Have I missed something re Matt Polster?

Is the OP suggesting he’s made the USA squad? Would be surprised. He’s only got 1 cap and his form for us can’t have done it.

Did he not play at defensive midfield for a spell in the Blackburn game? could maybe have been given a run inplace of Jack

His mrs was working for BBC Scotland covering the Solheim Cup at Gleneagles

He looked very decent when he came on at holding mid in a game earlier in the season, obviously well down the pecking order for our midfield though.
The right footed Andy Haliday.
Will get games, will do just enough. Cheap and decent backup.

When there are a few injuries these guys give us options as they can fill in on several positions.

Polster can't get a game because he's not a fraction of the player Tavernier is, as simple as that.

From what i've seen of Polster, both in his limited game time with us and his obligatory youtube highlights video, he looks a good player.

I'd like to see him given a chance in the Europa League. I personally think he looks suited to the holding midfield role and in my opinion has the same playing characteristics as Ross McCrorie. Certainly not shy in the tackle.

He's not taking the captain's place. Tav so never seems to get injured. There's only so many players you can put on the bench..

He's played less than 100 games at the age of 26.

Who would he get in the team ahead of?

Based on what?
Based on what i have seen of him playing at centre mid obviously

And this is in hindsight i never called for him to start

Based on what i have seen of him playing at centre mid obviously

And this is in hindsight i never called for him to start

So that's games against East Fife and St Joseph's (both where he played at right back) and a bunch of meaningless friendlies.

He would have been completely out his depth in midfield against them.

So that's games against East Fife and St Joseph's (both where he played at right back) and a bunch of meaningless friendlies.

He would have been completely out his depth in midfield against them.
He wouldn't have been any worse than than our midfielders on the day, none of us know if he would have been out his depth, he is a hard tackling midfielder and i think he would have done a job, none of us can prove or disprove that until he plays a big game there.

I can't base it on much other than my own view of what i have seen of him, you could be right and he could be absoloutely p1sh in there

Why has it got to this stage without a picture. Standards are away in this place! P.s i don't know how to upload before someone comments lol

Polster is generally a midfielder who has often played right back at his previous club.

Seems very clear that Davis, Jack, Kamara, Aribo, King are all better midfielders so he can't get near there so he becomes the reserve right back to James Tavernier- who is the best athlete at the club and touch would has missed only like 2 games through injury in nearly 5 years.

Polster is probably a decent player but lets be honest, years from now we know how he will be remembered... and by christ what a pair of tits and arse, sensational.

He has looked decent enough when played but he's challenging for a place against our captain who is one of our two best players.

What's there to miss? He'll only get a game when giving Tav a rest.

lqif4X8.jpg

I would expect him to feature at some stage with all the upcoming games.
Tav would face burnout if he was to play every game.
Probably feature in League Cup games and then as part of the rotation later on.
Looks decent from what i've seen so far.

Back