever since that day there seems to have been an enormous amount of pressure applied to not award us a penalty kick no matter how clear it is. Various handballs in the box were ignored. Beaton bottled out of giving us a penalty at Pittodrie and instead awarded us only a free kick outside the box.
Gerrard should have slaughtered him. Instead he gave him the benefit of the doubt by saying he'd be the most disappointed person in the stadium that he got it wrong.

It made it easy for Beaton to shaft us again at Rugby Park a few weeks later.
You just know if it was the unwashed that had gone so long without a penalty kick we would be reading about it on a weekly basis and of course it would be used as evidence of a perceived bias against them.

It's time for Rangers to start highlighting the negligence of Referees to apply the rules in a fair and honest manner.

Yesterday was clear proof of how Referees will continue to shaft us so long as we do not call them out.

Barisic with any other ref I think goes down yesterday at that lunge instead he hurdles the leg and we still nearly scored.

Every footballer in the world in his position would have initiated contact and gone down in my opinion but we clearly have been told not to give Clancy an excuse to book us. With Barisic on a yellow it was the sensible option.

Barisic with any other ref I think goes down yesterday at that lunge instead he hurdles the leg and we still nearly scored.

Every footballer in the world in his position would have initiated contact and gone down in my opinion but we clearly have been told not to give Clancy an excuse to book us. With Barisic on a yellow it was the sensible option.

Clancy was licking his lips in anticipation of the second yellow as he saw Barasic go towards that challenge.

We did get a penalty at Hampden in December right enough. Obvious, of course, just as many others have been that we didn’t get. It does kinda weaken the argument though.

Check out the one St Mirren didn’t get from Collum yesterday.:eek:

Integrity fc really don't have to work hard for their wins do they, yet another super soft pen and terrible defending from Ross County.
At least Roy will have enjoyed that result.

We did get a penalty at Hampden in December right enough. Obvious, of course, just as many others have been that we didn’t get. It does kinda weaken the argument though.

Check out the one St Mirren didn’t get from Collum yesterday.:eek:
Doesn't weaken the argument. We have not had a penalty in a 'league match' since last October.
That is a fact.

Doesn't weaken the argument. We have not had a penalty in a 'league match' since last October.
That is a fact.

It weakens your argument which appears to be ‘they are all out to get us’. They’re not, they are all just shit. Witness Collum yesterday.

It weakens your argument which appears to be ‘they are all out to get us’. They’re not, they are all just shit. Witness Collum yesterday.
So it is just coincidence that Rangers have been denied numerous penalty kick appeals and not had a penalty since last October despite being the most attacking team alongside the Mhanks in the league?

You seriously don't believe that Referees haven't been influenced by the regular insinuation by the media that Rangers are given penalties every week?

I am also not saying they are "ALL OUT TO GET US". I am saying that there is a clear issue in that we have not been awarded a penalty kick for almost a year now despite countless appeals.
Rangers should at the very least use their their media page to highlight it and put to bed the notion we are somehow given prefered treatment.

So it is just coincidence that Rangers have been denied numerous penalty kick appeals and not had a penalty since last October despite being the most attacking team alongside the Mhanks in the league?

You seriously don't believe that Referees haven't been influenced by the regular insinuation by the media that Rangers are given penalties every week?
I am also not saying they are "ALL OUT TO GET US". I am saying that there is a clear issue in that we have not been awarded a penalty kick for almost a year now despite countless appeals.
Rangers should at the very least use their their media page to highlight it and put to bed the notion we are somehow given prefered treatment.

As I’ve said, I think the referees are, in the main, just shit. I don’t buy into the theory they are against us any more than they are against anyone else. Talk to fans of clubs outwith the OF and they will tell you we both get decisions they would never get.

I don‘t have a problem with Rangers highlighting clear errors. In fact I’d welcome it when it is blatantly wrong. Had we not been given a penalty as blatant as the St Mirren one yesterday I’d see no reason for us not to comment upon it. Most decisions aren’t that clear cut though.

Probably just a coincidence that we are one of the least physical teams in the league and are nowhere near the bottom of the yellow and red cards list.

It's amazing how often it's sighted or insinuated in the press, on radio and in football forums that Rangers are given penalties on a weekly basis yet the truth is quite the opposite.
I haven’t seen or heard anything in the press, radio or football forums saying we get penalties on a weekly basis. Presumably because we don’t.

Think Roofe can take penalties? IMO was a mistake to take Tav off the penalties as he had scored many under pressure (you certainly do not change it in a cup final against your rivals).

PS their French striker is a diver but never seems to get highlighted.

As I’ve said, I think the referees are, in the main, just shit. I don’t buy into the theory they are against us any more than they are against anyone else. Talk to fans of clubs outwith the OF and they will tell you we both get decisions they would never get.

I don‘t have a problem with Rangers highlighting clear errors. In fact I’d welcome it when it is blatantly wrong. Had we not been given a penalty as blatant as the St Mirren one yesterday I’d see no reason for us not to comment upon it. Most decisions aren’t that clear cut though.
I get this. Except Clancy he really is a cheating bastard. But your comment about other fans is true but they all say that and with not much basis. I’ve got one and he’s in the firm belief the OF get everything and when I point out stuff we didn’t get in just ONE game he can barely recall one possible game changing decision they never got within 10 games. They stuff we don’t get is astronomical compared to other teams COMBINED.

Think Roofe can take penalties? IMO was a mistake to take Tav off the penalties as he had scored many under pressure (you certainly do not change it in a cup final against your rivals).

PS their French striker is a diver but never seems to get highlighted.
Correct, our Captain should never have been relieved of this duty. This forum was ecstatic he was. FFS you miss a few, most do, maybe bar Le Tissier. I watched in horror in a Rangers club as Morelos stepped up and they were cheering wildly before he even hit it. Then they turned on him.
Tav should have hit that.

Correct, our Captain should never have been relieved of this duty. This forum was ecstatic he was. FFS you miss a few, most do, maybe bar Le Tissier. I watched in horror in a Rangers club as Morelos stepped up and they were cheering wildly before he even hit it. Then they turned on him.
Tav should have hit that.

A whole new thread that.

Interesting topic

Remember the outcry when Dallas awarded us four penalties in the one match at Ibrox ? Three of them were stonewallers. One was incorrectly awarded and we were actually denied the most blatant appeal towards the end of the game. The mhedia went into overdrive.
The club said nothing about it.
Ever since that day there seems to have been an enormous amount of pressure applied to not award us a penalty kick no matter how clear it is. Various handballs in the box were ignored. Beaton bottled out of giving us a penalty at Pittodrie and instead awarded us only a free kick outside the box.
Gerrard should have slaughtered him. Instead he gave him the benefit of the doubt by saying he'd be the most disappointed person in the stadium that he got it wrong.

It made it easy for Beaton to shaft us again at Rugby Park a few weeks later.
You just know if it was the unwashed that had gone so long without a penalty kick we would be reading about it on a weekly basis and of course it would be used as evidence of a perceived bias against them.

It's time for Rangers to start highlighting the negligence of Referees to apply the rules in a fair and honest manner.

Yesterday was clear proof of how Referees will continue to shaft us so long as we do not call them out.

I said it at the time; the St. Mirren penalty awards were purely to keep the numbers up and less obvious in a game that we were clearly going to win.

Clancy would've sent him off with a second yellow for diving.

Tbf I’m not sure he was, Barisic gave Clancy the chance to send him off and he never
At that incident if he had sent him of he would have had to explain the full circumstances and why Alfie was on ground with hash on his leg.

He protected himself at that point as if he had sent barsic off clancy couldn't have explained and was in a whole lot of trouble

It’s a good point. I would guess that we haven’t went a calendar year Without a penalty in the last 50 years or so but maybe some statistician can clarify?
It happens to coincide with us giving them a proper challenge for the first time in 8 years.

It’s a good point. I would guess that we haven’t went a calendar year Without a penalty in the last 50 years or so but maybe some statistician can clarify?
It happens to coincide with us giving them a proper challenge for the first time in 8 years.
Last Season was bordering on corrupt the amount of penalties we were denied. A Ref even turned down a blatant handball and claimed he couldn't award the penalty as it was windy.

Back